Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Harmonix got sued!

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

Edited By damnboyadvance

Yeah, so recently, the kick pedal on my drums set broke. Yes, I was and still am real pissed off, but guess who's coming to the rescue? The system of lawsuits!!! Yes, Harmonix has been sued, and it's over the controversial problem with the kick pedal. According to the plaintiff, Harmonix is in violation of the implied warranty that all items of Rock Band were of "merchantable quality and fit for the purpose for which defendants marketed, advertised, and sold such products to plaintiff and the proposed class." In other words, they are upset because if the kick pedal does break, they don't replace it and you can't play it the way it was advertised. The suit also mentions that Harmonix and MTV Games were aware of this problem, but continued to sell the game as it was. It also notes the change on the Rock Band 2 drum set to a metal kick petal, yet the original version remains to be plastic.

The plaintiff Morgan and those he is representing are seeking reimbursement for the cost of the Rock Band kit, for MTV Games and Harmonix to stop selling the defective item, and any other damages deemed by the court.

If you want to know why I support this, it's because my kick pedal has broken, and they have refused to fix it since the warranty has passed. Even though I plan to buy Rock Band 2, I am upset because I couldn't play it because the kick pedal broke and I couldn't replace it. So yes, I, of course, do want this reimbursement.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By damnboyadvance

Yeah, so recently, the kick pedal on my drums set broke. Yes, I was and still am real pissed off, but guess who's coming to the rescue? The system of lawsuits!!! Yes, Harmonix has been sued, and it's over the controversial problem with the kick pedal. According to the plaintiff, Harmonix is in violation of the implied warranty that all items of Rock Band were of "merchantable quality and fit for the purpose for which defendants marketed, advertised, and sold such products to plaintiff and the proposed class." In other words, they are upset because if the kick pedal does break, they don't replace it and you can't play it the way it was advertised. The suit also mentions that Harmonix and MTV Games were aware of this problem, but continued to sell the game as it was. It also notes the change on the Rock Band 2 drum set to a metal kick petal, yet the original version remains to be plastic.

The plaintiff Morgan and those he is representing are seeking reimbursement for the cost of the Rock Band kit, for MTV Games and Harmonix to stop selling the defective item, and any other damages deemed by the court.

If you want to know why I support this, it's because my kick pedal has broken, and they have refused to fix it since the warranty has passed. Even though I plan to buy Rock Band 2, I am upset because I couldn't play it because the kick pedal broke and I couldn't replace it. So yes, I, of course, do want this reimbursement.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JamesF

My kick pedal also broke recently, and I needed an upgrade, so I just bought the wireless ones. I recommend them if you're thinking of buying a new set.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coltonio7

3 cheers for lawsuits!!

Good job America ;)

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By dsplayer1010

Is it possible to buy just a new kick?

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By daniel_beck_90

all the Ace Attorneys rock , 

Harmonix needs to be taught a lesson

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By zityz

yea my buddies kick petal broke on him twice. It was a clean cut the first time, after duct tape and some patch work we got about 15 more songs out of it before the lower half of the petal shattered. I ended up getting the RB2 set and it IS a nicer set.

I think they kept the crappy sets out on the market just to get rid of them, and so people would just buy the RB2 set, instead.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

Same thing could be said for the 360 hardware...................

wizzardjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wizzardjeff

my kick pedals been broken for about 5 months now and the electrical tape is still holding it together:P

Avatar image for darkenzanarikado
    DarkEnzanArikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By DarkEnzanArikado

Heh...this isn't the stupidest lawsuit ever. The stupidest one was when some company tried to sue nvidia from selling their cards in the us. That was pretty hilarious. People can really pull stupid shit these days.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Snipzor

Oh the grand irony of the lawsuit. The only thing from Rock Band that broke for me was the guitar, yet the drums stayed in perfect condition. Must be because my damn xbox keeps breaking and karma is making it up for me...

Thanks karma, *jerk*.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DoctorTran

I'm just going to make myself a metal plate for my kick pedal.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Mine hasn't broke, so I support HMX!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.