Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

This Isn't Scary At All...

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

...I just picked up Biohazard 5 (100% English) from Book Off for 5000円, and I'm already up to chapter 4-1.  I haven't been scared once this entire game.  Maybe it's playing with people online co-op...but I'm seriously not finding this game scary one bit. 

It's a shooter...with some on rails.  I just killed the doctor dude and about to enter the caves with some random dude...he's not scared either. 

Even RE4 had scary parts and tension...this has like none of it.  O_o

Please tell me I'm not the only one...

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dr_Cash

I kind of disagree. I mean no it is not jump out of your seat or anything. But I think the game has some of the most adreniline rushing intense action. And it deffiantly has that very erie feel as you walk through the levels and such and look at and investigate the grusome nasty stuff.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By KaosAngel
    Dr_Cash said:
    "I kind of disagree. I mean no it is not jump out of your seat or anything. But I think the game has some of the most adreniline rushing intense action. And it deffiantly has that very erie feel as you walk through the levels and such and look at and investigate the grusome nasty stuff."
    This "erie-ness" better pick up soon because I feel robbed of my money.  I wanted RE4's horror, this isn't a horror game...far from it.  Either I'm getting to old for games like this or Capcom screwed up.  I found Siren for PS3 scary as hell, as well as Dead Space...this, not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving every minute of it...but I've been playing from 10 p.m. until 2 a.m. and I feel like the game is to short.  :(
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Its not by SD perry therefor it sucks.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Unfortunately that is true . Resident Evil 5 is devoid of scare

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dr_Cash
    KaosAngel said:
    "Dr_Cash said:
    "I kind of disagree. I mean no it is not jump out of your seat or anything. But I think the game has some of the most adreniline rushing intense action. And it deffiantly has that very erie feel as you walk through the levels and such and look at and investigate the grusome nasty stuff."
    This "erie-ness" better pick up soon because I feel robbed of my money.  I wanted RE4's horror, this isn't a horror game...far from it.  Either I'm getting to old for games like this or Capcom screwed up.  I found Siren for PS3 scary as hell, as well as Dead Space...this, not so much.Don't get me wrong, I'm loving every minute of it...but I've been playing from 10 p.m. until 2 a.m. and I feel like the game is to short.  :("

The game is not short. It is about 12 hours. That is good for an action game especialy one that is this fun to replay and go for more weapon upgrades and to unlock proffesional mode. And Coop.

Like I said it's not like a scary mvoie what it is is very erie in regards to would you want to be stuck in some African country and see this stuff and being attacked? No I think not. The game gives you the sense of you have no friends and you are being stalked by the people.
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By AutomaticSnake

Wow you just found out now? I didn't need to play this crap to know it's not scary.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    AutomaticSnake said:
    "Wow you just found out now? I didn't need to play this crap to know it's not scary."
      It is not crap , RE5  is an amazing title that lacks fear element but this does not stop the game from being enjoyable .
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By iamjohn

Neither was RE4.  Hell, neither were any of the RE games past that dog BS.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Endogene
    iAmJohn said:
    "Neither was RE4.  Hell, neither were any of the RE games past that dog BS."
    The door animation already scared me....
    Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dr_Cash

What do we clasify as scary. I mean really None of the RE games were really scray they are all mostly just ERIE? I mean I think we all agree that Silent Hill has the Scary crown.

RE1 was not ah tscray more funny if anything I mean the voice action was so B rated commical. I do say that for erie. I would give RE2 the most erie. But none have been like drop dead all out fear or anything. It's always been survive and fight with very disturbing erie twist.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12  Edited By the8bitNacho

This game, along with RE4, wasn't meant to be scary.  That's what you get for not doing at least a little reading-up on a game before you buy it.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    iAmJohn said:
    "Neither was RE4. 
    Agreed but I enjoyed the hell out of that game anyway .

