Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resonance of Fate

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jan 28, 2010

A "gun battle" RPG developed at tri-Ace in collaboration with SEGA.

Bonus Shot timing help.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I think I've pretty much gotten to know everything about the battle system in RoF now and I can pull things off very fast and fluid. Lately though I've been trying to do some more bonus shots but I'm having trouble understanding how exactly I'm supposed to execute them. I can get the enemy into the air no problem, it's just that I get confused when the icon for the bonus shot appears (the circle with yellow part that you have to land on). Sometimes when the icon appears after attacking an airborne enemy the bonus shot thing will start and the cursor will start moving around the circle, but most other times it just goes away.  

I've tried pressing A when the icon appears but it seems to be random, I'm just looking for a little more clarification. Thanks.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xyzygy

Anyone...?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By DocHaus
    @xyzygy:  I don't have my console right now so I can't quite check this, but each time you do a running heroic action you increase the chance that the bonus shot will appear. If you push A, you have to land the needle inside the yellow part of the circle or else you lose the bonus chance. Hit A just before you think it will touch the yellow section to hit it. If you think the bonus target is too small, then hit B and you can bank it for later when you do another running action, then your chance of hitting it will become a little bigger.

Hope this helps.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy
    @DocHaus: Sweet that sounds awesome. I had no idea about the whole banking thing so I'll try that

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.