Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network

Concept »

The online service used on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

PSN Flash Sale this weekend

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

It seems the trend of sudden and short sales has made it's way to consoles as Sony is having a sale on PSN this weekend only. Here's a link to what's on sale. https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_FLASHSALEDEC13?twtp_mcc_imgp

Personally I think the highlights are probably the two Batman games, XCom and Tearaway. Now I agree with Jeff Cannata from today's Weekend Confirmed for feeling dumb about paying $35 for Tearaway. Retailers dropped it to $20 quick because it was not selling at all and now even Sony is selling it for $18.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Might get arkham origins, but Im not sure... The fact that it recycles a lot from city really bums me out.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Nothing grabbing me except for that Teraway deal for $17.99. Wish I had a Vita though.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Damn i just bought Ratchet and Clank and Tearaway at a store, where i had to have someone try to sell me on a powerup card, and the games cost more...oh well.

I would jump on Enemy Within but after tabulating how much i spent on games this year i have to learn how to contain my spending habits, but then again its on sale...

glacialhelmnun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I appreciate the gesture, sony, but these prices are still way too damn high.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hatking

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ANGRY BIRDS STAR WARS FOR FORTY FUCKING FIVE DOLLARS SOMEBODY GET MY WALLET.

Is that a joke? It's like the gross, unfunny version of Cards Against Humanity's Black Friday sale.

Anyway, I just started righting my decade long mistake of not playing Ratchet and Clank games. I'm actually wrapping up the first one as I type this. Maybe I'll grab Nexus for when I get to it. Then again, by the time I do it'll probably be this price anyway.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I already paid full price for Tearaway. (Worth it.)

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

they have been doing this all month, there's a banner running along most video game sites even giant bomb. I personally Picked up FF14 for 10 bucks just two weeks ago.

gabha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By gabha
    No Caption Provided

Funny, Sony.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

They still really don't know how to do a sale do they? Compare the price drops on the Steam stuff to that and it's laughable.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aww I was hoping that Asura's Wrath DLC would be on sale.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

they have been doing this all month, there's a banner running along most video game sites even giant bomb. I personally Picked up FF14 for 10 bucks just two weeks ago.

You're thinking of the weekly sales. This is a different weekend sale.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xyzygy

Man. I wish I had a bigger card than just 8GB. But hey it came with the Vita so I can't complain.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd get Arkham Origins if it wasn't 30 bucks.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By SMTDante89

If you have a Vita and have yet to pick up Tearaway, I highly recommend that. I'd also pick up Into the Nexus if it wasn't already on my Christmas list.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gabha said:
    No Caption Provided

Funny, Sony.

Got this too. Must be a US only thang.

They still really don't know how to do a sale do they? Compare the price drops on the Steam stuff to that and it's laughable.

And yeah this but its the same for Xbox, a 'sale' is when a game is reduced to £15. Something I could get online from Amazon/Zavvi for the same price as a physical disc.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I paid $30 for Tearaway and regret not paying full price, and this is coming from someone who see something on sale on steam for $5 and thinks eh maybe it'll go down to $4. Tearaway is extremely charming and while simple has an amazing design and will be high up on my goty list. I really wish more people will try it so hopefully this sale will help out.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@razielcuts said:

@gabha said:
    No Caption Provided

Funny, Sony.

Got this too. Must be a US only thang.

No I got it too, and in Swedish to boot! Weird.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'd say 18 bucks for Tearaway, which just came out, is a pretty legit sale.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heyguys said:

@crusader8463 said:

Well I'd say 18 bucks for Tearaway, which just came out, is a pretty legit sale.

That one game seems like it has a good deal, but everything else is just like a few dollars off. Compare that to Steam sales where games are like 75%+ of their regular price it's laughable. And it's not just Steam. Other digital stores on PC have just as good deals too but console stores are always super stingy on those and they never feel like a sale. They expect you to get excited because you save $2. Whoop de do! Though to be fair, it's not as terrible as amazon. I have lost count the number of times I have checked their deals section and their great amazing deal is that they dropped a game from $49.99 to $49.98.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spraynardtatum

That's not a very good sale. Tearaway is a good price but everything else...nothing grabs me as being impressive.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I jumped on Tearaway for $18, but nothing else really catches my interest. Decent deal for XCOM: Enemy Within (which is fan-fucking-tastic, by the way), but i already have it on 360.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I like that this thread is already about how terrible the sale is rather than the great games people are able to purchase for a lesser price. Throw away your PCs people, buy a 2008 iMac and live in my world!

