I'm talking about the most popular one. Google play.
The reviews are mostly for shits and giggles.
I've seen most of time customers/developers are pretty much assholes (including me) and I can see why.
First and foremost are games problems, which has:
-> Requires an Internet (No offline mode)
* Slows down performance (ads, updates, etc...)
* Doesn't save (cloud [Google], storage device, backup) or even corrupts save file
* Every single update (notifications, fixes, already starting the game and it's not even finished [even thought we finished the download from the start], too much space fills up [I'm looking at you Hearthstone - 1GB (original download) and downloads another (0.8GB), which is almost 2GB (1.8GB) update! Really? Why didn't put the WHOLE package in there and NOT WASTING TIME?
-> Micro transactions
* pretty much ruins everything and becomes unbalanced that effects to the game-play, such as: RPG (leveling up, boosters, best "op" cards, gems)
* Wasting times about 30 seconds repetitive ads and get a DOUBLE POINTS (Well, I mean, it works. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
* Waiting simulator (limited chests, every day/week/months) just to play a single game for less than 5 minutes, then you can't play it anymore, because of those limitation of LIFE/ENERGY wasted. (We have seen too much for this, it's basically too much focused on that, rather than the game itself)
THEY ARE TRYING TO TEASE US!
Occasionally, tasks may test your patience, but who says money can't buy time?
I have quite the polarizing solution to make that timer disappear.
* mostly are in the way something that interrupts the game-play
(full-screen, FULL-VOLUME sound, banners, slows down performance, internet connections)
Like BIG GREEN BUTTON that you would MISTAKENLY & PRESS IT THERE. Cancel button is mostly not very visible as a quick look. I see what you did there. (Natural instinct)
* not enough ads and becomes boring repetitive (even if you have that app),
* Fake ads (to get attention, the nonexistent game is better than the game we got, it's disappointing)
* Attentions whores (NOOB vs PRO - even thought they are NOT in the same level, but they tried to piss you off [at least not for me] to try the game out)
* Disgusting ads (really? We have seen enough of that.)
* SEPARATED ADS? (one that is common and other is uncommon. Now pick your poison.)
* Force tutorials, NO SKIPS (even if you knew already)
* They force you to SPEND the GEMS & not giving back the same value like it was.
* No tutorials after you skip (yes, no manuals either in this game)
-> RATE THIS GAME! 5 STARS!
[if you give less, they will be quiet]
(YOU LIKE IT, BEFORE YOU EVEN TRY IT!)
Because it's too early to like it.
Like already starting the game, not even a minute and it is already showing up.
I understand that we can make a choice to skip, but you give so early that we cannot give a decide if it's good enough.
No wonder you have bad reviews, already from the beginning.
Now developers problem:
* No forums/chat (example: Discord), ONLY firstname.lastname@example.org (how can we trust on that?)
* Bots/developers cliches (Thank you for corporation, We are sorry that you didn't like, etc..., we will improve the game or whatever, etc...)
[I've seen some honest dev reviews (which some are not their fault) and some are pretty hilarious comeback XD]
Customers reviews problems
* Bots (5 STARS, too short in 1 sentence or mostly 5 words)
They are trying to trick us. Because of popularity. And then you see bad reviews.
* Positives (wow, best, simple, addictive, )
* Negatives [mostly are threats] (ASP (as soon as possible!),
- FIX IT!!!!! (bro, c'mon, give some time, and also for yourself too),
- I didn't like so I'm not gonna play it anymore, IT SUCKS!!!!, I'M MAD!!!!, (but doesn't explain why?)
- THIS IS THE WORST GAME, I GIVE 1 STAR, I MEAN NO STARS [even thought he didn't even tried it],
- DELETED ALL MY SAVE FILES (which is really true, when they said it, because it happens so many times in those devices, not saving on a cloud properly or even on your device, so be cautious about it),
- BLACK SCREEN, UPDATE SUCKS! [I mean some phones are not capable somehow or not much strong enough to use it. But before working and it's not working anymore on the same device, then it's something very suspicious, hmmmm.])
- I PAYED & DIDN'T WORK & STILL SHOWS ME THE ADS (That's also true, I don't know if even developers test their own game or even use it.)
- GIVE THIS GAME FOR FREE! (it somehow works, when they listen developers, I don't know, if it's good or not.. I mean, if it really doesn't work for device or mostly outdated, might be as well be free)
Now the Google play problem:
-> 300 words for the review IS NOT ENOUGH (also, there is NO new lines, so everything is SQUEEZED together) [how can you be serious about it?]
-> 5 stars? No decimals? Like 2.5 stars? (No, it doesn't exist. Only 2 OR 3 stars) Only GOOD OR BAD GAME
-> Translations of game titles and descriptions are too stupidly hilarious. The "developers/indies" did not even tried it.
Do they improved the Google play experience on others?
-> I don't know, it's kinda mixed bag. Some did really motivates them to work the developers. Some are completely lazy or not even cares. Or it's mostly abandoned.
-> The developers did improve some experience, to get attentions to a people, easy and quick to use. But not all of them, most of them are really bad executions. But it works to get them attentions.
-> Money, I don't know how much they get profit (maybe 1 click ad, how many downloads are have) I know that for sure, that they learned to cheat & tricks. (because every one does) Humans are made to be greedy by default (knowledge, stuffs, collecting rewards and wanting more, basically addiction). And the people/kids/customers are still surprised nonetheless.
DON'T DO MOBILE GAMES
-> Please, DON'T PUT MOBILE GAMES on PC/CONSOLES those MICRO TRANSACTIONS & ADS. We don't want anything near them. We bought them. Also it's not fun. Also developers PLAY/TEST YOUR GAME. DID YOU ENJOY IT? DID YOU LIKE IT? HMM? Give me 5 STARS! Oh and also I give you an AD, while starting the game!
-> Delaying Loading screens programs/games for such a simple task! I understand online though (good & bad connection), but not the CONSTANT online.
Overall: We have still a lot of learn.