Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 30, 2003

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is an action-adventure game with a heavy focus on platforming. The story revolves around the wry Prince, a time-altering dagger, and a kingdom beset by a plague-like evil.

First time playing very cool game

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Brians

I am playing POP: SOT for the first time and loving it. Playing against my expectations of being an impatient gamer I find the challenge in learning the combat system, movement system to be thrilling. When I am able to parse out a new strategy that will be of significant use for me during the game at the fifty percent game save state that is really interesting. What worries me about the movie among other things is the viewers passivity in just watching the screen. Part of the reason I really love playing this game now and don't mind the frustrations so much is when I figure out something that will help me its a very good feeling. But just watching someone else act like the prince with no motivation for you to involve your emotions makes me think this will continue the legacy of Games to Movies made poorly.

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Glad to hear you're enjoying Sands of Time, my favorite game. Protip: block and then counter-attack with the dagger to one-hit absorb some of the weaker enemies. Also, try lunge-attacking from a wall by using Jump then Attack against a wall. It's very intuitive in that what you press corresponds logically with what the Prince will perform.

As for the movie, Jordan Mechner has made a clear distinction between movie Prince and game Prince. He's helped write both characters, and hopefully the transition to screen won't be mess.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WickedFather

Charm.  This game will teach you what charm is.  Thing is it might make you realise how charmless and crap games you'd never noticed were lacklustre really are.  You've taken your first step into a larger world.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Brians
    @Mercanis: The creator of the franchise having a hand with the movie is encouraging.
    Montrealien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Montrealien

I played through the begining last night and I was pleasantly suprised, this is a really good game and the true sequel to the sands of time imho. Very good game and I hope it does not get overlooked since it is deserving of the favorable reviews it will get.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.