Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Resident Evil 5 No Longer Racist?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

I was playing the RE5 demo today and I noticed that all the enemies aren't Africans.  I noticed Hispanics, Whites, and Chinese (or Japanese) people.  I wonder if they did it because of all the bad rep they were getting about being racist in this game.  Either way the game still rocks in my opinion.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

F**k me.... For starters the game was never racist in the first place!, secondly, Africa has people of many colours and creeds, not everyone is fucking black!. The continent has been influenced on a racial level for hundreds if not thousands of years. 

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By sweep  Moderator

hey, as long as i get to shoot ZOMBIES i don't give a fuck who they are ;)

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By zityz

Sigh, I love how because it's set in Africa and your a white guy shooting Africans it's considered rasict, but no one complained when a white guy is shooting Spanish people in Europe in Re4, and no one ever complains when your shooting chinese or japanese people in War games.

Maybe if Chris was a black guy shooting white dudes in England it would be okay, I dunno maybe I'm ignorant and just don't understand it.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead
    zityz said:
    "Maybe if Chris was a black guy shooting white dudes in England it would be okay, I dunno maybe I'm ignorant and just don't understand it."
    Of course it would be OK. Black people never have racist intention. I guess this thread's going to get locked soon.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

This has already been discussed numerous times before...

Linkage

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.