Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Training Spots

ry0wn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ry0wn

So I've beaten all 16 gyms, as well as the Elite 4 and the upgraded Elite 4. Without going to Red and beating maybe 3 of his pokemon each battle, where is a good place to train? I'm not talking about my level 70s, but more along the line of my level 40s. I usually train with whatever's available in Kanto, but when that's juiced and nobody wants a rematch, it can get kind of tough beating the same wild pokemon over and over for the same measly experience. 

tl;dr: Where do you train your medium level pokemon after you've beaten all the major obstacles in the game?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Afroman269

Keep spamming the Elite Four. Have a high level pokemon to help out too.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ
    @Afroman269 said:
    " Keep spamming the Elite Four. Have a high level pokemon to help out too. "
    My current situation is that I've got a team of 6 50-57 level pokemon, and am ready to fight the elite four a second time. Putting them up against the four at this point is pointless, because they only last two or three fights, only gaining about half a level in those fights. I'd have to do it about 20 times for it to be worth anything, and that would be extremely time consuming. Is there an easier way that I'm just forgetting? Like that battle frontier in the previous gen?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
    deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Battle frontier doesn't gain you any experience.

Either go with Elite Four (20 times is hyperbole and they'll have higher levels this time around anyway I think) or the fighting dojo in Saffron once you've gotten the phonenumbers of the gymleaders. Otherwise you're at that point in Pokemon games where grinding just takes time I think, no real way around it.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ
    @Kowbrainz said:
    " Battle frontier doesn't gain you any experience.  Either go with Elite Four (20 times is hyperbole and they'll have higher levels this time around anyway I think) or the fighting dojo in Saffron once you've gotten the phonenumbers of the gymleaders. Otherwise you're at that point in Pokemon games where grinding just takes time I think, no real way around it. "
    It was with the higher levels that I fought them at, so no, 20 attempts isn't hyperbole. If I leveled up 3 of them (each originally at level 50) one time during my first attempt, which consisted of Will and Koga, and the effect of the experience continues to drop as they level up, 20 may be conservative. Thanks for bringing up the dojo in Saffron though. I've already got Brock's number so I'll have to gradually fetch the rest. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.