Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Sherry Birkin confirmed?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

IGN posted up a story stating that the ''Ashley Graham'' character that so many people were dead-set on, is actually Sherry Birkin, the little girl (who will at least be 22 by RE6, if that ''10 years after the Raccoon City incident'' time-line is the same across all stories) from RE2 with a unique form of domestic abuse to get over--her dad turned into a ever-mutating monster who ''impregnated'' her with his embryo (which was mostly destroyed..), and her mother was crazy bint who apparently thought the extra four spikes protruding out of her husband was a good look for him. Also she was very distant with her daughter, just to put a cherry on top.

Anywhoo it would kinda make sense if this is Sherry. Both Sherry and Steve were eventually plucked up by Wesker across the story, so if the new guy does turn out to be Steve, then it could mean that the two built up a bond, escaped whoever knows when, became mercenaries for whatever reason, were taught Martial Arts by Jackie Chan, and BAM.... well, by BAM, I mean whatever they get up in RE6.

That's only going along with the theory that it is Steve, though, but whether or not the woman is Sherry Birkin seems pretty much solidified. IGN were spot on with their information about the trailer before the trailer was posted, so I think it's fair to trust 'em about this as well.

Finally bringing back Sherry to the story certainly took them along enough in any case; she was initially planned to star in RE5 as the ''Bird Lady'' instead of Jill, but instead they replaced her with Jill because pfffffttt fuck knows.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

She'd be better as the Bird Lady.
    Jill never got back into what she was before RE5.

Awesome zombie killer with a beret, and she's the master of unlocking. 
    Now she's just a blonde (Virus did it, lol!) silly wannabe martial artist.

I hope there's loads of connectivity in this game's story, I'm not much for RE's story but I do like to dip into it, so more known/old characters together AND old fashioned zombies does sound great!

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I guess it's possible but that voice was absolutely Ashley's and it very strongly resembled her. It would seem insane to me to use what has to be exactly the same voice actress for Ashley and Sherry, unless through some weird means they got that woman in for temp voice acting work, which wouldn't make much sense to me, because temp work is usually not done by actual established voice actors.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I guess that's possible. But that voice was definitely Ashley's.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

She'd be better as the Bird Lady. Jill never got back into what she was before RE5. Awesome zombie killer with a beret, and she's the master of unlocking. Now she's just a blonde (Virus did it, lol!) silly wannabe martial artist. I hope there's loads of connectivity in this game's story, I'm not much for RE's story but I do like to dip into it, so more known/old characters together AND old fashioned zombies does sound great!

They're at least trying to appease those complaints by giving us more of her masterful unlocking ways with the Lost in Nightmares RE5 DLC and Revelations--even if that baseball hat is no contender against a beret :P--but those both are prequels... as is RE6 to some extent. Who knows where they'll take Jill from here; maybe the blonde hair could just be a side-effect of the virus and she'll revert to her brunette self. All that stupid hissing and running around like a panther, though... that's going to be tougher to counter >_>

Also zombies do sound great. They also dive into the air pretty great, too. :o

@Marokai said:

I guess it's possible but that voice was absolutely Ashley's and it very strongly resembled her. It would seem insane to me to use what has to be exactly the same voice actress for Ashley and Sherry, unless through some weird means they got that woman in for temp voice acting work, which wouldn't make much sense to me, because temp work is usually not done by actual established voice actors.

I thought she did sound like her, but Ashley's VA also just happens to sound like every other American white-bread chick, so I wasn't completely sold that it was her. Sherry I never guessed, though... I was hoping she would factor into things (like becoming a villain, even) and it's nice to see they're showing their lesser prominent cast some love. Now all we need id Rebecca, Barry and Billy and we got our B(iohazard)-Team. ^_____________________________^

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Elazul

@Abyssfull said:

Finally bringing back Sherry to the story certainly took them along enough in any case; she was initially planned to star in RE5 as the ''Bird Lady'' instead of Jill, but instead they replaced her with Jill because pfffffttt fuck knows.

