Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

Saints Row 4 (PC) is Hard To Find

GunsAreDrawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I live in the UK and I'm having trouble finding any retail store selling a copy of Saints Row 4. I was waiting to get Saints Row 4 for Christmas because I thought it would be at least 25% lower in price than it was on release, but Amazon aren't even selling it. It's being sold by another buyer and it costs £40, and I've never seen a PC game sell for that much.

The game has only been out for 4 months and this is the sort of thing you would expect to happen 5 years after release. I'm wondering if anyone might know why this is happening, did the game get discontinued due to poor sales or something?

wilsouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Because most buy the download code now for PC games?

KKJS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Google cheap cd keys.

Really, unless you are keeping your eyes on a big sale on one of the big online stores, googling cd keys is easily the cheapest way to find a game.

Look at this list:

http://cdkeyprices.com/product/Saints-Row-4-CD-Key-Steam.html

Jacktrote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's a sign from the sky, an intervention, to make you reconsider spending money on that rehashed money grab.

Don't make the gods angry, it's the same damn game as SR3 with super powers and excessive "humor." Buy a game that respects you as the player, one with fresh assets and daringly innovative gameplay.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think it's a sign from the sky, an intervention, to make you reconsider spending money on that rehashed money grab.

Don't make the gods angry, it's the same damn game as SR3 with super powers and excessive "humor." Buy a game that respects you as the player, one with fresh assets and daringly innovative gameplay.

You can take your 'daringly innovative gameplay' and shove it while I'm over here having fun.

Jacktrote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_zombie_ said:

@jacktrote said:

You can take your 'daringly innovative gameplay' and shove it while I'm over here having fun.

What kind of a person are you to find yourself back in the dark streets of Steelport with the same weight-less guns shooting twitchy sponge enemies with hit marker spam until they fly dead, and have fun?

How can you have such high endurance for this game's re-used assets all around you, and the re-used mechanics that got old by the end of SR3, and actually be enjoying yourself? The animations, NPCs walking around, car physics, it's all the same and it's all so bland and primitive compared to many other games out there that actually have effort put into making the interactive experience have weight and a feel to it.

I really envy you, you're cold.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno about Jacktrote but I had more fun in Saints row 4 than i did in GTA 5.
    Also in the UK and I know what you mean I got pissed the only places i could find it were steam or game.co.uk as a digital code both for £40.
    A month or so ago it was half price on a steam sale to £20 and I bought it then but I think this last autumn steam sale it dropped to around £15-£18. So if you can wait a few weeks im sure it will drop to around that price again in the christmas sale

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@_zombie_ said:

@jacktrote said:

What kind of a person are you to find yourself back in the dark streets of Steelport with the same weight-less guns shooting twitchy sponge enemies with hit marker spam until they fly dead, and have fun?

How can you have such high endurance for this game's re-used assets all around you, and the re-used mechanics that got old by the end of SR3, and actually be enjoying yourself? The animations, NPCs walking around, car physics, it's all the same and it's all so bland and primitive compared to many other games out there that actually have effort put into making the interactive experience have weight and a feel to it.

I really envy you, you're cold.

Just because you didn't have fun with Saints Row IV doesn't mean others can't have fun with the game.

Also, I can't really say any game that came out this year was especially daring or innovative to be honest.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Rhaknar

I dont...PC game hard to find... Steam is right there? and the game is on sale all the time, and it WILL be on sale during the xmas sale? What am I missing?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rhaknar said:

I dont...PC game hard to find... Steam is right there? and the game is on sale all the time, and it WILL be on sale during the xmas sale? What am I missing?

Beats me. I bought it for $20 during the Steam Thanksgivings sale, so I assume it will show up again in a couple of weeks. The real surprise is someone looking to buy boxed PC games these days.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I live in the UK and I'm having trouble finding any retail store selling a copy of Saints Row 4. I was waiting to get Saints Row 4 for Christmas because I thought it would be at least 25% lower in price than it was on release, but Amazon aren't even selling it. It's being sold by another buyer and it costs £40, and I've never seen a PC game sell for that much.

The game has only been out for 4 months and this is the sort of thing you would expect to happen 5 years after release. I'm wondering if anyone might know why this is happening, did the game get discontinued due to poor sales or something?

Dude! It will be like 5 quit during the Christmas Steam Sale

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'll echo the "why are you PC gaming without searching on Steam?" argument.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Optix12

@penguindust said:

@rhaknar said:

Beats me. I bought it for $20 during the Steam Thanksgivings sale, so I assume it will show up again in a couple of weeks. The real surprise is someone looking to buy boxed PC games these days.

boxed pc games at least in the UK tend to be cheaper than the download versions. It seems most download outlets (except greenmangaming if they have a promotion) tend to charge a solid £35-£40 for a game but if there is a disc copy you could normally get away with between £20-£30.
    EDIT: thats usually with preordering, after that usually within two or so weeks boxed copies tend to drop a little further while steam tends to wait a while or a steam sale before they drop prices (unless the game doesnt sell well overall like hitman absolution)

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@optix12: That's why you should always buy Steam keys from third party sites. GMG isn't the only one out there. You can use allkeyshop.com to search for the cheapest one. I've also had good luck finding cheap keys on ebay. I pre-ordered X Rebirth for 30€ and got the key a day before release, allowing me to preload. That game isn't even worth 5€ but that's another problem.

GunsAreDrawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My problem with buying from Steam is that I don't have a good internet connection. The highest download speed I can get is 270 kb/s and it means have to leave my PC running overnight, because I share the internet with family members. What I like about having a disc is that you can put it into the drive and it should be ready to play within 30 minutes compared to having to wait 7+ hours when you can't use your internet.

I really wish I could buy games from Steam more often, I usually only buy Indie titles, but I've been waiting for better internet in my area for 2 years now but it doesn't seem like it will be happening. I guess I will buy this game from Steam when it's on sale, if only because it has such a big price difference.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Darji

Almost no one buys retail PC games anymore. Also you will probably getting a digital copy much much cheaper anyway.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My problem with buying from Steam is that I don't have a good internet connection. The highest download speed I can get is 270 kb/s and it means have to leave my PC running overnight, because I share the internet with family members. What I like about having a disc is that you can put it into the drive and it should be ready to play within 30 minutes compared to having to wait 7+ hours when you can't use your internet.

I really wish I could buy games from Steam more often, I usually only buy Indie titles, but I've been waiting for better internet in my area for 2 years now but it doesn't seem like it will be happening. I guess I will buy this game from Steam when it's on sale, if only because it has such a big price difference.

Shame dude, its gonna be pretty cheap on steam soon. If it makes you feel any better I think Saint's Row IV was much worse than III...

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Deep Silver decided to not sell a boxed version at all in the UK, possibly the whole of Europe.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Akyho
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@dekkadekkadekka: We have a bunch of boxes in Sweden, so not all of europe. I actually didn't even realise this was a thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.