All Right...I'm Stumped

Avatar image for sometimesavowel
#1 Posted by sometimesavowel (174 posts) -

I'm in an underground cavern right after Wheatley goes mad. There's an upper and lower catwalk as well as a circling catwalk ascending into the ceiling. I tried everything, but I can't seem to fire a portal anywhere that will do me the least bit of good. I'm reluctant to receive the answer outright, but I will gladly accept a friendly hint. Also, I know I am 2 years late on this game. It's from my shame pile, sue me.

#2 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1422 posts) -

You have a screenshot or something?

#3 Edited by sometimesavowel (174 posts) -

Ah, I've decided to pack it in for the night...but it's in the area with the sign warning you not to lean on the railing, if that helps.

#4 Posted by NicksCorner (554 posts) -

Sorry, cant recall the section from memory.

When I used to get stuck I would brute forced most puzzles by just locating the "portal-able" surfaces.

#5 Edited by sometimesavowel (174 posts) -

Ok, um...how about this then: https://www.google.com/search?q=condemed+testing+area+portal+2&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#hl=en&q=condemned+testing+area+portal+2&spell=1

#6 Posted by WarlordPayne (823 posts) -

That sounds similar to a place I was stuck on. It turned out that there was a white portalable square off in the distance somewhere that I hadn't seen.

#7 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1422 posts) -
#8 Edited by BisonHero (11576 posts) -

Yeah, the underground part has a ton of what are essentially pixel hunts where you have to find the one surface in a cavernous area that is painted white (thus portalable). Usually it's somewhere nearby, but not always. I think the Cave Johnson dialogue is some of the funniest in the game, but I REALLY did not care for some of those big open areas that were either easy because you literally just make a portal to cross a giant space, or frustrating if you keep overlooking the one area you're meant to portal.

#9 Posted by sometimesavowel (174 posts) -

It's in the area immediately after that giant vault door that opens onto that comically tiny door.

#10 Posted by audioBusting (2558 posts) -

Look into the half-opened door next to the staircase.

#11 Posted by sometimesavowel (174 posts) -

Got it, thanks!

#12 Posted by Nodima (2602 posts) -

I had never played the original Portal and still CRUISED through the lab portions, but almost EVERY puzzle from this moment onward caused me GREAT inner sadness.

Avatar image for video_game_king
#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

I think I remember what you're talking about. I think I cheesed that section (IE I honestly can't remember what I did to get past that).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.