Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon

Franchise »

The Pokémon franchise has spawned numerous titles and spin-offs, spanning several generations of games and has an animated series that spans many seasons.

Have you ever caught a Shiny Pokemon the legit way?

• 54 results
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Poll Have you ever caught a Shiny Pokemon the legit way? (123 votes)

Yes 57%
    No 43%

So lately I have been replaying Pokemon LeafGreen and been in the Pokemon mood. While thinking about what Pokemon I have caught over my games, I have never caught a Shiny Pokemon the legit way. So I created this poll to see if any fellow Bombers have caught one the legit way.

Shiny Gyarados, Event Pokemon, or Pokemon caught with cheating devices such as Action Replay don't count.

For those of you that don't know how to catch one, here is a video that scratches the basics of it.

• 
    retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

I caught a shiny Electrike. I was really disappointed when he evolved, because the shiny Manetric isn't as cool looking.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My time to shine! So long story short, ever since I decided to give Pokemon a real shot in college, I have caught at least 1 random Shiny in every Pokemon game I've beaten. My girlfriend absolutely cannot stand it because she's the opposite 😂 she just caught her first random Shiny last year, after playing for pretty much her whole life.

In order!

Aborted playthrough of Y: Shiny Abra, evolved into a Shiny Kadabra. Died when I got bored and deleted the save. She was not happy 🤣

Pokemon Pearl: Level 4 Shiny Zubat, found right outside the first cave of the game. Evolved all the way into Shiny Crobat, which saved my life in the 3rd gym after that Lucario tore right through my team.

Also Pearl: Level 38 Shiny Tentacruel, found in the water as I was level grinding for the Elite Four. Already had a Tentacruel I was bringing to the League, so it was never used. It did prompt her to call me and go on a rant when she found out though, so worth it! 😁

Pokemon Crystal: I have a theory that that Tentacruel was so desperate to be used that it followed me from Pearl to this game. Shiny Tentacool popped up, again when I was grinding for the Elite Four. Guess it de-evolved as a consequence of game-jumping. Despite the effort, I once again already had a team picked out so it again went unused. Poor thing 😅

Pokemon Y: So while I was playing what would become my completed save, my girlfriend decided to play through some old 3DS Pokemon games she had lying around (she used to buy both versions). One day she calls me up super excited! She had finally found and caught a random Shiny, a Murkrow she evolved into a Honchcrow. I congratulated her and listened to her basically bounce off the walls. Hung up with a smile on my face...

...and immediately burst into laughter when I stumbled upon a Shiny Ursaring about two hours later. In her own words: "You couldn't wait til tomorrow?! This was MY day to shine, Nick!!" 🤣🤣

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Only in Pokemon GO

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've played every main Pokemon game (plus some of the opposite versions and special versions like yellow, crystal, diamond, etc). I believe I have caught three shiny pokemon the whole time. One was Geodude, one was Oddish and one was Audino. I came across them purely at random and had no use for them other than, "Oooo, shiny!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.