Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

"i consider the first 151 pokemon the only real pokemon."

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By pakx

If you have ever said anything to this effect, and I know you're out there, you're a moron, and I’m going to explain why.

Every time Pokémon comes up, be it at a video game store, or among friends, or on a forum, there is invariably someone who spouts the old "151 OG!" line, and it's time it stopped.

To you people out there who say things as stupid as this, I begin with a question: Why? Did Pokémon sell out with Chikorita? Is that where it went all corporate and started touring with poser bands?  Lost its soul? Seriously. what? 

oh wait no, i know the argument. "They ran out of ideas after the 151! there are so many lame filler pokemon in the new generations!" 

let me tell you something about your precious original 151: Tauros. Eggsecute. Egsecutor. Clefable. Spearow. Fearow. Farfetch'd. Voltorb. Electrode. Jinx. Paras. Parasect. That’s just  11 Pokémon of some of the fucking stupidest, most ill-conceived, laziest creations to come out of the franchise, and they're in the 151. If you think Satoshi ran out of ideas AFTER the original series monsters, you're a pillock. Every generation has had some utterly dinky Pokémon, but every generation also has some seriously badass stuff, Gen 2 introduced Donphan, Feraligatr and Tyranitaur. in Gen 3 we got the infamous Mudkip, Sceptile, Agron, and motherfucking Exploud! the current generation (4) has brought Infernape, Garchomp, and my personal favorite pokemon, Luxray into the pantheon of badass pocket monsters. 

If you don't actually like Pokémon, but you know it's trendy and you want to seem nerd-cool by saying things like "I still play my copy of Red on my gameboy!" then you deserve to have your dick ripped off by a Slakoth. There are perfectly good remakes of the original gameboy games available on the GBA. They’re better in every way, most notably the fact that half the sprites in the game don’t look like someone belched a stomach full of pixels onto a gameboy screen and called it Kangaskhan. The only reason someone reasonable would subject themselves to the original titles at this point, would be if they were too poor to afford any of the newer versions. If that's the case, you have my pity, but take your food stamps and shut the fuck up, because nobody cares what your broke ass thinks about the merits of Hoppip.

In summation, shut your stupid mouths. If somebody is talking about Pokémon, do not butt in with your obnoxious preaching of the evils that befall the children of Ampharos. We don't care. You are no better than the scenester scum who wear G.I Joe t-shirts that go perfectly with their thick rimmed glasses and complain about their lack of ReTweets, and like them, should die of some horrid disease and bother the rest of the world no more. 

If you, in your heart of hearts, are truly of the mind that the first 151 Pokémon are the best and only Pokémon, then you still need to shut your fucking mouth, because nobody cares what you think. You’ve decided to not move on with the direction this franchise has taken, and that's your choice. Deal with the consequences of that: namely having to shut up.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

Cool story bro.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By animateria

Ignorance is Bliss.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @pakx: 
    Rant much? You're awfully passionate about this... and I can't understand why.
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Yukoei

Are you...raging about Pokemon? 

*Slowly backs away*

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jadeskye

No Caption Provided
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Ryax

i consider the first 151 pokemon the only real pokemon    

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By thatfrood

When I say things to the effect of "I consider the first 151 the only real pokemon", it's half-irony and half-nostalgia. The original 151 are what define pokemon for me, not the stuff that came after.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By the8bitNacho
    @Ryax said:
    "  i consider the first 151 pokemon the only real pokemon     "
    This.  
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike

Calling people morons and stupid before they even get a chance to reply is a sure-fire way to get your thread locked. Try again, next time try to be a little nicer and create a thread that isn't setting itself up to be flame bait from the very beginning.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.