Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

This is one of the most traumatic games I've ever played....

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bicycleham

So, I picked this game up yesterday, and I love it so far. Riding around, shooting fools in the head with a winchester, pretending your Clint Eastwood taking down evil-doers. That is, until one of the most traumatic events of the entire history of this game happens. In the very beginning of the game you get a random horse but you never see that horse again. But then, after certain events, you wake up and are given a horse. I grew a bond with this horse. I traveled all around with it and fed it apples like it was my own son. This horse was my entire life. But then, a stray bullet had hit it during a mission for a stranger and my beloved Paint Horse had died. I was in tears. I felt so struck down and sad that my horse had died and I had lost something that I had grown a bond with. Well that is, until a got that Stallion from Bonnie. Then that decided to run into a lake. Goddamn horses.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Pussy.  

I Keed, I keed! 

I know what you're talking about.  Mine always jump off cliffs. 

And I thought this topic was about something else.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ArchScabby

I would ride my horses off cliffs just for fun.

Crescendo1897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crescendo1897

I feel ya, those horses really start to mean something to you.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kishan6

i hope u didnt actually cry over a video game horse...

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bicycleham
    @kishan6 said:
    " i hope u didnt actually cry over a video game horse... "
    No. 

Yes. 

Hell no.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kishan6
    @Xolare said:

" @kishan6 said:

" i hope u didnt actually cry over a video game horse... "
    No.       Yes.     Hell no. "
    wow 
    that was a awesome reply (not sarcastic)
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By bybeach

Didn't like it when I lost my horse. 

I really didn't. You get a feeling if you are playing the Red Dead in context, that horse is your responsibility.However, the lession one could learn that  it is just a game interaction to manipulate, put value on or not, and to what degree. I almost do not like the connotation, but it's pretty valid. I saw one of the GB guys make a decision like this,  Whether to feed a cat or not after accepting the mission.  It really didn't matter materially it seemed so...

Wierd. 

So I went and got a new horse..heh.
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bicycleham

What's weird is, I have no problem shooting a wild horse in the face and skinning it. Whereas, shooting my own horse is hard.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

In single player maybe. Killing my own horse in multiplayer is like a sport to me, however.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Xolare said:
    " Riding around, shooting fools in the head with a winchester, pretending your Clint Eastwood taking down evil-doers."
    man im turning on my PS3 to play some RDR RIGHT NOW !!! damn thats heartwarming 

@Xolare said:
    "But then, after certain events, you wake up and are given a horse. I grew a bond with this horse. I traveled all around with it and fed it apples like it was my own son. This horse was my entire life. But then, a stray bullet had hit it during a mission for a stranger and my beloved Paint Horse had died. I was in tears. I felt so struck down and sad that my horse had died and I had lost something that I had grown a bond with.  "
    tear-jerking moment of the week, guys ? 
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By spaceturtle

Ah, this. I remember my first horse. I also grew quite the bond with my stallion. We were bro's till the end of the world. Till brocapolypse. Bromaggedon! Unfortunately I managed to swing the crosshair over the head of my horse in a firefight and killed it myself. I was crushed...

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By MysteriousBob

Who cares? I shot my horse in the face with a shotgun because it got on my nerves.

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JackG100

I shot my horse in the neck while trying to save myself from a pack of wolves.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blazerx9x
    @Xolare said:
    " So, I picked this game up yesterday, and I love it so far. Riding around, shooting fools in the head with a winchester, pretending your Clint Eastwood taking down evil-doers. That is, until one of the most traumatic events of the entire history of this game happens. In the very beginning of the game you get a random horse but you never see that horse again. But then, after certain events, you wake up and are given a horse. I grew a bond with this horse. I traveled all around with it and fed it apples like it was my own son. This horse was my entire life. But then, a stray bullet had hit it during a mission for a stranger and my beloved Paint Horse had died. I was in tears. I felt so struck down and sad that my horse had died and I had lost something that I had grown a bond with. Well that is, until a got that Stallion from Bonnie. Then that decided to run into a lake. Goddamn horses. "
    I shot my horse in the head like 5 times
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kmdrkul

