Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Potential Love Interest

Concept »

These are the characters who may or may not wind up in a relationship with the protagonist of the game. Sometimes the player gets to choose if this relationship will develop, while in other instances it is just left up to your imagination at the end of the game.

How 'potential'?

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By mrcellophane

Hey, I'm a little confused at this concept. What does 'potential' love interest mean in this regard? That the player actually gets to choose, or is it enough if it is 'hinted at' in a game?

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By rallier

Looking at the games listed this is for games in which you can choose to engage in a relation ship with one of the characters.

edit: just read the discription and article. As now this is set up as a concept for two different things.

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mrcellophane

So, it IS for both? I added Jayne Wilde from Second Sight, but I think that may be too vaguely indicated. How the heck do one measure that?

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By obscurefan
    @MrCellophane: Yeah, I created this originally with the intent of it being just for characters that the player gets to choose who they wind up with. But then I realized there was no concept for the "Will They Won't They" relationship, where it's just heavily hinted at. I thought about creating a second concept, but it was so similar to this one I just decided to keep it with this.

If someone wants to create a "Will They Won't They Relationship" concept then I'll go ahead and erase the people that fit into that category so they can be added to there, but until then this concept sort of fits both ideas.
    mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrcellophane

Hmm... Okay, but then how do we deal with games with a linear storyline? Like we know that (Final Fantasy X SPOILER)  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

. How do we tag those? There is no 'Definite love interest' concept (and that would be spoiling, anyway), and I've just been over at the Romance forum proposing that it shouldn't involve it either (too ambiguous). So maybe they should be here? If that's the case I'd be happy to help move stuff over from Romance to here.
    obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By obscurefan
    @MrCellophane: Well, I understand what you're saying, but romance is sort of like a larger forum that can contain numerous other concepts within it. Think of it this way, if you live in California then you're an American, but you're also a Californian. Now, you being a Californian doesn't remove the fact that you're an American. So that's how I think of these two concepts, Romance is like the large country, and Potential Love Interest, Love Triangle, Marriage, and other things are the states inside of it that make up that country. (It's an odd metaphor I know but it works) So I say you can leave the stuff on the Romance page, but still put them in here as long as they match both criteria. Like Yuna from FFX would go under romance because of her relationship with Tidus, but she wouldn't go here, simply because there was no question that those two were an item. This is still really only for either when you can choose the person you form a relationship (either by directly asking them or by taking the correct steps and making the right choices in the game) or it is never actually said in the game if your character and the PTI form a relationship but there's still plenty of flirting going on to hint at it. And where that distinction comes in, of whether or not it was left up to the gamer to decide if it was an obvious love interest or a questionable one, is really up to whoever makes the post on this page. You can always explain your decision and make your case for it by typing it out when you enter the character.
    mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrcellophane

Ok, thanks for the metaphor. It actually worked! I think I've got a better understanding of things now. I'm still a bit new, lol :)

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By obscurefan
    @MrCellophane: Haha, no problem. Glad I could help. And remember, if you put something in that you later decide doesn't work, then you can always take it out, so don't worry too much about it and just have fun. And welcome to GiantBomb ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.