Yeah, that would've made a hell of a lot more sense. I'm actually kinda disappointed in Capcom after hearing that.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

I never had heard the rumors of her being Ashley, but I'd be surprised if it were her. It just wouldn't make much sense. It being Sherry makes more sense, but I had a smile on my face when they had mentioned both Ashley and Sherry as the possibility of her being that character. I really enjoy IGN's Rewinds, because you'll often catch things you wouldn't catch in the trailer, and opinions of things you probably wouldn't have thought of, but I guess that's what it's about in the first place. Aside from this game looking like it's taking a new route, which can end up being good or bad, I'm 99 percent excited about this game. By the way... you think the character could be Steve Burnside? Man, I had never really come up with these thoughts when watching the trailer.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@Elazul said:

@Abyssfull said:

Yeah, that would've made a hell of a lot more sense. I'm actually kinda disappointed in Capcom after hearing that.

Oh yeah, RE5 was originally a pretty different game during early development. Chris was on his own, the overbearing heat was meant to play a part within the gameplay, affecting your vision forcing Chris to take shade after so long... man, just Chris being on his own would of changed things dramatically. And for the better. But alas, here we are...

Toxin45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Toxin45

Man I miss Albert I hope his ghosts haunts and follows his brother Alex like Fettel did with Point Man in F.E.A.R.3.Also as for Sherry so I found out later in Wikia cause I got an account and they got that from some game website

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By biggiedubs

Sherry was my initial thought about who the woman was, but I could see it being either her or Ashley. Though, considering the President is also in the trailer, it would make more sense if it was Ashley. It's weird because Leon looked a lot older than RE4 (to me at least) but Chris looked exactly like he did in 4, does that make sense time-line wise? 6 taking place after 5, and RE4 taking place around 4-5 years before that?

I'd never heard Sherry was supposed to have been RE5, that would have definitely been a better reveal, but then again that would mean Capcom could actually write a story that doesn't literally spell out of the twists. I remember the stuff about having to avoid the heat and being alone though, that would have been sweet, but I guess they wanted to keep the action-horror stuff rolling after RE4.

@NTM: Not sure about the Steve Burnside idea. To me, he died in Code Veronica, and there wouldn't be much point bringing him back without Claire, he doesn't seem to coming back any time soon (or maybe she does and it'll be a suprise, who knows). I heard another rumor that it was Hunk, which would make sense since he said something about being a merc pays better. Could be Billy Coen I guess too, but my guess its just a new guy. Not sure about the blonde woman who was with him though.

EDIT: I figured it out guys! She's Lucia from Resident Evil : Gaiden!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abyssfull said:

Oh yeah, RE5 was originally a pretty different game during early development. Chris was on his own, the overbearing heat was meant to play a part within the gameplay, affecting your vision forcing Chris to take shade after so long... man, just Chris being on his own would of changed things dramatically. And for the better. But alas, here we are...

Did they ever get far enough to develop some footage of this?

You know, like how they basically had completely different versions of RE 2 and 4 beta versions

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By beargirl1

oh maan that sounds awesome. i totally thought that was Ashley's voice, though. maybe Ashley is Sherry. that would be an awesome/terrible plot twist

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Abyssfull said:

@Elazul said:

@Abyssfull said:

What a game it could've been!

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CaptainCody

Even though it being Ashley would make even less sense, they sure went out of their way to make it appear that she was her. Now to find out if Mister Bald Scarface is Alex Wesker or some shit.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

@BulletproofMonk said:

I guess that's possible. But that voice was definitely Ashley's.

It could be the same actress voicing a different character. If the game takes place in 2008, or thereabouts, Sherry would be college-aged.

I'd also suspect that it could be Sherry, simply because Capcom has not done anything substantial with the character since Resident Evil 2. Her whereabouts have been a loose thread in the story for years.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel

@Toxin45 said:

Man I miss Albert I hope his ghosts haunts and follows his brother Alex like Fettel did with Point Man in F.E.A.R.3.Also as for Sherry so I found out later in Wikia cause I got an account and they got that from some game website

Man, what.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee

@biggiedubs said:

Sherry was my initial thought about who the woman was, but I could see it being either her or Ashley. Though, considering the President is also in the trailer, it would make more sense if it was Ashley. It's weird because Leon looked a lot older than RE4 (to me at least) but Chris looked exactly like he did in 4, does that make sense time-line wise? 6 taking place after 5, and RE4 taking place around 4-5 years before that?