By the way !!! Dude !!! What is the story with the avatar ??!
    Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dr_Cash

If you really want CREEPY SCARY. Get SYSTEM SHOCK for PC even though the graphics are poop for todays times. I think most would agree that has to be one of the most creepy games to play.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tmthomsen

None of the Resident Evil games are particular scary. I remember RE1 as being very scary, but that's probably because I played it as a 12 year old. I'm quite sure I won't be scared if I happened to play it again.

It's also hard to define what's scary. For some it's the tension, which all RE games greatly delivers imo. For others it's the sudden chair-jumping moments as seen 24/7 in Doom 3.

RIP_Icewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By RIP_Icewood
    Kombat said:
    "This game, along with RE4, wasn't meant to be scary.  That's what you get for not doing at least a little reading-up on a game before you buy it."
    I had an argument with a guy yesterday saying the same thing you just said sir. People are acting surprise like they didnt know the game pumped up the action and toned down the scares. This has been said countless time by game journalists on every gaming website out. I do agree that the game is less scary....
    ItsPozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ItsPozer

Yeah the new games In witch i mean 4 and 5 i didnt find scary one bit . But 3 it scared the shit out of me. Maybe that was just because i was a kid when i played it but i think even today id get a few jumps out of it

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HandsomeDead

RE4's opening disc set in the woods then the castle was very unsettling. RE5 has none of that. And it's not even tense either. Somehow, the game is even more boring than Dead Space and at this point, i'm only playing it for achievements and Albert Wesker.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By RHCPfan24

I would agree that RE5 lacks the scares. It is unfortunate because RE4 struck a great balance between action and thrills, and RE5 doesn't even make a considerate effort to do that. It seems like laziness on Capcom's part. I would also say that I didn't find Dead Space scary, though, when compared to RE5, it had some thrills at least. Nonetheless, I do like RE5...so far.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kratos81
    KaosAngel said:
    "Dr_Cash said:
    This "erie-ness" better pick up soon because I feel robbed of my money.  I wanted RE4's horror, this isn't a horror game...far from it.  Either I'm getting to old for games like this or Capcom screwed up.  I found Siren for PS3 scary as hell, as well as Dead Space...this, not so much.Don't get me wrong, I'm loving every minute of it...but I've been playing from 10 p.m. until 2 a.m. and I feel like the game is to short.  :("
    It is short, I dont know where the 12hrs is coming from. Im on chapter 5 and I think there are only 6 or 7 chapters and I have only played for 4 or 5 hrs.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

KaosAngel said:
    Either I'm getting to old for games like this or Capcom screwed up. 
    I think we're missing the point of this game. This is Resident Evil 5, the finale to the Umbrella arc of the Resident Evil story.  It's not trying to be a jump-scare shooter; it's trying to be an intense, atmospheric, riotous end to the saga.

Also, the crocodiles in the marshlands are total throwbacks to Resident Evil 2.
    kumis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By kumis
    "Dr_Cash said:
    "KaosAngel said:
    "Dr_Cash said:

The game is not short. It is about 12 hours. That is good for an action game especialy one that is this fun to replay and go for more weapon upgrades and to unlock proffesional mode. And Coop.Like I said it's not like a scary mvoie what it is is very erie in regards to would you want to be stuck in some African country and see this stuff and being attacked? No I think not. The game gives you the sense of you have no friends and you are being stalked by the people."

Wait, what? For real? "No friends" who is Sheva then? "Stalked"? No way, you just get attacked and the beginning of the game doesn't count, because it lasts for like 30seconds, after that all the stalking stops and the action begins.

I will agree that the game has some of the best action moments, but it isn't scary. You might get a few jump scares out of the caves, but other than that no.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gizmo

The tension and eeriness is caused by the fact you can't shoot and run.

FACT

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By carlthenimrod

Try playing the game on a harder difficulty. The game is a lot more enjoyable if you are struggling from room to room with no ammo and half dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.