Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

True Horrors

suicidesnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By suicidesnowman

I just got a hold of the Resident Evil 5 demo today. And I played it 5 times because it locked up the first 4.

My main concern is: Why on earth are they still using such an out-moded and inefficient control scheme?

I mean, the official response I saw on Joystiq from a Capcom Blog (here) is

"While RE5 is very action-heavy, the base RE game design mechanic of holding fast while shooting remains," says the Capcom blog. Newcomers to the series may need to make some "mental readjustments," but the controls have remained this way to establish a sense of risk and danger while in combat. The new controls will instead grant "more natural motion to the second analog stick on your 360 or PS3 controller," allowing you to strafe. "

So to make the game more intense, they make it impossible to move without shooting and vice versa? Jesus...

Why don't they just make Chris Redfield that chick with the machine gun leg in that Tarantino movie Grindhouse? I mean, then we'd at least have a legitamte reason to stop while shooting...

I coulda swore the "risk" of combat was being blocked in by invisible barriers, having to re-open doors that close themselves (how polite) while avoiding burlap-sack-wearing, chainsaw-wielding psychopaths and vanilla bad guys that defy the golden rule of one-shot-to-the-head=dead.

In other wonky RE5 antics, the shamblin' not-dead-just-crazies ooze away and sometimes drop magical ammo that glows! What the fuck, really?...I'm pretty sure that in the previous games you were limited in ammo. That actually made the game more suspenseful.

So they want to make the game more action oriented, but not fully commit themselves. That works, I'll just not fully commit to buying this gorgeous-yet-borked game.

Oh, and how about that first demo mission? Mine locks up every time after the first cut scene...

Great Job Capcom, you really managed to fuck this one up royally.

suicidesnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By suicidesnowman

I just got a hold of the Resident Evil 5 demo today. And I played it 5 times because it locked up the first 4.

My main concern is: Why on earth are they still using such an out-moded and inefficient control scheme?

I mean, the official response I saw on Joystiq from a Capcom Blog (here) is

"While RE5 is very action-heavy, the base RE game design mechanic of holding fast while shooting remains," says the Capcom blog. Newcomers to the series may need to make some "mental readjustments," but the controls have remained this way to establish a sense of risk and danger while in combat. The new controls will instead grant "more natural motion to the second analog stick on your 360 or PS3 controller," allowing you to strafe. "

So to make the game more intense, they make it impossible to move without shooting and vice versa? Jesus...

Why don't they just make Chris Redfield that chick with the machine gun leg in that Tarantino movie Grindhouse? I mean, then we'd at least have a legitamte reason to stop while shooting...

I coulda swore the "risk" of combat was being blocked in by invisible barriers, having to re-open doors that close themselves (how polite) while avoiding burlap-sack-wearing, chainsaw-wielding psychopaths and vanilla bad guys that defy the golden rule of one-shot-to-the-head=dead.

In other wonky RE5 antics, the shamblin' not-dead-just-crazies ooze away and sometimes drop magical ammo that glows! What the fuck, really?...I'm pretty sure that in the previous games you were limited in ammo. That actually made the game more suspenseful.

So they want to make the game more action oriented, but not fully commit themselves. That works, I'll just not fully commit to buying this gorgeous-yet-borked game.

Oh, and how about that first demo mission? Mine locks up every time after the first cut scene...

Great Job Capcom, you really managed to fuck this one up royally.

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

they didn't fuck it up at all for me. capcom hasn't fucked up anything imo. by your same logic, then you'd think that street fighter IV is a complete disaster by the fact that its using a horribly dated 3 punch and 3 kick fighting system, with the emphasis on corner-locking and fireballs?

its your opinion and all. if you don't like it then don't play it. its a demo and thr purpose of it was to determine if you would like it or not.

suicidesnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By suicidesnowman

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.