Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Runes of Magic

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 19, 2009

Runes of Magic is a free-to-play MMO featuring more than 600 quests spanning ten zones in a seamless world, eight character classes to choose from with a Dual Class System, and player-versus-player gameplay.

My crazy journey into the Savage Lands

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Edited By armaan8014

So I was playing Runes of Magic today, and I and Revolutionare were the only people online at the time. After unsuccessfully trying to kill Yuri a dozen times, we decided to split up and do our individual, easier quests.
    He started killing Silvermane hounds, and I started my search for the fourth pillar, situated north of silverspring, for a quest that required me to find all the four pillars in the four directions in Silverspring.

As soon as I caught the road that would take me north, Revo logged off leaving me to venture into unknown lands all alone without anyone to talk to. I was scared, but so was I determined.

I reached a kind of an archway towards the Northern side of Silverspring, and started searching for the pillar. But I stopped in my tracks as soon as I saw a floating machine - guy: 

see that guy? Yeah, better stay away

As I turned around, I saw another one on my right. (the ruins on the horizon is where i hope to find the pillar)

No Caption Provided

As I walk along the road, sneaking past the earlier two, I notice that there are a LOT of these dudes here:

No Caption Provided

After a lot of sneaking around and hiding from about 10 of those things, I finally reached the ruins (called Oblivion Shrine). Unfortunately, the pillar was not to be seen. But I DID see something else:

Look at that huge stone Golem type guy there. He's a crown-boss guy.

Just looking at him made my ass fall of my computer chair

So I turned around and got some distance between him and me. As I looked towards the edge of the map, I saw there was a tunnel leading to god knows where, and a lot of those floaty machines... floating around. There was a big possibility of the pillar being in the cave, but there was a bigger possibility that I would be killed before I would be able to reach it. I stood for about 10 mins on that hill, trying to think about what it was that I should do, and trying to muster up the courage to do it.

No Caption Provided

As I watched, more and more of those machines started floating around. I had to make a decision, quickly.
    No Caption Provided

I finally mustered up enough courage and ran for it. Again, those guys amazingly didn't notice me. But as I got closer to the gate, I saw something that dashed my hopes of geting in alive :
    No Caption Provided

Luckily, it was a friendly NPC who was offering to change the "core" of my weapon for me. I declined and quickly ran inside

No Caption Provided

Finally, I was inside, and alive. I was proud of my little level 14 self, and got ready to venture inside
    No Caption Provided

As I walked through the tunnels, I looked around for the pillar that had gotten me into all this. There was no sign of it, and luckily no sign of any enemies either

No Caption Provided

I ran around another few corners, before I saw light coming from the end of one hallway:
    No Caption Provided

I was amazed   with what I had discovered. An exit that lead me to a land I had no idea existed. I was amazed, but also disappointed that I couldn't find the pillar. Now that I had come out of Silverspring, I wouldn't be able to find the pillar here. But since I'd come this far, I thought I might as well carry on ahead and see how far I could go.
    No Caption Provided

As soon as I stepped out, I saw something that made my heart freeze. A level 53 enemy. That's right. FIFTY motherfucking THREE. Luckily, another of our guild member logged in (Aziel), and provided me the moral support I needed to carry on :P

No Caption Provided

Before moving on, I looked at my map, and saw this:

Savage Lands.  Looks... Savage

I took a deep breath and ran, sticking to the left side, as far away from those dudes as possible.  But there were many more up ahead.
    No Caption Provided

I took a moment, took in the scene, and ran again
    No Caption Provided

I reached the hill on the other side of the river, completely unnoticed. As a matter of fact, I wasn't noticed even ONCE throughout this journey till the very end.

No Caption Provided

I then looked towards where I needed to go. Crossing this river looked a lot more challenging.
    No Caption Provided

I crossed the river successfully and unnoticed, but I saw certain death ahead. I knew that this was where my journey would have to end.

No Caption Provided

Unbelievably, I took the middle ground between the guards and another enemy on the left, and kept on running. Alive and unnoticed.
    No Caption Provided

In the excitement, I became reckless and kept on running, passing by an enemy very closely. I knew I was dead before the fireball hit me.
    No Caption Provided

And so... The my adventure came to and end. I was proud of myself for surviving for so long, and for getting through unnoticed till the very end. But, I knew that would have to end sometime, and it did.
    No Caption Provided

Anyways, I resurrected myself, and the motherfuckers pushed me deeper into the map. WTF?

No Caption Provided

I thought I'd make use of this opportunity and buy some LEVEL 46 herbs for the guild ^ ^
    Unfortunately, the guild doesn't use those herbs. So i'm stuck with them.