I'd never heard Sherry was supposed to have been RE5, that would have definitely been a better reveal, but then again that would mean Capcom could actually write a story that doesn't literally spell out of the twists. I remember the stuff about having to avoid the heat and being alone though, that would have been sweet, but I guess they wanted to keep the action-horror stuff rolling after RE4.

@NTM: Not sure about the Steve Burnside idea. To me, he died in Code Veronica, and there wouldn't be much point bringing him back without Claire, he doesn't seem to coming back any time soon (or maybe she does and it'll be a suprise, who knows). I heard another rumor that it was Hunk, which would make sense since he said something about being a merc pays better. Could be Billy Coen I guess too, but my guess its just a new guy. Not sure about the blonde woman who was with him though.

EDIT: I figured it out guys! She's Lucia from Resident Evil : Gaiden!

Leon will look older while Chris will still relatively look the same because it takes place in 2008--or at least some of it will. In any case, it's at least been 4 years since RE4, whereas for Chris it may one year before RE5. Also Leon's constantly having his look changed; in the original RE2 he was ginger with a longer face, in RE4 his face was much rounder his hair was dirty blonde and he was made to look much more handsome overall, and then in Degeneration they made him look Asian... It's like after so many years Leon just decides to go under the knife out of boredom. But I like the way he looks in RE6 anywhoo, for lack of a better word, he just looks cool. :P

I really don't think it's HUNK, and that merc line wouldn't make sense considering he isn't actually a merc, but a U.S.S operative. It could of been a throwaway gag directed at his numerous Mercenary minigame appearances, but it's far too big of a jump all the same for someone who was barely even a character to begin with, to be thrown up as a lead protagonist just like that. As for Steve, I think he more than likely resurrected by Wesker (who stated that he could, too) hence why he's still alive. The shots themselves could even be what he uses to keep his T-Veronica infection at bay so he doesn't Ogre out and turn into the Hunchback Hulk. It definitely isn't Billy because it doesn't look anything like him (which goes against my Leon segment, but Leon always still ''looks'' like Leon, even with some facial changes n stuff); I mean he has ginger hair for starters.

Oh and lol at Lucia ;P

@TeflonBilly said:

@Abyssfull said:

Did they ever get far enough to develop some footage of this?

You know, like how they basically had completely different versions of RE 2 and 4 beta versions

There was nothing quite like those two that was previewed since a lot of the differences were primarily centred within the plot. Though there's the 2007 trailer which shows Chris (with a different voice-actor, too) battling some of the stages on his own.

@Cloudenvy:

No Caption Provided

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Abyssfull: I'm not!

I'm one of those guys who didn't like how RE5 turned out at all. D:

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By obscurefan

Oh wow she would have been better as the Bird Lady, never even knew that was in the talks. Plus it wouldn't have dramatically changed Jill for all future games. But I don't know if it's Sherry yet, simply because Gametrailers also confirmed from a source that it was Ashley, so that makes two sites both saying it's someone different. I can totally see it being Sherry, but I can also see it being Ashley simply because she is the President's daughter, and he does play a large roll in this, the voice actress sounds almost identical, and she looks a little older to me than Sherry would be at this age, plus the village they're running through seems to be a European village that looks very much like the one she ran through in RE4.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By N7

Hey guys, N7 here. Decided to try and do something to make your lives a little bit easier, while also keeping it fresh and interesting. So I've merged a field of investigative journalism with contemporary art. And here is the result. I call it: "Who exactly is the mystery lady featured in the Resident Evil 6 trailer? Some say Sherry Birkin, others say Ashley Graham. Spurkles."

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By kingzetta

but that was fucking ashly's voice

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By N7

Conclusive evidence as to the identity of the mystery man of Resident Evil 6. Again, I break the boundaries of what investigative journalism and contemporary art can be. I present you with: A day at the beach.

