Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

New DLC broke the game?

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I just downloaded  the new Co-op DLC, played a bit of it and tried to return to Free Roam. The loading was taking an unusually long time so I went to the dashboard, no big deal. But now whenever I try to get into multiplayer it seems like it just loads forever, I've been staring at the little spinning loading icon for about twenty minutes when it should take twenty seconds. Anyone else having this problem or know a solution?

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By djstyles92

Yup this has happened to me too

Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FakePlasticTree

You mean it broke the game even more, right? It was already broken. This does suck though, maybe I'll hold off on getting that DLC. 

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

That and there is also no NPCs in free roam causing boosting.

Burninator12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Burninator12

Yeah. I've been getting endless load screens. Also, when it finally did load, I did the Twin Rocks hideout, and every time I hit retry, it told me I had beaten it again, which I exploited for a while.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

Yupp same thing here, every time I ry to go back to singleplayer the game locks up on me

And another thing, my rank keeps going down, fucking annoying

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCreamFilling

Guess I'll just stay away from this game for a few days, hopefully the problems will get solved.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

Not happened to me yet but I started the co-op in a posse and I was the only one to make it into the lobby. Just said it was waiting for more players and everyone else was stuck in an endless loading screen. 

Sucks if it keeps happening since what I played was pretty awesome.

greenblattsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By greenblattsam

Now that' just stupid not gonna download it when my xbox comes back D:

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dexterslu

I've had that loading issue since day 1 with the game unfortunately, I'm not sure what causes it but I frequently have to load back out to the dashboard. sucks, while trying to play the new DLC today my brother had the same issue.  Although after re-booting the game we got into the coop no problem. 

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fwylo

Oh Rockstar how you've failed us.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Sin4profit

Yeah i'm having the same eternal loading screen issue. Dunno if the servers are jammed or something of that nature..no tellin what's goin on behind that load screen but i couldn't get into a game after the patch and the DLC download.

PowerBombYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By PowerBombYo

I'm pretty sure this isn't anything new. I had that problem the first week of the games release.

Anto0on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Anto0on

Happen to me too. My connection was bad from the beginning and then they fixed it... and now it sucks again.

Superman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By Superman64
    @AssassinOfSouls said:
    " @fwylo said:
    " Oh Rockstar how you've failed us. "
    wow you get a free dlc and you say that? talk about being fucking ungrateful.

Why should people be grateful for something that breaks their game exactly? It's one thing if it worked and people bitched and moaned about it not having enough content...but this is screwing up some people's games...and that's not something you should be grateful for.

As for this topic...I haven't had any problems getting into online games...however I went to the Outfitter, but when I tried to load it I got stuck in a never ending load screen and I had to go back to the dashboard. This has never happened before I got this DLC.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#17  Edited By Yummylee

Oh yeah...as if RDR couldn't fit any more bugs into its system. The most annoying one was whenever someone died on free roam...they'd then physically vanish but would still appear on the map.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By chstupid

Yea It's broken for me too and I was all exited and stuff :(
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#19  Edited By Sin4profit
    @AssassinOfSouls: 
    Nah, they just forgot to mention the part where it fucks up yer game free of charge...thanks Rockstar.
    Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Swaboo

Mine fucked up after i joined a game and it got stuck loading. I quit the game, go in single player mode and then it worked fine when i went back to the coop missions.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ninjakiller

Well I got a interesting bug.  I've gone from level 8-44 currently in 2 hours from a glitch. I installed the new DLC and now in any multiplayer go to a gang hideout and start it, about 9 seconds later it will give you an automatic clear and give between 300-500 xp depending on the hideout.  No enemies spawn, and I can't curently call my horse, but oh well.  I'm looking forward to R* stripping my grind when they fix this. 

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By fwylo
    @Superman64 said:
    " @AssassinOfSouls said:
    " @fwylo said:
    " Oh Rockstar how you've failed us. "
    wow you get a free dlc and you say that? talk about being fucking ungrateful.

