Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Respawn Entertainment

Company »

Formed by ex-Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella, Respawn Entertainment is a game development company owned by EA.

I'm starting to wonder...

akzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By akzo

Are the legal issues with Activision taking away from their current project? Will we ever see a game come out of this studio, or will this turn out like another John Carmac situation?

Big name talent working with a large team, large budget, but apparently no time line. I'm sure EA had to agree to give them almost total freedom to sign them, and from what I've seen in the past this leads to a breakdown in urgency, long delays and in the end not that great of a game.

They've released a website, one blurry image, and a forum that is mostly dead except for some occasional Activision / COD Hate.

What do you think is the current situation with these guys?

PS: I have no idea why I needed to write this...

Consaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Consaw

I would bet that they are waiting to see the verdict in the lawsuit before announcing anything, since they may loose profits if a judge rules in Activisions favor. They might also be waiting for the next console generation at this point.

Ehker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ehker

E3 tends to suck up all major announcements, and especially if one of the console makers signed an exclusive deal for their next game it'll be big news to wow the E3 crowd for the unveil.

Also, as we approach the next generation of consoles devs can't reveal their next gen games before the console makers reveal them.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thedj93

patience. from what I figure, they are either still team-building or taking the time necessary to devise a new world that would be a hit with millions of gamers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.