No Caption Provided

I then quickly teleported myself back home with the Home-sweet-home rune, and said hello to my maid:)

No Caption Provided

And then I ... Whoops, didn't mean to post this pic here. Really.
    No Caption Provided

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the end of my crazy adventure. I don't know how many of you guys have already gone there, but i'm pretty sure no one has ever gone past those things Sam Fisher style. Also, I should say, I didn't see EVEN ONE other adventurer/player there besides me. So yeah, it was pretty scary :P

Hope you guys enjoyed, and thanks for reading!
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By armaan8014

So I was playing Runes of Magic today, and I and Revolutionare were the only people online at the time. After unsuccessfully trying to kill Yuri a dozen times, we decided to split up and do our individual, easier quests.
    He started killing Silvermane hounds, and I started my search for the fourth pillar, situated north of silverspring, for a quest that required me to find all the four pillars in the four directions in Silverspring.

As soon as I caught the road that would take me north, Revo logged off leaving me to venture into unknown lands all alone without anyone to talk to. I was scared, but so was I determined.

I reached a kind of an archway towards the Northern side of Silverspring, and started searching for the pillar. But I stopped in my tracks as soon as I saw a floating machine - guy: 

As I turned around, I saw another one on my right. (the ruins on the horizon is where i hope to find the pillar)

No Caption Provided

As I walk along the road, sneaking past the earlier two, I notice that there are a LOT of these dudes here:

No Caption Provided

After a lot of sneaking around and hiding from about 10 of those things, I finally reached the ruins (called Oblivion Shrine). Unfortunately, the pillar was not to be seen. But I DID see something else:

So I turned around and got some distance between him and me. As I looked towards the edge of the map, I saw there was a tunnel leading to god knows where, and a lot of those floaty machines... floating around. There was a big possibility of the pillar being in the cave, but there was a bigger possibility that I would be killed before I would be able to reach it. I stood for about 10 mins on that hill, trying to think about what it was that I should do, and trying to muster up the courage to do it.

No Caption Provided

As I watched, more and more of those machines started floating around. I had to make a decision, quickly.
    No Caption Provided

I finally mustered up enough courage and ran for it. Again, those guys amazingly didn't notice me. But as I got closer to the gate, I saw something that dashed my hopes of geting in alive :
    No Caption Provided

Luckily, it was a friendly NPC who was offering to change the "core" of my weapon for me. I declined and quickly ran inside

No Caption Provided

Finally, I was inside, and alive. I was proud of my little level 14 self, and got ready to venture inside
    No Caption Provided

As I walked through the tunnels, I looked around for the pillar that had gotten me into all this. There was no sign of it, and luckily no sign of any enemies either

No Caption Provided

I ran around another few corners, before I saw light coming from the end of one hallway:
    No Caption Provided

I was amazed   with what I had discovered. An exit that lead me to a land I had no idea existed. I was amazed, but also disappointed that I couldn't find the pillar. Now that I had come out of Silverspring, I wouldn't be able to find the pillar here. But since I'd come this far, I thought I might as well carry on ahead and see how far I could go.
    No Caption Provided

As soon as I stepped out, I saw something that made my heart freeze. A level 53 enemy. That's right. FIFTY motherfucking THREE. Luckily, another of our guild member logged in (Aziel), and provided me the moral support I needed to carry on :P

No Caption Provided

Before moving on, I looked at my map, and saw this:

I took a deep breath and ran, sticking to the left side, as far away from those dudes as possible.  But there were many more up ahead.
    No Caption Provided

I took a moment, took in the scene, and ran again
    No Caption Provided

I reached the hill on the other side of the river, completely unnoticed. As a matter of fact, I wasn't noticed even ONCE throughout this journey till the very end.

No Caption Provided

I then looked towards where I needed to go. Crossing this river looked a lot more challenging.
    No Caption Provided

I crossed the river successfully and unnoticed, but I saw certain death ahead. I knew that this was where my journey would have to end.

No Caption Provided

Unbelievably, I took the middle ground between the guards and another enemy on the left, and kept on running. Alive and unnoticed.
    No Caption Provided

In the excitement, I became reckless and kept on running, passing by an enemy very closely. I knew I was dead before the fireball hit me.
    No Caption Provided

And so... The my adventure came to and end. I was proud of myself for surviving for so long, and for getting through unnoticed till the very end. But, I knew that would have to end sometime, and it did.
    No Caption Provided

Anyways, I resurrected myself, and the motherfuckers pushed me deeper into the map. WTF?

