Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

After beating the game are you bored of Pokemon?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

I beat the game a month ago and haven't picked it up since. I'm not saying I regret buying the game, I loved every minute of it, but I can see why this is my first pokemon game since the original Gold and Silver. Sure you can battle online and catch them all, what is there like 500 lol, but I was done after beating red and the gym leader rematches. Anyone in the same boat?

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ragdrazi

I'm constantly amazed that there are people who are not yet done with Pokemon.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

Once I do everything (main quest, side stuff, etc.), I try complete the region specific Pokedex.  Since they are some many Pokemon now, I will never complete the National Dex.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

The process of finding all Pokemon in the game is too convoluted, and there's still no easy way to mass-transfer the ones you've already caught across games. It makes me grow bored of the game pretty quickly once I'm done with the main quest.

Right now I'm just hooked on unlocking everything on the Pokewalker, so I've been carrying the thing around with me wherever I go since I got the game.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

As long as I have a nickname I want to give to a pokemon, I'll still have the urge to play the game.  I have about 3 boxes full of pokemon that are eventually going to get trained just because I thought of a good name for them.  And about 3 more boxes that I am working on names for.  It's terrible.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By dbz1995
    @Ragdrazi said:
    " I'm constantly amazed that there are people who are not yet done with Pokemon. "
    I'm more amazed there are people who are done with Pokemon.
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By sixghost

I got bored of the regular handheld games back when I was 12. I'll play the modded ROMs once every couple years, like Emerald386, which is just the Emerald version modded so it's a fucking ton harder and you can catch all 386 of the pokemon without having to transfer any in. Also, playing those games on anything but an emulator is a fucking pain. You couldn't pay me to play through one of those games without the Fast Forward button you can use on an emulator.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

When I was younger my friends played it, so it was cool to play after we had finished it. If I was playing by myself I would have no motivation.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MKHavoc

Pearl was the last Pokemeon game I played through to the end.  I didn't even make it past the half way point in Platinum.  Maybe I'll be able to get back into them if I skip the next few generations.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @dbz1995 said:
    " @Ragdrazi said:
    " I'm constantly amazed that there are people who are not yet done with Pokemon. "
    I'm more amazed there are people who are done with Pokemon. "
    I know. A Japanese children's game that wasn't very good, without even the slightest trace of an overarching plot or memorable characters. Who'd ever want to be done with that? Anime cockfighting now. Anime cockfighting 4 Eva'.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArchScabby

I was bored of pokemon after my brother bough pokemon yellow on the gameboy.

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Clinkz
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " I beat the game a month ago and haven't picked it up since. I'm not saying I regret buying the game, I loved every minute of it, but I can see why this is my first pokemon game since the original Gold and Silver. Sure you can battle online and catch them all, what is there like 500 lol, but I was done after beating red and the gym leader rematches. Anyone in the same boat? "
    Yes I am bored. Yes I am mad I bought it. I might pick it up soon though I've been busy.
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By bwooduhs

I completed the national dex...

Maxynator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maxynator

Hey  Re_Player92, I'm real happy for you and imma let you finish, but you cant beat The Game.

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By hexogen

I got bored of it halfway through the Kanto portion of the game. I had already played through Kanto in Blue, Yellow, and FireRed, so playing through it a fourth time didn't excite me. That said, I thought Diamond/Pearl were the best games in the series since the original generation, so I'm hoping they'll continue that trend with Black/White.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aad21fd3cb7d
    deactivated-5aad21fd3cb7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still play it almost everyday! Battle Frontier is where I spend most of my time, taking breaks with Pokethelon. Battle Frontier is the most fun I have had in a pokemon game. I like downloading other people's teams and keep trying to beat them. If I suspect a team of cheating and I can't win (shiny starters and legends, not just 1, but all 3!), I just download a new room. I play mp sometimes, but most of the time its all single player.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Brendan

Every time I hear about a new Pokemon game, I have a kneejerk reaction of, "Oh man, I should get another Pokemon game!"  Then I see some gameplay, and I'm like "Ohhh yeah, it's been 12 years hasn't it."
    zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zonerover

Acknowledging that I have 'checked out' some of the later Pokemon games from friends, I haven't played a real Pokemon game since the original Gold. I know the gameplay is pretty much timeless, but there's only so much of it that I personally can take.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#19  Edited By AgentJ

Not this particular version no. will I be buying another version of pokemon (black and white)? Maybe not. But Gold and SIlver are so close to perfect I may never need another pokemon game. 

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By tutuboy95

Other games came up, and I played them after exploring the full facets of what HeartGold had to offer. 
    Will I ever truly give up Pokemon? Never. In fact, I'm gonna go back and train up a team on HeartGold. After all, as a Pokemaniac, I am always looking for new people to battle and meet. HG/SS was a good move on Nintendo's part, and I loved it, but it was quick fanservice, is all.
    jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jinxman
    @Ragdrazi said:
    " @dbz1995 said:
    " @Ragdrazi said:
    I'm more amazed there are people who are done with Pokemon. "
    I know. A Japanese children's game that wasn't very good, without even the slightest trace of an overarching plot or memorable characters. Who'd ever want to be done with that? Anime cockfighting now. Anime cockfighting 4 Eva'. "
    Oh no you di int.  It's much more than a children's game, and even if they haven't significantly messed with the basic formula since the beginning, the pokemon games continue to get better and better and are still extremely addicting.  The battle system is incredibly deep and complex, and it has a very nice "easy to learn, hard to master" thing going on.  Beyond battling, it's really satisfying to catch new pokemon and since there's like 500 of them now, you have a lot to do even after you beat the main game.  Gotta catch em all bitch.
    jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jinxman
    @bwooduhs said:
    " I completed the national dex... "
    Without hacking?
    FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By FacelessVixen

Back then, I beat the game, and play it again with a different starter almost right away. Now a days, I still do the same thing, but the process is much slower.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Example1013

I've never beaten a pokemon game, and I probably never will.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.