Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Endless Setlist Achievement (360 Version)

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Tylea002

Now, I know the achievement says: No Pausing. But, I had a thought. Pressing the guide button does not enter the pause menu, and changes nothing in the RB2 game. Is it possible to pause like this and still get the achievement? I haven't tried it, and it would be pointless to redo the whole setlist and try it once, but does anyone actually know if it may be possible?

Avatar image for daeth_on_demand
    Daeth_On_Demand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Daeth_On_Demand

No, I'm 99% sure that Harmonix released something that basically said you cannot stop the note charts or the "in-between-song-cut-scenes" in any way.  The guide button stops both of those, so it would negate you from getting the achievement.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

Guide disables the achievement. Kind of an obvious answer if you ask me. Pee before the setlist then go to town! I did this achievement already, was a sweaty six hours.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

You have to do it on expert though right Vinchenzo? How the fuck did you get through GGHT?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Gorillawhat said:
    "You have to do it on expert though right Vinchenzo? How the fuck did you get through GGHT?"
    This is Rock Band 2, so Green Grass High Tides [I presume is what you refer to] is not on the setlist. Only the 84 or so default songs, DLC content being excluded. It does not have to be on Expert, although there are achievements for beating it on Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert. These are stackable and secret achievements.
    OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Uggh, I did the endless setlist on expert vocals and didn't pause. Then comes Rob the Prez-o-dent (which is approximately song #70 out of 84) which I fail because that guy sings like Christopher Walken talks. I don't see why that song isn't all talky. No problems before that song and no problems after it either. I was pissed.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Timma1083

There are two different types of achievements that come from the Endless Setlist: The Bladder of Steel and the Difficulty Achievements. The Difficulty Achievements are just "Beat The Endless Setlist on (Insert Difficulty Here)". For these, you can pause/fail a song and still get the achievement. The Bladder of Steel (Which is what you are talking about) is the one where you can not stop in any form (Failing/Pausing, and yes the Guide Button counts as pausing).

Avatar image for daeth_on_demand
    Daeth_On_Demand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Daeth_On_Demand
    OneEyedNinja7 said:
    "Uggh, I did the endless setlist on expert vocals and didn't pause. Then comes Rob the Prez-o-dent (which is approximately song #70 out of 84) which I fail because that guy sings like Christopher Walken talks. I don't see why that song isn't all talky. No problems before that song and no problems after it either. I was pissed."
    Dude - same deal.  Luckily I was only going for the Platinum Artist achievement, not the Bladder of Steel achievement.  I failed out on Rob the Prez-O-Dent and Shackler's Revenge.  Seriously, I'd never heard the songs before, and trying to sight-sing them was next to impossible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.