Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pyre

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 25, 2017

Lead a band of exiles through an ancient competition in the third game from Supergiant Games.

Supergiant Games' new game is Pyre

• 66 results
    DukeKaboom89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Still need to play bastion as it looked like it could be awesome I do own but have not played it yet. Am I a bad person?

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I have no idea what this game is. Looks pretty, though. There's more character animation in that trailer than I normally associate with their games, I wonder if that's the reason for this new art style.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished Bastion and liked it, but never really understood the incredible love people have for it, including the giant bomb staff. Seemed that generally people liked Transistor less, so never really checked it out, but someone in this thread said the gameplay was a bit like Parasite Eve, which I love, so maybe I should?

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By FrodoBaggins

Man, that art. Just look at it.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a gorgeous looking game.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Niceanims

I fucking love all the dichotomy in the lyrics of that song holy shit!

And even in the star logo, with those lines going in opposite directions.

It looks like it'll be a recurring theme

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Well, it looks pretty, but I almost expect that from Supergiant. I just hope it grabs me more than Transistor did.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This might sound controversial but while I really enjoy playing Supergiant's games, their music is really lame.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Loved Bastion, didn't love Transistor (despite listening to the soundtrack so much). But that split just comes down to personal tastes and my preference of action games.

I hope this is great and they move past the narrator gimmick this time around. I expect them to experiment with the gameplay again to come up with something new. I think my main problem with Transistor is that I never felt powerful enough, since the limits were such that I always seemed to be missing something.

Supergiant is a damn fine studio that puts everything into their projects, so I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Two amazing games is a coincident, three's a trend. I can't wait for this. I liked Transistor tons more than Bastion so I'm hoping this will be another step up for me! I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeve.

Bouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Bouken

@dgtlty said:

This might sound controversial but while I really enjoy playing Supergiant's games, their music is really lame.

Controversial? Eh, I think I'd more call it outright wrong

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Quipido

@bouken said:
    @dgtlty said:

Controversial? Eh, I think I'd more call it outright wrong

And I'd call it: opinions! Music is such a subjective thing you can love or hate it and be perfectly correct.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Yeah, I'll end up buying it.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dgtlty: I actually tried to get Supergiant Games to send me download links for the .flac versions of the Transistor soundtrack's hummed tunes.

Noelle808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Noelle808

Here's a 22 minute video that covers what looks like the "tutorial" section of the game:

Loading Video...

The tactical part of the game being a Sports Game is actually a pretty bold choice. I think some people might be disappointed by that, but I'm really into it. A lot of religions and mythologies have significant sport traditions, and this game seems to be very deliberately tapping into that.

I'm also SUPER INTO all the artwork and also the fact that the heavy of the team is a giant lady. It's very relatable.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco
    @noelle808 said:

...A lot of religions and mythologies have significant sport traditions, and this game seems to be very deliberately tapping into that.

I'm into it for not only this reason but also because it's a bold choice. I appreciate a developer that looks to do different things for their different games (when they're not sequels). They're not looking to keep repeating, or refining, their old formulas but rather taking their whole design style and appling it to something different. Bastion was straight action, Transistor had turn based elements, and this is a match structure competition game. Supergiant is seeming to be the antithesis of most AAA developers that are heavily influenced by publishers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.