Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Pokemon Gen. 6 begins - Pokemon X and Pokemon Y just announced.

• 156 results
    Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#101  Edited By Hunter5024

@ArbitraryWater said:

All I can tell you people is that if the fire starter evolves into a fire/fighting type for the 4th generation in a row, I'm out.

My exact thoughts. I love me some Fighting pokemon, I love me some Fire pokemon, but damn it, they got it right the first time. I hope that Frog thing turns into a Fighting type.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I thrashed Pokemon Blue\Red back in the day, butyet have never wanted to buy another one. I don't know how Nintendo haven't made a big budget open world Pokemon for home consoles yet...

I would actually buy a Wii U for it, cell shaded graphics, a online mode which is just a certain gym in the world where you battle others around your pokemon rank, including knock out tournaments.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By psylah

THERE ARE ONLY 151 POKEMON.

THERE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ONLY 151 POKEMON.

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE ONLY...

Oh shit this looks pretty great...

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#104  Edited By Genkkaku

@ManMadeGod said:

@Genkkaku said:

I think it's about time they made the jump to 3D, and this might be the game to make me buy a 3DS (well this and definitely Pushmo/Crashmo and a few others).. But I'm kinda disappointed that's theres not more to the combat, the animation looks neat but now that there 3D it's a complete waste to have them stand on these invisible platforms and not interact..

Otherwise I'm finally back into Pokemon.. first time since Gold/Silver

The combat looks like pokemon stadium. 3D models that perform moves but don't interact. Unless they create a massive amount of animations for the pokemon battles, repetition would become a problem. Animating 500+ pokemon and having unique battle moves for when they interact (froakie vs fennekin has to look different than fennekin vs chespin) seems almost impossible.

I don't mean specifically different animations for X vs. Y then X vs. Z then Y vs. Z, just at least some movement, some feel of actual fighting, it'd be neat if the combat was more substantial, more to it..

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By MetalGearSunny

3D Pokemon looks cool, the designs of the new Pokemon, not so much.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#106  Edited By musubi

Its always entirely weirded me out that they have never made a proper pokemon game on a home console. I mean think of how many WiiU's they would sell.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#107  Edited By WightnNerdy

Dude, yes. I'm really excited for this.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#108  Edited By galiant

It looks awesome, BUT:

- They should have done this years ago, it's not like the technology didn't exist

- Why handheld again? Where's the console version?

I might be into this despite my complaints. Time will tell.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By pyrodactyl

Just going to throw this out there:

fuck you nintendo and your old crap. You might think you're cute, clever or that you're bringing your A game with all this games I already played YEARS AGO. You're really, really not. Until you pump all of that jucy Wii money into great ambitious games for a console, I'll enjoy watching you burn in hell with all of your unsold WiiUs.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#110  Edited By Hailinel
    @Galiant This game wouldn't look nearly as good on the original DS. Also, Pokemon is a handheld franchise first and foremost. That's where its audience has always been.
    Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Ducksworth

@GunslingerPanda said:

I hope the X/Y title is indicative of a deep, philosophical storyline regarding chromosomes, genetic manipulation, and gender identity.

Don't be fucking stupid, brain.

Well the jokes on you cause there's a picture of a DNA strand looking thing in the games logo.

No Caption Provided
    xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Maybe they'll make EV training possible for those who can't spend their life doing it

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113  Edited By evanbower

@AngelN7 said:

So the Pokemon are still sprites?... that's not 3D! and nobody is gonna pick up Y when there's a game called Pokemon X.

I... don't think you know what sprites are.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#114  Edited By granderojo

All this stuff looks really cool and all, but all I could think was...man these are a lot of animations they're adding, I really hope it doesn't make the battle system any slower than it is now.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Hunter5024

Apparently this game is set in France or something. If you look closely at the trailer you can see Pikachu's announcement comes from there and the architecture in the game is reminiscent of that country, with a building that looks kind of like a white Eiffel Tower in the background at some point. I want a bunch of smug cyclists, with thin mustaches, who use Mr Mimes. Stereotypes!

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By AthleticShark

@Genkkaku said:

I think it's about time they made the jump to 3D, and this might be the game to make me buy a 3DS (well this and definitely Pushmo/Crashmo and a few others).. But I'm kinda disappointed that's theres not more to the combat, the animation looks neat but now that there 3D it's a complete waste to have them stand on these invisible platforms and not interact..

Harvest Moon A new Beginning is a good enough reason to buy one to.

Great game. I regretted my 3DS purchase until I got that game.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

would it be worth it to go back and black and white 1/2 or should i just wait for this one?

shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By shinobishyguy

@pyrodactyl said:

Just going to throw this out there:fuck you nintendo and your old crap. You might think you're cute, clever or that you're bringing your A game with all this games I already played YEARS AGO. You're really, really not. Until you pump all of that jucy Wii money into great ambitious games for a console, I'll enjoy watching you burn in hell with all of your unsold WiiUs.

