Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

Title Update Tomorrow, Black Hole Sun and Dani California Return

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By SMTDante89

From the Rock Band forums:

Hey gang,

With a solid year of Rock Band 3 under our belts, we’ve got another small title update coming out on Tuesday November 8th for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. We’ve pulled together notes for previous updates and it has always been well received by those of you in the community, so we’re doing the same for the one coming out tomorrow.

While there are several legal and security tweaks going in (which we won’t be able to address specifically, but honestly shouldn’t alter your RB3 experience in any way), there are also a few changes to gameplay that address some requests and comments we’ve received from the community since the last update.

• Soundgarden’s “Black Hole Sun” and the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Dani California” will now be available in Rock Band 3. These were songs from the RB1 disc that were not previously available via export, but thanks to some music licensing magic you’ll be able to play these fan favorite tracks in RB3. These songs should be visible to anyone that previously imported RB1, but if you have additional questions related to export you can consult support articles here.

• We’ve corrected an issue where playing combinations of “Surfing with the Alien,” “Satch Boogie,” “The Hockey Theme” and “Caprici di Diablo” in a set list resulted in a crash.

• We’ve added an additional filter option for songs in your library. In addition to sorting by lighter rating, this new option will allow users to hide 1 Lighter rated songs that you don’t want to see in your set list, which should allow for more effective organization of the growing library of RB content.

This title update should not interfere with the regular DLC release and you’ll be prompted to accept the update when firing up Rock Band 3 on 11/8.

Thanks to everyone for supporting Rock Band 3 over the last year. It means a lot to have such a dedicated community and we’re happy to be able to respond to your feedback and suggestions by bringing back some much loved songs and improving elements of game play for a title you clearly love. Feel free to comment on the contents of the update in the main RB forum, we’ll be reading!

So how many of you are excited that Black Hole Sun and Dani California are returning? How about the other updates, like being able to hide songs you rate with one lighter?

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By swoxx

They need to update the store. I want options to see which of my friends has what songs and options to sort thereafter. How awesome would it be if you could go into the RB store and sort by # of friends who own. For example "8 of your friends own this song" and so forth.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By scarace360

Finally they need to stop losing licensing agreements.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By EvilDingo

Man... Just wanted to play this and noticed to my surprise I had to go through an update.

@SMTDante89: I'm totally excited about finally being able to play those 2 songs again! I played them both extensively in RB2.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By 234r2we232

@Swoxx said:

They need to update the store. I want options to see which of my friends has what songs and options to sort thereafter. How awesome would it be if you could go into the RB store and sort by # of friends who own. For example "8 of your friends own this song" and so forth.

I often wondered the same thing. I thought that was what the RB "App" on XBL was going to be for... boo that. I can only assume it has something to do with an MS rule where maybe they're not able to use that information publicly?

It'd probably only tell what I already knew, that all the people on my friends list are crazy and own most of the DLC :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.