No Caption Provided
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By kingzetta
    @N7: oh fuck he does look like cole
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Yummylee

@obscurefan said:

Oh wow she would have been better as the Bird Lady, never even knew that was in the talks. Plus it wouldn't have dramatically changed Jill for all future games. But I don't know if it's Sherry yet, simply because Gametrailers also confirmed from a source that it was Ashley, so that makes two sites both saying it's someone different. I can totally see it being Sherry, but I can also see it being Ashley simply because she is the President's daughter, and he does play a large roll in this, the voice actress sounds almost identical, and she looks a little older to me than Sherry would be at this age, plus the village they're running through seems to be a European village that looks very much like the one she ran through in RE4.

There's definitely a lot of conflicting information being thrown around from all kinds of publications it seems. I feel like they both have reason to star in the game (and who knows, maybe both will?) so weighing the evidence and possible motivations of the characters leaves me at a stand still. I feel like until there's something much more concrete (new trailer, press release from CAPCOM), there's no definite choice.

Oh and also, I want to point that I'm not the guy who's been twiddling around with the page wiki concerning the ashley/sherry character. Just in case you ever had that impression ;P

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By obscurefan

@Abyssfull said:

Oh and also, I want to point that I'm not the guy who's been twiddling around with the page wiki concerning the ashley/sherry character. Just in case you ever had that impression ;P

Haha, okay, I understand why someone would so it's no big deal.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yummylee

Well it seems that if Ashley is in fact the blondie, she apparently isn't being voiced by her RE4 voice-actress, Carolyn Lawrence, which is sure to surprise a lot of people since it was the voice that sold so many on it being her. If this is true and not a red herring (which I doubt CAPCOM would really go to the effort), then I'm not surprised. Like I've said previously, even if she does sound like Ashley, Ashley also does still happen to sound an awful lot like any other young white-bread American chick.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By N7

Welcome to another installment of "WHO?" where I, N7 L. Copenhagen III get to the bottom of the questions that's been eating you away, all the while blending mediums of investigative journalism and contemporary art.

No Caption Provided
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Yummylee

@N7:RE6 blonde's ears are too flat; Ashley's were sticking out so much you think she was Disney's Dumbo in a past life. Also again, Ashley's VA denied, brah!

Unrelated note: we also gotta get that god damn damning damn-it-all darn diggity Cooperative Adventure Crushing nailed to the wall sometime.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hailinel

I love how one trailer has caused this much confusion and speculation regarding the identity of a single character. I particularly enjoy the hilarity of how the Giant Bomb wiki can't even seem to keep the character's identity straight. (This is why characters should never be added to game pages before their identities are confirmed.)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Yummylee

@Hailinel said:

I love how one trailer has caused this much confusion and speculation regarding the identity of a single character. I particularly enjoy the hilarity of how the Giant Bomb wiki can't even seem to keep the character's identity straight. (This is why characters should never be added to game pages before their identities are confirmed.)

That's two characters actually. Also yeah, the unspoken Sherry/Ashley debacle going on in the wiki is rehonkulous.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By N7
    @Abyssfull: I refuse to believe her VA denied. I fucking HEARD her before I saw her. Her image had nothing to do with the connection to who she was.

I FUCKING REFUSE!!!!

EDIT: This is the "It's Sunny!" "No it's Raiden!" shit caused by the promotional Rising poster.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Yummylee

@N7: The what now? How the hell would people of thought Cyborg Raiden was Sunny? At least this comparison between Ashley/Sherry makes sense.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By N7
    @Abyssfull: Because people are stupid. :(
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#34  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Man, this is what I miss about Resident Evil: People debating about plot points as if the overall story of the series was in any way coherent and not full of plot holes, inconsistencies and constant retconning. It's delicious candy for my brain!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Yummylee

@ArbitraryWater said:

Man, this is what I miss about Resident Evil: People debating about plot points as if the overall story of the series was in any way coherent and not full of plot holes, inconsistencies and constant retconning. It's delicious candy for my brain!

Ehhhh, mockers gonna mock.

EDIT: Though the retconning part really doesn't make sense (minus the fate of Wesker from RE1 to Veronica), and the only reason it's probably seen as incoherent to some is because it's big. It's about as expansive, and probably less confusing, as the MGS and Yakuza series I'd say.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.