Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

RAID: World War II

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Oct 10, 2017

A historical spin-off of the Payday series of co-operative first-person shooters pits four bank robbers against the Nazi regime in World War II.

Starbreeze calls it the spiritual sequel to PAYDAY

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Wandrecanada

Looks like they have a new take on the PAYDAY formula but instead of shooting cops you're shooting Nazis and German soldiers.

I guess you're raiding Nazi strongholds to steal their (probably stolen itself) treasure hordes.

I can see this being alright.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If I can't drive a tank with mounted speakers blasting all for the love of sunshine i'm not interested.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There are some gameplay videos out there and skipping around on them, yeah, this is totally a WW2 skin over Payday 2.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

One of the coolest things about Payday is the premise and concept of the game. Replacing bank heists with WWII is a questionable idea.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Very down with more games in the vein of Payday. Love some repeatable co-op games like that.

The setting isn't exactly original but hey can still be great for me. I did like the bank robber part of Payday but I don't think anything about the design or asthetic was every good either. Liked 2 in for the rest.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BoccKob

I dunno, I really liked Payday 2, but this seems like it would lack sweet masks and bank sieges. Plus video games going back to WWII is like blatantly saying, "welp we're out of ideas!"

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I hope they at least are going for a dirty dozen kind of vibe for the heroes to set it apart.

grapesoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By grapesoda

I have over 1000 hours spent in Payday 2 and while I still like playing it occasionally Raid is gonna have to do something drastically different to get my attention. Hopefully some more in-depth gameplay videos will show up soon because based on the little bits that I've seen I'd rather just wait for Payday 3.

Also I'm pretty worried about them using the diesel engine. That is the source of a lot of jank in Payday 2(it took them 4 years to fix the desync in stealth heists for example) so I would have been a lot closer to buying it if they were using a newer engine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.