I jumped my first horse off of the large cliff on the way to Armadillo.  I laughed at the result and didn't think of it again :p

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FunExplosions
    @MysteriousBob: Yep. That was a frequent occurrence for me. Lots of times when I was starting to get bored, I would just speed up to full speed, aim at my horses head, and watch myself flop passed the dead horse. Awesome fun. I also liked finding really high precipices, trot full-speed at them, and shoot my horse in the head to watch the ensuing hilarity. I gotta admit though, the first time my horse flopped down dead from a stray bullet, I was a little surprised.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I think my horse died once in my entire play through of the game. I was walking along a cliff hunting some boars, when all of a sudden another one popped out of nowhere and charged me and my horse. Needless to say, my horse didn't survive the fall. Luckily it was the black war horse that you get for preordering, so it was basically infinite horse.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kermoosh
    @Xolare said:
    " So, I picked this game up yesterday, and I love it so far. Riding around, shooting fools in the head with a winchester, pretending your Clint Eastwood taking down evil-doers. That is, until one of the most traumatic events of the entire history of this game happens. In the very beginning of the game you get a random horse but you never see that horse again. But then, after certain events, you wake up and are given a horse. I grew a bond with this horse. I traveled all around with it and fed it apples like it was my own son. This horse was my entire life. But then, a stray bullet had hit it during a mission for a stranger and my beloved Paint Horse had died. I was in tears. I felt so struck down and sad that my horse had died and I had lost something that I had grown a bond with. Well that is, until a got that Stallion from Bonnie. Then that decided to run into a lake. Goddamn horses. "
    if you've rode the stallion, then you can buy the deed from the general store, it costs 1500 but if your good, you can reduce it to 750, and with the deed, you can keep using the best horses
    Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Helimocopter

fire bottle leads to constant funs

Snotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Snotty

Mu buddy has the black horse from the special edition. so when it dies you can summon it back again. After all the abuse we have put that horse through it probably wishes it could just stay dead.

caseylakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By caseylakes

The first horse you get I quite liked her. "Her?" Yes, my horse did not have a penis that could kill a woman, so it was a "her". Then I was given a stallion, so I shot my first horse, skinned it and I kept the items she game me. So she is always with me, in spirit. 

JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JeevesPleez
    @caseylakes: 
    0_o

My horse has died on me so many times that now I only get annoyed because I have to wait 30 seconds to whistle for another one. Oh well.
    ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShadowKing7

When it comes to horses in this game, I really don't like harming them.  Once I got that Kentucky Saddler from the story mission, I treated that thing well and made sure to keep it away from enemies so it wouldn't get shot or hurt.  Also, when it comes to enemies on horses, I always aim for the person and never the horse because I can't stand hurting an animal that hasn't harmed me.
    EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EliasT
    @InfamousBIG said:
    " Pussy.   I Keed, I keed!. "
    I guaran-fucking-tee you that everyone here hates Ray William Johnson, please go away.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EliasT:  
    I was quoting Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. 

Please, get off my ass.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @ArchScabby said:
    " I would ride my horses off cliffs just for fun. "
    You're a terrible person. Well, not really, but still. 
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By RobotHamster

I didn't really grow a bond with my horse in RDR but I loved Agro in Shadow of the Colossus, I loved that horse to death.

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dark_Jon

lol, learn to use deeds

eponymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By eponymous

My most traumatic horse-death moment was probably when I had to capture a guy for storyline purposes, and right as I was about to lasso him, he jacked my horse right out from under me.  Had to kill it just to catch up.

I think by the end of the game my horse's name had progressed to Nicholas Cage the ninth.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By pweidman

I shot my horse in the head, and skinned it for the extra $2 I needed for the auto shotty.   Lolly.   If this seems traumatic to you, get a case of hankies for the rest of the game. 0.0
    Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

You think losing your horse is upsetting, you ain't seen nothing yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.