Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation VR

Accessory »

PlayStation VR, formerly known as Project Morpheus, is a virtual reality headset developed by Sony for the PlayStation 4.

PSVR games for people withl low motion sickness tolerance?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I have PSVR and I am prone to get sick pretty fast, if there is too much movement. I loved games like Moss, Trover saves the universe or Statik, where you are stationed firmly in a position in every scene. I was able to go through Blood and Truth but I had to have my fan anchoring me in my body and I had to take breaks every hour or so, even with all the “comfort” options turned on. The VR Worlds level where you man the mech, jumping through an asteroid field was an instant “get this thing off my head” moment for me. I don’t think my tolerance will get any better than this, at least not on this 1st gen-ish hardware, maybe better screens and tracking will help, but I am not planning to invest in new hardware anytime soon.

So, are there more games like those I mentioned above, that are worth playing and won’t make me hurl? I was trying to search for sites that would rate games by their “comfort” levels but I haven’t found any, but surely there must be some? Any advice would be appriciated!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Maybe Tetris Effect. The only motion is stuff coming towards the screen (like flying windmills) and when you complete a level there’s a bunch of particles that explode out. But you yourself don’t move and only have to look around to see the space whales. Gameplay wise you only have to look at the board to play Tetris.

I’ve shown people who have never done any VR stuff Tetris Effect and they were all fine for what’s that worth.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would recommend Beat Saber. You are standing in place on a platform within the game so very limited movement. Also one of ththe best VR games period imo.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you, those are good ones.

To add to the list myself, in case somebody else opens this thread searching for similar stuff: Super Hyper Cube and Tumble VR are both fantastic and gave me no nausea whatsoever. Also SuperHot VR, it’s the best.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.