Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Elements of Cookie Clicker in this game.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I got the game in the mail early today and noticed the super trainer thing in the very early game.

While you are exploring on the top screen you can have the super trainer on the bottom. You gets to choose between different punching bags for your Pokemon and will punch it once every 10 seconds, but it will also punch the screen if you tap the bottom screen. Punching will improve the stats for the pokemon depending on the punching bag.

The first thing I thought of was the cookie clicker web game. And that mindless tapping for training your Pokemon during downtime is a smart idea.

Vessel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hear it can be used to max your EVs in around 20 minutes, a welcome change if you ask me.

marmalade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No more monotonous battling of a specific wild pokemon over and over? I can definitely live with monotonous tapping for a couple minutes.

Are these punching bag mini games affected by pokerus and the power items?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten

Elements of.. oh god what's that super old game called where this was a thing as well?
    Still, Cookie Clicker was a weird one to jump to there anyways but hey, it works out great for the game.
    Now I can do what I need to do by tapping a pokémon once in a blue moon.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By Forcen

@marmalade: It will raise stats, not collect XP so.. I'm scratching the surface here.

It also seems that if you train a bunch with the Strength bag for example, and you want to train another bag those effects will be gone. Also the bags description mention something called "Code Training" that will take more or less time depending on the bag. Maybe i shouldn't switch until that core thing is done.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

We rise

If it simplifies the EV training bits I'm all for it.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By alanm26v5

I'm pretty much a Pokemon newbie and never got into EV training before, but I'm messing around with it this mode a bit. All I can say so far is it's not very left hander friendly.

Edit: I tried it again with the stylus in my right hand and learned the controls well enough to get medals on all the level 3 stages, but not consistently. I never quite understood EV training and it sounded monotonous, but this might open it up to me somewhat.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oh I thought you were talking about the farm. Plant berries to get more berries which you can use to grow berries! (Have not figured out what these are actually for yet).

I love that they made Ev training so much quicker. I never did it because it took so long in White, Gen 4 wasn't so bad because I'd already collected a bunch of items to make it easier on myself, but you couldn't transfer items. This time I maxed out my Braixen's Special Attack, and Speed EV's between rounds of Tekken Tag with my friends. Took like 30 or 40 minutes.

TowerSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humm, I thought the most important element of cookie clicker was the way you get upgrades to increase output by orders of magnitude? "Click button to increment variable" is a mechanic thats been around for awhile. Also, it's weird to say Pokemon has elements of cookie clicker in it when I this game probably had this in it's development long before cookie clicker existed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.