Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Black/White

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 06, 2011

Pokémon Black and White are the fifth generation of Pokémon games for the Nintendo DS. Both introduce several new game play innovations to the series including a more complex battle system, fully-animated 3D models and environments, extensive online integration, and a refresh of the entire selection of Pokémon.

Haven't been in since Gold/Silver, is it time to come back?

mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mattbosten

As the topic title states; haven't played a Pokémon game since Gold but whilst I was playing it I absolutely loved it. Seeing all the coverage has got me kind of interested in coming back.  So has anyone had a similar experience to me has already dipped their toes into Black/White? What are the major changes since Gold (I'm assuming there are many by now)? 

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I too have not played Pokemon since gold/silver. I am really enjoying my time with White. The gameplay and structure are largely the same.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

I got back into it with SoulSilver after I played Silver years ago.

Eh, I think I'm done with pokemon for a good long while.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

Largely the same, but still as fun as ever. Seems like a good time to come back in though. Locking it to only the new 150 Pokemon was a smart decision.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Romination
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " Largely the same, but still as fun as ever. Seems like a good time to come back in though. Locking it to only the new 150 Pokemon was a smart decision. "
    Yeah, it can get new people in or people who haven't played one in a while. 

I'm hooked on White, it's been over 50 hours since Monday that I've played. I suggest coming back.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aus_azn
    @LiquidPrince said:
    "Locking it to only the new 150 Pokemon was a smart decision. "
    This is what is keeping me from buying the game. My local wahmbulance is saying that the new Pokemon are horrendously lackluster and moderately idiotic as compared with the Gen3 ones. Gen4 didn't yield many good ones either.

I will probably pick it up just for the story when Cheapassgamer lists it for less than $25.
    ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By ThaMilkMan
    @Aus_azn: honestly I only thought gen 3 had....at the MAX 25 good designs. I would venture to say this game has at LEAST double that. They really aren't that bad in comparison to gen 3 or 4 for that matter really, and it felt fairly refreshing not knowing the next thing you'd see. Kind of reminded me of the Red/Blue days, just excited to see the next thing, no matter how "ugly" it was...I'm talking to you patrat!
    moofey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By moofey
    @Romination said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " Largely the same, but still as fun as ever. Seems like a good time to come back in though. Locking it to only the new 150 Pokemon was a smart decision. "
    Yeah, it can get new people in or people who haven't played one in a while.  I'm hooked on White, it's been over 50 hours since Monday that I've played. I suggest coming back. "
    +1 to that. It takes away a lot of the stress and confusion for new players though it also sacrifices familiar territory for the vets, but even still it's not much different than when starting out in a new generation. 

Though, I've been finding my brain can't take much more pokemon. :(  Still, go for it. The game hasn't changed much but you're bound to like something in this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.