Find Cougars, help!

#1 Posted by Raineko (450 posts) -

Okay, so I have to knife 2 cougars but the problem is I cannot find them. I checked some places that are marked on the map you get with the game but nothing. I managed to find and kill one in the top right corner of the map but then never found one again. Seriously I think I am searching for 3 hours now, help me! :(

#2 Edited by joeybagad0nutz (1500 posts) -

You don't find them..........they find you. (Seriously, ninja cougars are some scary shit.)

#3 Posted by Raineko (450 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" You don't find them..........they find you. (Seriously, ninja cougars are some scary shit.) "
I knew exactly someone would say that lol, but come on I am getting mad, where are these douchebags?
#4 Posted by joeybagad0nutz (1500 posts) -

Honestly? I found a couple in the Tall Tree's. Near the mountains. Hope I helped.

#5 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

I found a couple in mexico trying to rip a guy's throat off.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19300 posts) -
@Raineko: Rio Bravo is crawling with them 

there's an area in Rio Bravo with like circle rock thingies on the map.. go there. they'll jump at you ninja style and fuck you up 

Seriously dude, Rio Bravo only.
#7 Posted by dudeglove (13795 posts) -

Did you never get the map included with the game? I'm pretty sure it shows you where most animals are.

#8 Posted by Raineko (450 posts) -
@dudeglove said:
" Did you never get the map included with the game? I'm pretty sure it shows you where most animals are. "
I said in the first post that I did that and didn´t find them. 

So I didn´t find any in the Tall Trees area, so I am gonna check Rio Bravo lol
#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19300 posts) -
@dudeglove said:
" Did you never get the map included with the game? I'm pretty sure it shows you where most animals are. "
that map doesnt do shit. only helps you with boars and bears
#10 Posted by RE_Player1 (8057 posts) -

No Caption Provided
#11 Posted by dudeglove (13795 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @dudeglove said:
that map doesnt do shit. only helps you with boars and bears "
Okay, so shit for everything except boars and bears. Gotcha.
#12 Posted by Raineko (450 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Raineko: Rio Bravo is crawling with them  there's an area in Rio Bravo with like circle rock thingies on the map.. go there. they'll jump at you ninja style and fuck you up  Seriously dude, Rio Bravo only. "
alright thx found a lonely cougar there 
#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19300 posts) -
@Raineko said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Raineko: Rio Bravo is crawling with them  there's an area in Rio Bravo with like circle rock thingies on the map.. go there. they'll jump at you ninja style and fuck you up  Seriously dude, Rio Bravo only. "
alright thx found a lonely cougar there  "
im sure another 3 jumped you as u typed this :P
#14 Posted by luce (4056 posts) -

Yeah cougars are not hard to fi-

#15 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

There's plenty on the path leading up the hills to Fort Mercer. But like everyone has said they're really tough to miss just when simply travelling around anywhere, really.

#16 Posted by ShadowKing7 (748 posts) -

I always found a few up at the snowy mountain (don't remember the name), and I even got attacked by a ninja cougar while I was skinning a bear that I had just killed, scared the fuck outta me.
#17 Posted by TotalEklypse (982 posts) -

singles bars.. always at singles bars. 

seriously though the river to the north by the snowy area has the highest concentration i have seen in the game. it is also the location of the legendary named cougar. that place is a scary ass area because at times you can see 3 or more at once on the prowl.. just waiting to catch scent and make lunch of your meaty parts.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
#18 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1244 posts) -

Go to Tanner's Reach, particularly at night. You'll find all the cougars you can handle...

#19 Posted by fugie7 (1138 posts) -

i usually find cougars around tall tree or outside Macfarlane ranch near the mountains by the train tracks.

#20 Posted by EchoEchoEcho (56 posts) -

There is one of the hunter challenges that will make you kill a special Jaguar, and that Jaguar is surrounded by cougars, seriously. You have to kill a ton of cougars for the Jaguar to actually show up. Do those challenges and you will find them. That is in online free roam, though.

#21 Posted by Claude (16670 posts) -

I found two, shot both in the leg and then stabbed the bastards in Mexico.

#22 Posted by Glak (580 posts) -

The most common places I found was Tall Trees, the swamp near Thieves Landing, and north of the MacFarlane Ranch

#23 Posted by mesklinite (899 posts) -

The road leading to fort mercer.
#24 Posted by Duskwaith (35 posts) -

Try the likes of Rio Bravo and Tall trees are usually crawling with them, dropping some bait would help to

#25 Posted by jmrwacko (2537 posts) -
@Raineko said:
" Find Cougars, help! "
Use craigslist.
#26 Posted by SpawnMan (663 posts) -

Cougars are usually at bars looking for virgins and show them the ropes. Or next door with an inattentive husband and a knack for sunbathing topless. Or so I've heard. : /

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.