No Caption Provided

I thought I'd make use of this opportunity and buy some LEVEL 46 herbs for the guild ^ ^
    Unfortunately, the guild doesn't use those herbs. So i'm stuck with them.

No Caption Provided

I then quickly teleported myself back home with the Home-sweet-home rune, and said hello to my maid:)

No Caption Provided

And then I ... Whoops, didn't mean to post this pic here. Really.
    No Caption Provided

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the end of my crazy adventure. I don't know how many of you guys have already gone there, but i'm pretty sure no one has ever gone past those things Sam Fisher style. Also, I should say, I didn't see EVEN ONE other adventurer/player there besides me. So yeah, it was pretty scary :P

Hope you guys enjoyed, and thanks for reading!
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

Great adventure! :)

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By armaan8014
    @Jeust: yeah, it was. The blog turned out a little longer than i'd planned though ...
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jeust
    @armaan8014 said:

" @Jeust: yeah, it was. The blog turned out a little longer than i'd planned though ... "

Yep, but still interesting. I have to check out that place.  

What where the level of the enemies there?
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kishan6

pretty sweet 
    thats a lot of screenshots lol

Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Glak

I bet i could've taken on the enemies naked........ :P
    Is that where people got the magical alcohol?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By armaan8014
    @Jeust: level 53 !  I wrote that in the blog you know .. (BTW, start RoM now, it'll start getting patched)

@kishan6 said:
    " thats a lot of screenshots lol "
    yeah i thought so too. Couldnt stop myself though :P

@Glak said:
    "  Is that where people got the magical alcohol? "
    I haven't heard about that.. what's magical alcohol?
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeust
    @armaan8014 said:

" @Jeust: level 53 !  I wrote that in the blog you know .. (BTW, start RoM now, it'll start getting patched)

@kishan6 said:

" thats a lot of screenshots lol "
    yeah i thought so too. Couldnt stop myself though :P

@Glak said:
    "  Is that where people got the magical alcohol? "
    I haven't heard about that.. what's magical alcohol? "
    Ah i will. I didn't read the post with close attention i'm sorry. I was looking more at the big pictures O_O
    Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Glak
    @armaan8014: Some duders had some alcohol that they got from a high level region that knocked them out xP
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By armaan8014
    @Jeust said:
    " Ah i will. I didn't read the post with close attention i'm sorry. I was more looking at the big pictures O_O "
    Yeah I guess that's why the servers were down. 
    And glad you found the pictures good :D
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By armaan8014
    @Glak: 
    lol, awesome. But there's a lot of high level areas, they could've gotten it from anywhere. 
    But it sure would be a great addition to our naked parties! :D
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeust
    @armaan8014 said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " Ah i will. I didn't read the post with close attention i'm sorry. I was more looking at the big pictures O_O "
    Yeah I guess that's why the servers were down.  And glad you found the pictures good :D "
    The images are pretty cool, and give a sensation of how fun it was. 
    Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Glak
    @armaan8014: Dude yea!
    We gotta stock up for when we get a castle and have naked party there :D
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By armaan8014
    @Glak:  Yes! And I think we're gonna have a Guild castle very soon. I think I read that we'll get one with our next level. But I could be mistaken.
    What do you think@Jeust? Did you see that in the game?
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By armaan8014
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeust
    @armaan8014 said:

" @Glak:  Yes! And I think we're gonna have a Guild castle very soon. I think I read that we'll get one with our next level. But I could be mistaken.
    What do you think @Jeust? Did you see that in the game? "

I did. We can buy a castle in the next upgrade.  

Taken from the Runes of Magic Wiki: 

Guild Castle

Once your guild reaches level 5, you can buy a guild castle. After donating the required materials in your guild as usual, speak to the Guild Master and click "I want to build a castle."

Requirements for guild castle:

And can you log in now?
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By armaan8014
    FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By FirePrince

Sorry for leaving. 
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Claude

That looked like good on the edge of your seat fun, love the happy ending.

Aziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Aziel

Pimpin'

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By armaan8014
    @FirePrince said:
    " Sorry for leaving. Log in tomorrow mornin',we'll kill the damn bandit. "
    HELL YEAH! Yuri's going dooown! (Hopefully a third member will be able to assist us, we NEED help)

@Claude said:
    " That looked like good on the edge of your seat fun, love the happy ending. "

he he, yeah it was fun..glad you liked the ending :D

@Aziel: 
    It was fun updating you in-game :)
    adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By adoggz
    @armaan8014: 
    if you need help with yuri, I can kill him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.