Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Respawn Entertainment

Company »

Formed by ex-Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella, Respawn Entertainment is a game development company owned by EA.

EA is buying Respawn (and possibly announces Titanfall 3)

• 57 results
    archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By archer88

@conmulligan said:

Man, I just thinking that Respawn would've been a perfect studio for Microsoft to pick up. At least we'll get Titanfall 3, I guess.

Yeah, Jeff or Brad mentioned during some of the Xbox One X coverage that Microsoft has indicated they're looking to acquire some studios and build up their first party offerings. The first studio that popped into my head was Respawn; just seemed like a good fit considering that TF2 is one of the few multi-platform games from this generation that appears to be stronger on Xbox than PS4. That's just anecdotal from looking at active players in the MP, BTW. Either way, not gonna happen now. Hopefully EA doesn't fuck with them too much.

@mems1224 said:

Maybe Titanfall 3 will actually be good now instead of the massive disappointment that was Titanfall 2.

Hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but a massive disappointment? That's really counter to the opinion most people have of that game. Genuinely curious why you disliked so much.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By soulcake

RIP Respawn. Also Microsoft should have bought the studio, great talent and there in need of new first party studios. This could have being a great pick !

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By BoOzak

@splodge said:

I worry that Titanfall will be a loot box cluster fuck. It already has the potential. Imagine instead of gradually charging your Titan, you had to get Titan charges from loot boxes. There may be moments when you can go a whole game with no ability to call one in. Sounds a little ridiculous, but I do not think that it is far fetched.

Or they could just bring back burn cards only this time charge for them, as that's basically what Battlefront 2 is doing. I know this is naive wishful thinking but I really hope critics and fans publically bashing lootboxes means that this trend wont be as common as it has been these last couple of years by the time TF3 comes out. But the cynic in me knows the people who enable this shit make up for enough sales that it utimately doesnt matter.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

On one hand, I expect Respawn's future projects to be properly advertised, given a fair chance, and not launched alongside any of their other tentpole releases, especially those in the same genre.

On the other hand, this is EA. They haven't exactly built up much good will, at least for me, these past few years.

Darknorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So two years from now Respawn is being shut down, huh?

acertaindeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#57  Edited By acertaindeath

This sucks more than ever because of how many hours I've put into TF2, both on PC and console. However, I do see a bit of a silver lining.

Yes, the Respawn team gets to fight another day and everyone keeps there jobs. Also I wouldn't overlook the fact that Nexon had made the first move. That, in my opinion, probably would have been the final nail in the coffin.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I'm thinking is that I picture Vince Zampella just raking it in, what with the Activision settlement years ago, and now this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.