Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row 2

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

The clone that surpassed the original returns with the even more over-the-top sequel to Volition's popular open-world mayhem generator, Saints Row.

my little Saints ROW 2 vs. Saints ROW 2 BRD rant

Snoutspout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Snoutspout

I should make clear first that i really, really like the game in general and i had lots of fun with it.

I purchased the game in the UK like i usually do because its a lot cheaper than here in Germany and the German laws regarding violent video games are just ridiculous.
    The German and the international version of many games are usually basically the same except the more brutal stuff (e.g. decapitations, dismemberment) is cut out or slightly changed (red blood -> green blood). In some cases publishers decide to not publish the games in Germany at all (e.g. Gears of War) which doesn't bother me a lot because i import my games anyway.
    However the problem with Saints Row 2 is that THQ, or whoever thought of that genius idea, made a complete different version for Germany called Saints Row BRD.
    Saints Row BRD has different achievements and a lot of the activities from the "proper" saints row 2 are missing for whatever reason(two of them being "Mayhem" and "Trailblazing")
    Since I've purchased the UK version anyway i shouldn't be complaining, right? 
    Wrong! The problem i ran into was that I'm not able to play with anyone who has purchased the German version of the game. And since i live in Germany there are some dudes on my friend list who got this version. 
    You might say..."Yeah, so its a German issue but there are 1 or 2 other people on XBL who have the proper version of the game so go and play with them" ...and well, i would agree on that one! But hey, don't we all live in one big world now? At least everybody and his dog tells me that. 

Another problem which is way more annoying than all this country restriction stuff is that i can't play coop or multiplayer with anyone who hasn't purchased every DLC that I've bought and vice versa! Seriously WTF?

Snoutspout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Snoutspout

I should make clear first that i really, really like the game in general and i had lots of fun with it.

I purchased the game in the UK like i usually do because its a lot cheaper than here in Germany and the German laws regarding violent video games are just ridiculous.
    The German and the international version of many games are usually basically the same except the more brutal stuff (e.g. decapitations, dismemberment) is cut out or slightly changed (red blood -> green blood). In some cases publishers decide to not publish the games in Germany at all (e.g. Gears of War) which doesn't bother me a lot because i import my games anyway.
    However the problem with Saints Row 2 is that THQ, or whoever thought of that genius idea, made a complete different version for Germany called Saints Row BRD.
    Saints Row BRD has different achievements and a lot of the activities from the "proper" saints row 2 are missing for whatever reason(two of them being "Mayhem" and "Trailblazing")
    Since I've purchased the UK version anyway i shouldn't be complaining, right? 
    Wrong! The problem i ran into was that I'm not able to play with anyone who has purchased the German version of the game. And since i live in Germany there are some dudes on my friend list who got this version. 
    You might say..."Yeah, so its a German issue but there are 1 or 2 other people on XBL who have the proper version of the game so go and play with them" ...and well, i would agree on that one! But hey, don't we all live in one big world now? At least everybody and his dog tells me that. 

Another problem which is way more annoying than all this country restriction stuff is that i can't play coop or multiplayer with anyone who hasn't purchased every DLC that I've bought and vice versa! Seriously WTF?

Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Organicalistic_

oh, it is like ten no twenty times better than gta4, seriously, what did people like about that game?

Snoutspout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Snoutspout
    @organicalistic_:
    I wouldn't say it's a better game than GTA4. I would not even compare these 2 games.
    If you want to make a comparison, compare it to GTA SA...but imho GTA SA is way better than Saints Row 2. 
    Saints Row is just a fun sandbox game in which you can do stupid, unrealistic and silly stuff. I'd see it more like a playground.
    GTA 4 on the other hand has lost a lot of the "you can do every stupid thing you want to" flair but in return you got a (imho) great story with compelling characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.