I'm intrigued by Origins as the story looked very promising and, well, I never played Asylum so more Batman doesn't sound like a death sentence to me. Also, like a lot of people I haven't played a Ratchet game since Going Commando, so at $15 that looks cool also. I've never beaten a game of XCOM even on Easy so I'm not sure about making it more complicated, but at the same time it'd be neat to have new stuff. Oh the woes of a gamer who never buys anything...

(and probably won't this time, either, because all my bills come due at the end of the month...)

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Tearaway and Ratchet and Clank are pretty damn good deals!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heyguys said:

@crusader8463 said:

That one game seems like it has a good deal, but everything else is just like a few dollars off. Compare that to Steam sales where games are like 75%+ of their regular price it's laughable. And it's not just Steam. Other digital stores on PC have just as good deals too but console stores are always super stingy on those and they never feel like a sale. They expect you to get excited because you save $2. Whoop de do! Though to be fair, it's not as terrible as amazon. I have lost count the number of times I have checked their deals section and their great amazing deal is that they dropped a game from $49.99 to $49.98.

For starters, all of these releases are less than 2 months old. Not many of the Steam sale games are, and the few that are aren't 75% off. Looking at the Steam sale I see Arkham Origins was 50% off for a day, now it's only 25% off. On this PSN sale it's 50% off all weekend. In the other PSN sale this week Guacamelee is $3.75. On the Steam sale it was $3.75. In the earlier sales this month I got Tomb Raider for $13 and Ni No Kuni for $10. Tomb Raider is on sale on Steam for $25.

To say that Sony doesn't know how to do a sale is bullshit.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Seppli

@mosespippy said:

@crusader8463 said:

@heyguys said:

@crusader8463 said:

For starters, all of these releases are less than 2 months old. Not many of the Steam sale games are, and the few that are aren't 75% off. Looking at the Steam sale I see Arkham Origins was 50% off for a day, now it's only 25% off. On this PSN sale it's 50% off all weekend. In the other PSN sale this week Guacamelee is $3.75. On the Steam sale it was $3.75. In the earlier sales this month I got Tomb Raider for $13 and Ni No Kuni for $10. Tomb Raider is on sale on Steam for $25.

PSN Sales have been fantastic. Anybody who says otherwise doesn't pay attention. For example, you can get AC4: Black Flag for under 30$ in today's European flash sale for PS3. That thing is eligible for the PS4 upgrade deal, essentially they're selling the PS4 version for just under 40$. For local prices that's just about 50% off a game that isn't two months old.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@seppli said:

@mosespippy said:

@crusader8463 said:

@heyguys said:

@crusader8463 said:

PSN Sales have been fantastic. Anybody who says otherwise doesn't pay attention. For example, you can get AC4: Black Flag for under 30$ in today's European flash sale for PS3. That thing is eligible for the PS4 upgrade deal, essentially they're selling the PS4 version for just under 40$. For local prices that's just about 50% off a game that isn't two months old.

I'll have to agree, and with PS+ discounts things get even better. I mean, I got Gunslinger for $3.75 at one point, Dyad for the same amount. Cheaper full games and solid free games on PS+. Honestly, this sort of thing is why I let me XBL subscription lapse and why I went all in on a PS4.

Just ignore Angry Birds.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@seppli said:

@mosespippy said:

@crusader8463 said:

@heyguys said:

@crusader8463 said:

The PSN Sales, combined with PS+ have been nothing short of fantastic, I agree. With the two combined the savings really do revival Steam Sales. No I'm not intoxicated.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Wait, if this is a Flash sale, where's Divekick?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also - PSN has sales up every day all year. Usually changing every two weeks or so.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Pfff, some flash sale. Divekick isn't even listed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.