The sheer butthurt in this post is palpable.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#119  Edited By Dixavd

3D Sprites for pokémon - hell yeah! Possibility of continued shitty voices for the pokémon, a little disheartening (it wasn't completely clear - Pikachu having a good voice while the pokémon attacking seemed to make the same sounding voices as the previous games).

But this is great. As far as I'm concerned, more Pokémon is always a good thing (And this may be to do with me not playing one since Diamond until now, but I was given Black V2 for Christmas and am loving it - especially how much quicker the menus are, and the game is in general of just getting to the point).

Still want to see a big title on the WiiU, but this is still great. (And I'm not going to read the rest of this thread; this is just one of those series where I just like every consecutive game despite some flaws and how it can stagnate - ultimately though, I am always happy for more Pokémon).

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Dixavd

@connerthekewlkid: As someone who skipped Platinum, HG/SS (although I did play the original S/G), and B/W - I have to say that B2/W2 (I'm specifically playing B2) is fantastic. I love how it has the small technical increases that the series has made in this time (although this 3DS one seems to be a bigger leap up) - I really like how streamlined it is (almost all the information you need is told to you in some form or another in-game, since they know you'll just look it up anyway, for instance).

But I especially like how it is set up with the ability to catch pokémon of every generation right from the start - without having to beat the elite 4 an dget the national dex first.

I know that the story is much better in the original B/W (And they tie in quite well) - but that doesn't make going straight into B2/W2 confusing or anything - in fact some parts are made more interesting without the information they are alluding to.

I would definitely recommend getting B2/W2.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By myniceicelife

it looks really nice and i'll most likely play them...still wish it would have been an MMO, but it is Nintendo so that'll never happen anyways.

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Seesic

I'm excited for the 3d, so far the 3ds pokedex app has shown off the 3d models really well.

I think the games look like they'll be good and I like the fire starter a lot, I always pick fire but the last few I didn't really like the look of.

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#123  Edited By Herk

This looks great but I don't feel like buying a 3DS... Maybe that upcoming Atlus game will turn me around and make me get both

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Looks excellent. Last 3DS game I got was Mario 3D Land for Christmas back in 2011, so I'm pretty stoked I have a reason to dust it off.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Ducksworth said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

I hope the X/Y title is indicative of a deep, philosophical storyline regarding chromosomes, genetic manipulation, and gender identity.

Well the jokes on you cause there's a picture of a DNA strand looking thing in the games logo.

No Caption Provided

:O

Good job, brain!

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @pyrodactyl

Just going to throw this out there:

fuck you nintendo and your old crap. You might think you're cute, clever or that you're bringing your A game with all this games I already played YEARS AGO. You're really, really not. Until you pump all of that jucy Wii money into great ambitious games for a console, I'll enjoy watching you burn in hell with all of your unsold WiiUs.

Satoru Iwata burned your house down didn't he?
    SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By SadPatrol

@xMEGADETHxSLY said:

POKEmon GOld was the last pokemon i played hence that was its peak

How would you even know? Since you never played the other ones.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#128  Edited By JJOR64

Remember reading somewhere that X and Y could stand for the X and Y axis and the foreseeable Pokemon Z game for the Z axis stating that the Pokemon games are finally getting their 3D treatment. The gene thing could be understandable as well.

Either way, I want this games now. This is going to be a great year for the 3DS.

Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Dynablade

@MariachiMacabre: Not only that but he also urinated on his parent's grave, punched his sister, and assaulted him with various fruits that he has displayed in various past Nintendo Directs.

My honest opinion is I like the look of Pokemon X & Y and very much look forward to it October. It will be the first Pokemon game since Red/Blue that the roster won't be spoiled for me.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By MistaSparkle

@Ryuku_Ryosake said:

@MistaSparkle said:

Fennekin and Froakie are gonna be pretty dope. The other one looks too similar to Oshawott.

Well to be fair Fennekin is just a fire version of Zorua and we already have a fire fox. The frog seems alright though but I'm slightly disappointed it starts as a frog instead of a tadpole but we already have polywag and tympole for that.

But you never really got to see Zorua as itself due to it's trait that makes it look like other pokemon, so I'm still pretty excited for Fennekin!

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#131  Edited By Lava

Looks pretty awesome to me. Glad to see an improvement on visuals, especially the battles. They have slowly been... evolving, to be better and better. I really liked Black/White so here's hoping this one is great too! I'm also hoping for them to announce a redesign of the standard 3DS at E3 this year so I'll finally pick one up. I don't want an XL and the regular one just looks a little funky to me.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#132  Edited By AngelN7

@evanbower said:

@AngelN7 said:

So the Pokemon are still sprites?... that's not 3D! and nobody is gonna pick up Y when there's a game called Pokemon X.

Spirtes

No Caption Provided

Pokeman Spirtes... I'm sick of them.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133  Edited By JJOR64

Here is some more info from GoNintendo.

- In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. - The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.

