Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 21, 2008

Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty is a stand-alone PSN title that continues the adventures of Ratchet on his quest to discover the answers surrounding Clank's mysterious disappearance.

Buy or pass? - Who's played this?

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Hey guys! I'm debating whether or not to drop the cash on this. How is it? Is it worth $15? What's the replayability like?

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By normajean777

i am getting it so ill let you know how it is

Wesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Wesker

Pass. Read my review in the user reviews section.

Avatar image for deactivated-660208a327978
    deactivated-660208a327978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you're looking for replayability then pass. If you're looking for decent platforming then pass. If you're looking for decent gunplay then pass. If you're looking for funny dialogue and a great story then pass.

Pretty much just pass, it has few redeeming features and it is painfully short.
    PsYuSoFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PsYuSoFly

Pass

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By zitosilva

It's fun, but too short.

Jason_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jason_Miami

If you like Ratchet and Clank then it's a buy. I don't know why people expected so much out of a downloadable game like this just because it's $15. Braid is $15 and I had a hell of a lot more FUN with this than Braid. The production values on this game are excellent for the format and price; graphics are even better than Tools of Destruction and the sound design, voice acting and music are top notch as well (complete with a good spoof/homage theme song to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.)

Most importantly the writing is dead-on funny and what you'd expect from a R&C game and the gameplay is just as great as ever. It's a core Ratchet and Clank experience without a bunch of the extraneous mini-games and such in the retail R&C games. Length is not nearly as important to me as pacing and this game is paced very well so that you never feel bored or feel that this partciular section of the game should have been cut. It seems a lot of people have become spoiled and almost always want more out of a game, even when it's relatively cheap. Or maybe it's just me being content with what I'm given, I don't know. I had a lot of fun with this game.

My only real complaint the that there is no Qwark because he is by far the funniest character in the universe but that's neglegable in the grand scheme. The ending of the game is also a nice setup to the new game, apparently coming in 2009, so it fills in that story gap. I don't think it's the greatest game, I'd probably give it a 3 1/2 or 4 out of 5 but that doesn't mean it isn't worth buying.

The main question is, "Do you like R&C games?" If yes, then just buy it already. If not, then that's something you have to work out on your own by reading a bunch of reviews and picking out what you might agree with or disagree with in their pros and cons.

nastybutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By nastybutler

I got it and its totally worth it! es its fifteen bucks but its like a retail only short. There is no replay but well worth playing through. There are no silly mini games just action and great puzzles. The only problem with this game is that its only 3-4 hours. I still think it well worth time and money to play this game. Great platforming and shooting. Everything that makes a ratchet and clank game good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.