Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Policenauts

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 29, 1994

Jonathan Ingram is still trying to get used to the world around him after an accident had left him adrift and frozen in space for 25 years. When his ex-wife calls upon him to help find her missing husband, he finds himself in the midst of a deadly conspiracy.

PSX version translated to English!!!

Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Vlaphor

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3190473

"Policenauts.net’s translation project team, including Something Awful’s very own slowbeef, have been working long and hard to produce a workable patch for the game containing an English translation. The English release, started in 2002, is set to be released 8/23/2009 at 12:00PM EDT. "

I've been following this for awhile, and since I've always wanted to play this game (but didn't understand much Japanese) this is big news.  There is more information on the site posted.

raddevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By raddevon

This would be fantastic. I would love a chance to play this game. Thank you for posting!

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Kiemoe

Sounds awesome

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By vidiot
    And here is the link from Kotaku.

This is phenomenal news, and my hat goes off to the fine fans that slaved away for this to finally happen.

From Kotaku: 

The fan-engineered English localization of Hideo Kojima's PSOne cult classic Policenauts is finally complete. The project's page today announced that the patch is live.

For those not in the loop - that includes me, fair warning - Policenauts was a sci-fi adventure game produced for 3DO, PlayStation, and the Sega Saturn back in 1996. While an English localization of the game was promised, and work began on it, it never was released. Kojima said developers were simply unable to synchronize English dialogue with the original cut-scenes.

Now, 13 years later, it finally arrives. The project took nearly two years, much of that trying to find a programmer to insert the translation into the code. Quoting from its wiki here, the project got a kickstart last year when a Something Awful member began experiments inserting text into the game. A year later, here we are.

The patch is 7.9 megs, and available through five different sources here.

The Policenauts Translation Project [site, thanks Donald B. Zorak, Joey M., Andrew H., Inu B. and others]

Get to it people. You have yet another game to play this month.
    Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Echo

Yesss!! I've been following this project for years. Finally great to see it released!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.