Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

@taswell no more

• 57 results
    msx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Here's a small cache of Ryan and Jeff recordings you might not know about:

https://audioboom.com/Taswell

Scarhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thebrainninja Agreed, you are not alone in these thoughts my friend and it's great to share this sentiment over such an impactful person i have never met.

My opinion is that Ryan posted what he posted to twitter to express who he was on public record. He was too humble to ever seem like he would be the type of person that would want it kept that way if he passed, but we do....and i'm sure if he could know the love we still have for him he absolutely would want it kept up, not for ego...but because he was a compassionate man sensitive to everyone's feelings which is why he will always be the greatest podcast host to ever do it.

There was subtle mastery in his work that only took a few podcasts to pick up on, then through those and all the other videos/works on Giant Bomb and Gamespot you see that this guy had remarkable presence, command and overall character that was Halley's Comet rare. Why don't they just take down any videos that just has him in it if we are using that logic of some of the posters here or indeed whomever took down the account ....Anyways, i'm still just super sad and somewhat defiant against the reality of his tragic passing as i too... once in a while, paroozed his tweets for solace, connection and comfort.

I get that we are still figuring out how to mourn those gone that were in the social media public eye, but in this case i feel ignoring it because it's somehow socially inappropriate to continue the love of someone passed is insane to me, yes...they maybe gone, but....through my work, if i could ever mean something to so many, why allow it to fade away?.

Death was the end of Einstein/Mandela/Michael Jackson/Prince/Ali and yet celebrating that kind of celebrity seems perfectly fine. Fame and impact are subjective, so we should in this little community, on this insignificant speck of a planet honor those that..in this case, CLEARLY made a difference.

Set a standard if there isn't one.

My only wish.. would be that GIANT BOMB/BEAST.COM nut up, fuck convention, DEFINE how to deal with this still seeping wound in the Giant Bomb community by taking the issue head on!. (Just read all the posts/comments since Ryan's passing on giantbomb.com forums/vids or youtube.com if you need convincing).

Acknowledge his gangster and celebrate his passing annually, by having a show dedicated to informing new followers and reminding the long-timers of this man's influence and importance to their lives and to the site. I would just love to here old stories about Ryan and some past guests from the industry to reflect on what they learned from interactions with him directly or otherwise. What they're favorite vids/casts of his were and what particular Ryan(isms) they noticed and admired . Surely if i feel this bad still, those that knew him would have something to say if given a platform and reason too.

robbparris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebrainninja

Acknowledge his gangster and celebrate his passing annually, by having a show dedicated to informing new followers and reminding the long-timers of this man's influence and importance to their lives and to the site. I would just love to here old stories about Ryan and some past guests from the industry to reflect on what they learned from interactions with him directly or otherwise. What they're favorite vids/casts of his were and what particular Ryan(isms) they noticed and admired . Surely if i feel this bad still, those that knew him would have something to say if given a platform and reason too.

I completely understand your desire to pay tribute to Ryan in this way, but they talk about Ryan quite freely during shows with stories etc.

I don't think an annual show would be the way to go, imagine coming into work to know you have to talk about your friend who died in front of thousands of people. And then having to do it every year.

I prefer it naturally coming up when it does.

Love Ryan Davis.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Ben_H

@msx2 said:

Here's a small cache of Ryan and Jeff recordings you might not know about:

https://audioboom.com/Taswell

Whoa, they added an M to that website. It used to be Audioboo.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gone from twitter but never from our hearts.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never saw this post in the 2+ weeks it's been up but I thought of Ryan on Sunday when I was out walking and then had a random thought about how his Twitter account was still going. Weird.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like Ryan's dad took down his account on Twitter. Still sad. RIP, Papa Bear.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the only one I need.

Loading Video...

oh man, that is amazing

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.