Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

US Marshal Outfit problem

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By handlas

Has anyone gotten this outfit on PS3?  I've completed the task 4 times now.  The last time I even completed the extra hideout (Solomon's Folly) and still it does not give me the outfit.  I know you have to complete it within 24 (ingame) hours.  I can easily beat all the hideouts when I start from sunrise and finish them before the sun even sets.  Yet 4 times...4 freakin times and it still won't give it to me.

Anyone else have this issue?  I don't understand what is wrong.  Am I missing a hideout?  I beat 5 hideouts (6 if you include Solomon's Folly).  I don't understand and it is very annoying after 4 times and still I don't see it unlocked.  To my knowledge the 5 hideouts are in Gaptooth Breach, Tumbleweed, Fort Mercer, Twin Rocks, and Pike's Basin.

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Rio

I remember doing it and not getting it as well, then I realized that you had to be far enough in the story to unlock it.  I think you actually have to beat the game first or close to it before you can do get this outfit.  Someone with more time to look this up will probably post to let you know .

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By handlas
    @Rio said:

" I remember doing it and not getting it as well, then I realized that you had to be far enough in the story to unlock it.  I think you actually have to beat the game first or close to it before you can do get this outfit.  Someone with more time to look this up will probably post to let you know . "

I just got to where there are missions Blackwater.  I have yet to do any missions there yet.  So that is where I am.  I've been busy doing all the side challenges first and wanted to unlock all the costumes that I could up until that point.  I have all of them except the US Marshal outfit, The US Army outfit, The Rancher outfit, and the Bureau Uniform.

grrr!

I guess I'll try to wait till the end of the game to do it again ;/
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By handlas

I finally found some info on it on a guide.  It says you need to complete “The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed” mission first.  Sigh, the guide I looked at on how to get the outfit left out that tidbit of information as did many other guides I looked at to understand why it wasn't working.  Is this mission, by chance, the last mission of the game?  The mission title makes it sound like it.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By defaulttag
    @handlas: very last mission AFTER the crazy climax. im just trying to avoid spoilers for you. you'll know what I mean when you get to that part. go to blackwater when this happens and talk to a guy by the train station with purple circle around him.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By handlas

thx guys

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @handlas: yup that's the last mission. you can actually get the US Army costume and US Marshall costume right after that mission. but don't worry about that for now, just focus on the story. :)  but if you want, you can finish the challenges before that mission for the 100% completion, I think that's the Bureau uniform, but I guess you'll also get that after the last mission.  As for the rancher outfit, just proceed with the story, you'll get it eventually. :)
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By handlas

well I just got past the a certain mission...now I understand why.  hehe

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.