Why should people be grateful for something that breaks their game exactly? It's one thing if it worked and people bitched and moaned about it not having enough content...but this is screwing up some people's games...and that's not something you should be grateful for.  As for this topic...I haven't had any problems getting into online games...however I went to the Outfitter, but when I tried to load it I got stuck in a never ending load screen and I had to go back to the dashboard. This has never happened before I got this DLC. "
    Exaclty.  They sold us a game that is fucking broken.  It works but it isn't complete.  No game from Rockstar has ever been this bad.  And now they decide to give us some free content that is even more broken, and breaks the shit even more, THAT WAS ALREADY BROKEN. 

Fuck.
    MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By MjHealy

I guess I will wait 'til tomorrow morning to download it. Lucky me.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AlwaysAngry

I've never had a single bug after about 15 hours of playing the game with around 7 hours of that online.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fwylo: Mine works perfectly fine. Had the game crash on me once and that's it.
    Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Pkshields

Damn, just about to download it too. Guess I'll wait, no one else will probably be online anyway now.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pkshields: I am currently in a full room.
    Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pkshields
    @Manhattan_Project said:
    " @Pkshields: I am currently in a full room. "
    Yeah, I just booted it up and still a few people in. The gang hideouts are still broken though,so everyones just farming XP
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lilbigsupermario

before the DLC the game hung up on me and got stuck in the loading screen, but i could still go to the XMB.  after i got the DLC, I haven't experienced any problems yet. 

relax guys, you don't have to go into rage, maybe they're just adjusting the servers to accommodate the DLC, i'm sure R* has noticed the bugs that are occurring and they're doing fixes. 

and broken game? every game is broken coz people will always find faults in any game. and even if RDR is broken, it is one fun broken game.

Superman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Superman64

I posted earlier saying that I wasn't having many issues with RDR...what a difference a few hours makes. I couldn't get into any normal free roam sessions. Every one I did get in...a total of two...was glitched and just had people spamming gang hideouts for easy XP. I couldn't even do any of the new co-op missions. It would just get stuck on the loading screen. I even had it crash to the dashboard at one point when I tried to switch from one hardcore free roam session to another.

So yeah...this is pretty fucking terrible.

Velutha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Velutha

I had the same issues....trouble getting into games, people spamming gang hideouts, etc....when I would get into a game if I died I would just be stuck in a loading screen for all of eternity.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm sure they'll have it fixed within a few days. In the meantime, excuse me while I hunt some officers of the law.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Karmum
    @Velutha said:
    " I had the same issues....trouble getting into games, people spamming gang hideouts, etc....when I would get into a game if I died I would just be stuck in a loading screen for all of eternity. "
    Yeah, if you ever get into a game (which wasn't hard for me last night), don't ever, ever die. At least, don't die in the glitched free roam rooms, you'll know if you're in one of those spam gang hideout rooms when everyone is invisible and you can't call your horse.
    foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By foggel

Glad I didn't download it.

Can't you guys just delete it?

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pkshields

Checked the Red Dead forums and it seems multiplayer is fixed again. Any confirmation from anyone who already has the DLC downloaded?

kylekrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kylekrueger

as far as i can tell it's fixed but they removed hardcore free roam.

essd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By essd0g

It's weird because it seems like there is still a small population of people (like myself) who are still experiencing these glitches. I constantly get stuck at endless loading screens and when I do manage to get into a game, some objects and players are invisible. Prior to downloading the DLC I never had these issues.

Even after deleting the DLC these issues still persist. It seems like there are so many theories out there on why this occurred and just as many methods on how to fix it but I have yet to find one that works for me. 

If this is what qualifies as fixed then I'm afraid I may have no choice but to sell the game (and I really don't want to do that if I don't have to).

karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By karneh

I'm not downloading it till I'm sure everything is crystal-clear. And for the people saying "thanks R* for fucking up the game", remember this: R* doesn't have to do this for free, or at all. Even then, they have always delivered for us. So they broke the game with this dlc. It happens. But if you people continue to be ungrateful, don't be surprised when they stop releasing it for free, or stop releasing any dlc at all.

essd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By essd0g

Well, it seems like its fixed now. At least it is for me anyway and I consider myself to have been in the population having the most difficulty with the game. I played for about 2 hours without encountering a single endless load screen or in match glitches. Sadly, in a desperate attempt to try to resolve the issue myself, I deleted all RDR data from my PS3 so I'm back to a level one player.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.