Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

When Should I Do Pro Drums?

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By thebignasty

I'm going to buy the new RB3 drums, but I'm not sure what the best approach to pro mode is.  I could play some stuff (not perfectly or anything) on hard with the normal drum set in previous rock bands.  Should I keep playing hard drums and get up to expert before doing pro mode on songs, or should I just jump into pro mode right away and leave the difficulty at easy or medium?

tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By tmlim

I was thinking about this myself.  I've been hearing that switching to Pro you will be 1 skill level lower.  So if you're Expert on normal Drums, you'll probably be on Hard for Pro Drums.

When I get my cymbal pack, I'm probably just going to switch Pro right away and go down to Medium from Hard.  I want to get used to the cymbals right away.  Plus it will be more fun!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

If I were you, I'd just make the jump right away. It's really not a whole lot different. Your biggest challenge will be developing memory of exactly where the cymbals are, and you'll probably swing and hit air a few times as you're getting used to it. I've actually never used the regular madcatz cymbals but that was the toughest part for me when I got my IONs.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By skrutop

Just go for it straight away.  I played RB2 with the cymbals, and it really only took me a couple of weeks to get comfortable with them.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Afroman269

Rock Band 3 drums? I thought there was only the RB 2 drums with the cymbals you buy separately and then the ION drums.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By skrutop
    @Afroman269 said:

" Rock Band 3 drums? I thought there was only the RB 2 drums with the cymbals you buy separately and then the ION drums. "

They sell a RB3 kit that has the drums and cymbals all in one box.  The drum pads are identical to RB2's.
    holybins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By holybins

Just jump right into pro-drums, as you'll want to get used to hitting cymbals as soon as you can.  Moving from expert RB2 drums to expert RB3 pro drums still has me messing up when I'm supposed to be hitting cymbals but I instinctively go for the pads. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.