Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

How's the handling on the vehicles?

Viggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Viggo

Helicopters for instance, how do they handle, control? Mercs 2, GTA IV, Saints Row 2, Just Cause, erm, you get the picture, which game do they most feel like?

Also, what about the armoured vehicles?

On another note, can you get/drive civilian cars as well?

Kraivyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Kraivyne

I don't know what to compare it to but I found the handling of the vehicles very good.

Very easy to manuver and to shoot with. You can also use the auto aim for shooting.

You cannot drive civilian cars tho.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I think the tanks and APCs are a bit janky.  The helicopters are okay.  I think ground vehicles are supposed to auto direct themselves whenever you just push up on the left analog stick, but I can't seem to make it work without pushing it left or right to turn the tank.  The thing is, that doesn't always work (seems unresponsive).  So I'm not sure if the driving is supposed to be like Mercs or Halo tanks, but it feels kind of like both.  I hope that makes some sort of sense...

Helicopters rise with A, fall with X.  You fire with RT, cycle through weapons with RB, lock on with LT, and switch targets by flicking the Right Stick whuile locked on.  You move the heli with LS but rotate with RS (when not in target lock).  I think that is similar to Mercs, but I can't remember (sans targeting system).

Overall, the vehicles are manageable, but somewhat clunky and undesirable.  You spend most of your time on foot anyways, so don't let it discourage you.

AK47Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AK47Kill

The helicopters handle awsome i love jacking them and pwning the strike teams with it , but the tank and apc i dont like much its slow and confusing at turning

Dachef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Dachef

The ground vehicles are somewhat weird to control, but the helicopters control pretty well. But then again vehicles aren't really the main focus of the game.

AzureSupernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By AzureSupernova

They're pretty simple, nothing fancy. Especially ground vehicles, which admittedly can be clunky and unresponsive. But who really wants to drive a tank or a chopper when you can jump fifteen feet in the air, outrun a helicopter and morph your arms into numerous fatal weapons...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.