- People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.”

- The game will utilize the 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation

- game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world

- bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure

- Everyone will enjoy the game’s scenario and music.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I think Pokemon needs some sort of compelling story to make me interested in it again. What if Pokemon followed a similar plot to the movie "Rise of the Apes"a film I watched recently where Pikachu gets injected with some sort of new drug that makes him super smart and leads to a super revolt of pokemon against the humans of this world. With this new storyline, what if the pokemon started utilizing pokeballs against humans and well throughout the game not only do you have to catch these terrorist (revolutionist) pokemon but you also have to avoid being caught in a pokeball as well or its game over. A half rpgish, half rogue like type game.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Pessh

Pretty excited, kinda worried we won't get everything from past gens though.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Hunter5024

@JJOR64 said:

- In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. - The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.

- People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.”

- The game will utilize the 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation

- game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world

- bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure

I like how several of the listed features are assumptions. "Everyone will enjoy the game's scenario and music"

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Hunter5024

@JJOR64 said:

I like how several of the listed features are assumptions. "Everyone will enjoy the game's scenario and music"

The most awesome bad Japanese translation. Super excited for this game. I don't know how they do it but Nintendo always squeezes my nostalgia gland (gooood image right?)
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Better finally have a fucking dolphin pokemon, like goddammit.

@AngelN7: Well those are fan-made sprites, but okay.

@I_Stay_Puft said:

I think Pokemon needs some sort of compelling story to make me interested in it again. What if Pokemon followed a similar plot to the movie "Rise of the Apes"a film I watched recently where Pikachu gets injected with some sort of new drug that makes him super smart and leads to a super revolt of pokemon against the humans of this world. With this new storyline, what if the pokemon started utilizing pokeballs against humans and well throughout the game not only do you have to catch these terrorist (revolutionist) pokemon but you also have to avoid being caught in a pokeball as well or its game over. A half rpgish, half rogue like type game.

Well besides the insane mechanics you mentioned, this storyline exists in Pokemon Black & White with a human being trying to revolt against humanity in the name of pokemon, and wanting pokemon to be free of pokeballs and other aspects of the human-built pokemon society.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Genkkaku

@HellBound said:

@Genkkaku said:

Harvest Moon A new Beginning is a good enough reason to buy one to.

Great game. I regretted my 3DS purchase until I got that game.

I'll add that to my list, I have liked one or two Harvest Moon games in the past..

@Hunter5024 said:

@JJOR64 said:

That is by far my favorite as soon as I read it, like "Screw you guys, you are gong to play the game and love the story and the music. LOVE IT!"

M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By M_33

Finally, a reason for me to buy a 3DS!

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#141  Edited By bacongames

This news starts and stops with POKEMON MOTHER FUCKING X. I'll say it again, POKEMON X!

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @AngelN7

@evanbower said:

@AngelN7 said:

Spirtes

No Caption Provided

Pokeman Spirtes... I'm sick of them.

Those are fan-made sprites...and it's clear X & Y don't use sprites so I have no idea what you're getting at here.
    kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By kerse

I'm pretty excited.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#144  Edited By AndrewB

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Ducksworth said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

No Caption Provided

Good job, brain!

I guess we'll answer the question of how some Pokemon remain genderless, yet Pokemon of any species based on any type of animal or thing still lay eggs for reproduction. Also, Pokemon will now have gender identities displayed on the stats screen.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@AndrewB said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Ducksworth said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

No Caption Provided

Good job, brain!

I guess we'll answer the question of how some Pokemon remain genderless, yet Pokemon of any species based on any type of animal or thing still lay eggs for reproduction. Also, Pokemon will now have gender identities displayed on the stats screen.

I hope this also means we get gay Pokemon. I wanna make a cute Mr. Mime couple.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#146  Edited By galiant
    @Hailinel
    @Galiant This game wouldn't look nearly as good on the original DS. Also, Pokemon is a handheld franchise first and foremost. That's where its audience has always been.
    I never said DS. There's no reason for it to be on handhelds beyond selling more handhelds.

I also think you're wrong - I think it would sell more on consoles - at least outside of Japan...
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#147  Edited By jacksukeru

Now which version to get for the irony.

On the one hand, Pokemans X!

On the other, Pokemon why!?

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By WickedCobra03

If Nintendo can overhaul the 3Ds for better battery life, better buttons and a few other upgrades to a 3DS overhaul, I am all in since I am going to need this and Luigis Mansion.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @rockyhorrorgerri

I watched the press release, looks pretty awesome, considering investing in a 3DS now. But they want to incorporate more co-op and connection worldwide, does this mean that it may hold some functionality for becoming an MMO. Granted I play PokeMMO and I get my fill and it IS the internet, but still that would make this game perfect.

They mentioned it will use some sort of online thing to connect to other players but I didn't see anything more. I doubt it's MMO stuff. I doubt you'll see other players but even just being able more easily duel your friends would be great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.