Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

Squier Stratocaster Rock Band 3 Guitar Detailed!

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DrBeardface
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By natetodamax

Jeez, March 1st? That's disappointing, almost as much as that price. Gonna have to save up I guess.

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DrBeardface
    @natetodamax said:
    " Jeez, March 1st? That's disappointing, almost as much as that price. Gonna have to save up I guess. "
    It's based off Fender's regular Squier electric guitar, just with a thicker neck with all the extra sensors and whatnot.  That standard goes for $250, so I'm pretty glad the extra Rock Band 3 stuff didn't push the price up crazily high.
    Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Malakhii

The price I'm fine with........ It's the date that sucks. Much further out then I thought. They're missing those Christmas buys by pushing this so far out. I'm sure most people will even have spent their gift cards by then.  

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai

300$ for a shitty guitar? 

I'd rather buy a PS3 or something jesus.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Sin4profit
    @natetodamax said:
    " Jeez, March 1st? That's disappointing, almost as much as that price. Gonna have to save up I guess. "
    i actually thought it was going to be priced much higher...now i'm suspicious of how terrible it is as both a controller and a guitar.
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Dark_Jon
    @Sin4profit: Yeah, definitely. I need to see a lot of reviews to make sure the quality is decent. I really hope they can come through. It would suck if it was just an overpriced controller that you would never want to actually play.
    Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Catarrhal

You guys need only be "suspicious" of the Mad Catz controller, not this. In 2004, I bought an American Telecaster that cost nearly a thousand dollars. A few years later, I bought a Squier 51 for just $99. Yes, the Telecaster may have cost ten times more, but does it truly sound and feel ten times better? Hardly. Inexperienced guitar players, in this case, could scarcely hope to tell the difference from one instrument to the next (despite the notion that the American Telecaster is amazing). The Squier 51 in particular has developed a cult following. There are reasons for this, but ultimately, sure: it's possible to go out and spend $10,000 on a Jimmy Page signature model Les Paul, but don't expect to sound anything like him. In fact, he actually played a lot of his best stuff on a Fender Telecaster (e.g. the guitar solo on "Stairway to Heaven").

Of course, buying a third-rate instrument is very much still possible, but for a student model guitar, one could do a hell of a lot worse than Squier. @Dark_Jon: You should look to guitar magazines for reviews of this thing.

Here's a question: how many of you skeptics actually play guitar? Personally, I've been playing for about fourteen years.

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DrBeardface
    @Catarrhal said:
    " You guys need only be "suspicious" of the Mad Catz controller, not this. In 2004, I bought an American Telecaster that cost nearly a thousand dollars. A few years later, I bought a Squier 51 for just $99. Yes, the Telecaster may have cost ten times more, but does it truly sound and feel ten times better? Hardly. Inexperienced guitar players, in this case, could scarcely hope to tell the difference from one instrument to the next (despite the notion that the American Telecaster is amazing). The Squier 51 in particular has developed a cult following. There are reasons for this, but ultimately, sure: it's possible to go out and spend $10,000 on a Jimmy Page signature model Les Paul, but don't expect to sound anything like him. In fact, he actually played a lot of his best stuff on a Fender Telecaster (e.g. the guitar solo on "Stairway to Heaven").

Of course, buying a third-rate instrument is very much still possible, but for a student model guitar, one could do a hell of a lot worse than Squier. @Dark_Jon: You should look to guitar magazines for reviews of this thing.Here's a question: how many of you skeptics actually play guitar? Personally, I've been playing for about fourteen years. "
    I have taken some lessons and played a guitar.  Let's just leave it at that. 

The Squier is a decent beginner guitar.  I think most people are worried more about how well the Rock Band additions will work and how accurate they'll be.  Still really excited for it, though.
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dark_Jon
    @Catarrhal: You're right. It's just that online, I've seen a lot of hate for the Squier so I've been kind of cautious.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ajamafalous

Well, so much for that.

fang273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fang273
    @Catarrhal said:
    " You guys need only be "suspicious" of the Mad Catz controller, not this. In 2004, I bought an American Telecaster that cost nearly a thousand dollars. A few years later, I bought a Squier 51 for just $99. Yes, the Telecaster may have cost ten times more, but does it truly sound and feel ten times better? Hardly. Inexperienced guitar players, in this case, could scarcely hope to tell the difference from one instrument to the next (despite the notion that the American Telecaster is amazing). The Squier 51 in particular has developed a cult following. There are reasons for this, but ultimately, sure: it's possible to go out and spend $10,000 on a Jimmy Page signature model Les Paul, but don't expect to sound anything like him. In fact, he actually played a lot of his best stuff on a Fender Telecaster (e.g. the guitar solo on "Stairway to Heaven").

Of course, buying a third-rate instrument is very much still possible, but for a student model guitar, one could do a hell of a lot worse than Squier. @Dark_Jon: You should look to guitar magazines for reviews of this thing.Here's a question: how many of you skeptics actually play guitar? Personally, I've been playing for about fourteen years. "
    Squiers are fairly consistent guitar to guitar. American and MiM strats and teles are a lot more hit-and-miss, just like any expensive gibson or expensive guitar in general. If you spent nearly a grand on an american telly and found a strat that sounds better, either you shouldn't have gotten that telecaster, or you found an amazing squier.

As far as the rock band strat goes, I'm not paying $280 for a squier strat that looks like a toy.
    Icadae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Icadae
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By 234r2we232

The Rock Band 3 forums say Hi.

Also, it is a real guitar with specially designed electronic innards for use with a video game. That price seems about right (so long as they have it in baby blue or mint green :D).

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#15  Edited By TobyD81

Can't wait, this is the one I've been looking forward to. It's just a bit cheaper than I expected, and I'm really interested to see what I can learn from the game. I don't mind if this is just a basic guitar, it beats the hell out of paying for lessons.

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DrBeardface
    @sofacitysweetheart
    The Rock Band 3 forums say Hi.

Also, it is a real guitar with specially designed electronic innards for use with a video game. That price seems about right (so long as they have it in baby blue or mint green :D).
    Yeah, got overly excited and posted in the wrong section. I've been waiting for news on this since I saw the live demo.

Mint green would be cool, or off-white. I hope they have color options available when they first come out.
    Domeuhlome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Domeuhlome

HOOOOLLLLYYY CCCRRRAAAAAPPP Is that really the price?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.