Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Franchise »

The Rock Band franchise introduced the first rhythm game to incorporate drums and vocals in addition to guitar and bass instruments, creating a virtual band. It was also the first franchise to include genre staples such as Band World Tour, and character customization.

Music Licenses and Music Games

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By melcene

So, it occurred to me, with the demise of Guitar Hero, what licenses did the GH franchise hold that we would hope to see show up in RB now?  Metallica, Aerosmith, Van Halen are the licenses I can think of that they held, although I think there are others that weren't made into separate games, but that GH seemed to have the lone rights to.  Thoughts from my fellow music game players?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I think Tool was one that they had nailed down. I don't really like them though, so I wouldn't care if RB got them. I'm not coming up with any others off the top of my head.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Marcsman

If they could get Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning that would be cool. But knowing our luck it will be Death Magnetic. Uggh

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.