Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

500 kills achievements question

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zereta

Can these achievements be earned by replaying old missions? Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
    deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yes... they are not weapon specific either only weapon type... but multiplayer kills doesn't count towards it.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zereta
    @BergDK said:
    " Yes... they are not weapon specific either only weapon type... but multiplayer kills doesn't count towards it. "
    lol now that's weird. I thought they would totally force me to play multiplayer for those achievement. Man, that's good to know. Gonna make it a lot easier and fun.
    Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
    deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zereta:
    I just checked and the achievement guide recommends you use free roam for the mounted guns one... so I'm honestly not sure if you can do it by replaying story missions or if it's just quicker to do it that way... It's 500 in singleplayer OR multiplayer so you can't do 400 in sp and 100 in mp.
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zereta
    @BergDK said:
    " @Zereta:I just checked and the achievement guide recommends you use free roam for the mounted guns one... so I'm honestly not sure if you can do it by replaying story missions or if it's just quicker to do it that way... It's 500 in singleplayer OR multiplayer so you can't do 400 in sp and 100 in mp. "
    Ah shit, didn't know that. Man, that's kinda balls. Oh well, gonna try the single player ones. The gatling gun missions were awesome.
    El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By El33tPanda

It would probably be best to replay old mounted gun missions, as those are few and far between, especially when getting 500 kills. The best one is when you're on the train with the machine gun, as that provides the most enemy fodder.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By pweidman

These 500 kill achieves are for 'any mode'.  Mp and sp kills all count.

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Phr4nk0

The achievements can be earned in both multiplayer and singleplayer. However you need to total 500 in one mode (eg 200 in single player and 300 in multiplayer will not count). 

You can not replay story missions to get kills, they don't add to your stats. You can see your kills by pressing pause, going to stats then combat and scrolling down. 
    You can use different guns (eg 200 one type of revolver + 300 other type or pistol = 500). 

I got my 500 pistol and rifle kills achievements during single player. I had less than 200 mounted weapon kills in single player.  
    It has been reported that the mounted weapon kills are glitchy in singleplayer and some people havn't unlocked it when reaching 500 but they all get it when reaching 500 in multiplayer (I never bothered trying it in singleplayer after hearing this, went straight to multiplayer).

The best way to get the mounted weapon kills is by starting a private free roam (yes the kills count) and go to El Presido (the fort in mexico with the canons). 
    Get up to the canon that looks down the road that enters the fort, right of the door the road leeds through while in the fort, by the transport wheel. Canons count as mounted weapons. 
    This is the best place to shoot from, you're able to target nearly all the soldiers you will attract when they come from their spawn points. 
    To attract the soldiers look back into the fort and shoot one of them patrolling around, if there arn't any around you can shoot the tnt in the wagons, an oil lantern, a horse in the stable or throw some dynamite at the main building. 
    Get back to your canon quick and start blasting, some will get into the fort from behind but don't worry about them too much, they never caused me much trouble, if you are getting shot from behind quickly get off your canon and kill the one shooting you and have a peek down and kill as many as you can before getting back on the canon. 

If you've leveled up enough to get the bandit free roam challenges you can work on getting public enemy a bunch of times like this aswell. 
    This is the way I did it, went from 0-500 in just about an hour. If you're gonna do this is 2 or more sittings make sure you press back and go to exit multiplayer instead of just dropping to dashboard or something otherwise your stats might not save.
    darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By darkvare

the site says the if you have issues with the mounted gun one go to el presidio

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.