Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Fighting Games on the Vita

Suoritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Suoritus

Hi all, after watching the Evo 2012 stream for a bit, I started wondering if I should take a proper look at fighting games. For a noob, is the Vita a good-enough platform to get in to these games control-wise and also if the online matchups work fluently? ie. do you get beaten into frustration by players with arcade sticks and tellys when you go online and is going online a painful experience technically? Do the matchups work over 3g?

Also what game would you recommend? BlazBlue seems nice as does UMvC, but I dunno about these really.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By TechHits

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't play vita versions of games against ps3 versions. So as far as control options go it should be an even playing field.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

Play fighting games on a console, it's a much better experience.@Suoritus said:

Do the matchups work over 3g?

The Vita doesn't use 3G for multiplayer.

Suoritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Suoritus

OK, but that seems like an immense pity, with empty lobbies galore.

I actually don't have a PS3, just a vita (&PC). Anyway, if thats the case (and I thought some games worker over 3g), the 3g modem is woefully underutilized. Anyway, thanks guys for the replies.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

@Suoritus: If you have a solid PC, then get SSF4:AE on there then. It's a solid version of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.