Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Proteus

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 30, 2013

In Proteus, the player awakens in the sea off the shore of a peaceful island, and simply explores the island in different seasons, enjoying the procedurally-generated sights, the way their surroundings shape the low-key soundtrack, and the simple graphical style.

Proteus is pretty sweet.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By onarum

Yeah I really love the tunes it creates while you explore, I got the standard version but now listening to it I'm tempted to get that artifact version (pretty much a sort of collectors edition) just for the OST. 

Pardon for the iffy FPS, it plays a lot better than that but recording game footage with fraps on a crappy laptop is never a good thing.

not that much to do though, but for 7,50 I recommend everyone to give it a try.
    mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mandude

What do you do in it? Just walk around and explore? How do the landscapes vary?

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By onarum
    @mandude: Yeah you pretty much just walk around and explore, the landscape does vary, specially when the seasons change, but the real meat of it I think is the music and sounds and how it all reacts to your exploration, also the wind waker eske graphics look great.

This is what I would call a chill out game.
    mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mandude

Sounds like something I'd be into. I'll be sure to give this a shot. Not sure why these kinds of games appeal to me, but I guess they do.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Looks cool, but I think it'd have to have more gameplay than just walking around. Exploring minecraft is a huge part of that game, but there's an incentive to do so.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By fattony12000

I'm waiting for the sequel, Proteus.avi.

visualninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By visualninja

You can "finish" it though. and its got a cool "ending." has anyone else gotten it yet?

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I take it all back, what I said two replies up, I've played about 50 minutes. It's fantastic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.