Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Best Way to Enjoy This Game?

Thrashmarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Thrashmarshall

I'm a long time fan of the Resident Evil series, have been for years and will be the first one to admit that I'm something of a fan boy ( I even enjoy the movies for their camp,crappy charm). Like many people my head almost exploded when the first trailer was shown for Resi 6 I was more hyped than a a four year old at Disneyland. As time has gone one however, and more and more of this game is being shown I keep having to tell myself "Just don't expect much from the game and it will probably be pretty good....... or at least not bad"

I'm wondering if the best way to approach the rapidly nearing release of Resi 6 is just to expect it to be mediocre and be pleasantly surprised if it's not? Sounds like stupid gamer logic I know but If I get burnt again like I was with Resi 5 ( I was HYPER HYPED for that game) I'll feel like crying into my S.T.A.R.S mug.

Hype or no hype? Excitement or no excitement? This Key is useless now will you discard it?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JasonR86

Copious amounts of drugs.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#3  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Enjoy it by saving yourself $60 and either renting it or waiting for the price to drop. That way, your expectations can be suitably lowered without as much of a dent in your wallet.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'd say that being one of the Top Editors for the wiki page would do it, but is on there, sooooo........

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

Dunno, if you didn't like 5 I'm guessing you won't like much of 6 either. I say skip it and wait for the inevitable holiday sale madness to pick it up at a discount. Also make sure you play it co-op with someone who will watch the cutscenes.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ExplodeMode

If you are willing to lower your expectations to like something, but still pay full price, you're either rich or a total sucker.

Thrashmarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thrashmarshall

@ExplodeMode: I guess what I mean by lowering my expectations is to "take the game for what it is" but you make a good point.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By FourWude

A pinch of seasalt and rosemary taken with copious lashings of denial.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Jeust

No hype and no excitement. I'm seduced by the game, but I don't have many expectations about it. It will be great in coop and poor in singleplayer to me.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Dixego

Just don't believe it's gonna get any better than the last game.

Thrashmarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thrashmarshall

Haha,I've yet to see anyone, anywhere, come out and say "It's gonna be great" and not mean it in a sarcastic way. Goddamn Capcom....

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Nubster

Illegally. It's the only way to enjoy it right now, if there is enjoyment to be had.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#13  Edited By MightyDuck

I'm excited for the game, although my excitement seems to have tapered a bit. In my mind, nothing can compare to the original trilogy on Playstation 1. I just loved the whole gather keys, items, etc. and find out where they go. It seems like the newer Resident Evils are just action games. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed RE5 (especially the mansion DLC).

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Wemibelle

I'll play it. From the way it's looking to turn out, I will probably wait a long while, though. I haven't actually played it myself but the Quick Look made it look absolutely terrible and I don't have much faith.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By DarthOrange

@Thrashmarshall: I'm super duper hyped! Fuck all the haters dude. If you are hyped for this game you say your fucking hyped! I'm not gonna try to impress some some smug assholes on the internet. IGN seems to like it too based on this article, but then again I only read up to the spoiler warning. I loved both RE4 and RE5, and I enjoy the movies as well. I am looking forward to sinking some more time into mercenaries, and therefore the PS3 version seems like the way to go. RE5's online community never died out and it was never hard to find a match online at any point in time, something I think is mainly because of the worldwide appeal of both the PS3 and Resident Evil.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Solh0und

As someone that went on "Blackout" mode for this game, I'm definitely looking forward to playing this game. I may not be purchasing it, but I'll rent it at least.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CptBedlam

Freeze yourself and play it in 20 years when the general opinion has changed to "actually it was pretty good" and it is mentioned in many "what are the most underappreciated games?"-threads.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ajamafalous

I only watched the first trailer for it but it looks pretty good. It looks to be an extension of RE5, which is my favorite RE game (yeah suck it 4). I'm definitely excited for the co-op but I'm going to wait for the Steam price drop as I do with every other game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.