Saints Row IV is an over-the-top open-world action-adventure game developed by Volition and published by Deep Silver for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on August 20, 2013.
It is the fourth entry in the Saints Row franchise and the first to be published by Deep Silver (after acquiring it from the bankrupted THQ). It was originally meant to be a downloadable expansion for Saints Row: The Third but was later expanded into a full game.
Set five years after the events of Saints Row: The Third, players control the customizable leader of the Third Street Saints. After taking the Saints from an ordinary street gang to an international multi-media empire throughout the series, the Boss is now the President of the United States (with his comrades and former adversaries as his administration and Keith David as the Vice President). When aliens (known as the Zin and led by Emperor Zinyak) invade Earth, the Saints are kidnapped and transported into a digital recreation of Steelport (known as "Simulation 31") Now it's up to the Boss, who now has access to crazy weapons and insane superpowers, to escape the simulation and take down the Zin Empire.
Like Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV received numerous themed DLC packs (including unique outfits, weapons, vehicles, homies, and superpowers) and some downloadable sets of missions (Enter the Dominatrix and How the Saints Save Christmas). The game was used as the base for a spin-off epilogue, titled Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, on January 20, 2015.
The game was ported to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 by High Voltage and released, with all DLC included, as Saints Row IV: Re-Elected on January 20, 2015. The retail PS4 and XONE versions of the game were bundled with Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell. The PC version of the game also received Linux support on December 21, 2015.
The newest addition of super powers significantly changes the way players move and behave in the open world of virtual Steelport. Cars and aircraft soon become worthless, as the player is able to run, jump and glide with incredible speed and agility. These super powers are upgraded using Clusters that players find around Steelport, of which there are over 1200.
Throughout the simulation are alien checkpoints and bases to be destroyed as well as new and returning minigames to facilitate further destruction. New weapons are available including those of the alien variety.
Players are able to leave the simulation via glowing doors around Steelport to return to the real world, where the Saints have established their "crib" in a space ship. Here, the player can converse with their homies and more.
The game includes two downloadable sets of missions, both of which can be bought in a season pass (includes a discount and early, complete access to The Rectifier DLC).
Enter the Dominatrix
Released on October 23, 2013 for $6.99, Enter the Dominatrix presents itself as a series of "deleted scenes" from the cut standalone expansion to Saints Row: The Third (also titled Enter the Dominatrix, with elements that later appear in Saints Row IV), narrated by the Third Street Saints and Zinyak (all breaking the fourth wall).
Set one year after the events in Saints Row: The Third, Steelport is invaded by the Zin Empire. With the help from his comrades, The Boss must defeat Zinyak and his A.I., the Dominatrix, who traps the Saints into a simulation of Steelport.
How the Saints Saved Christmas
Released on December 10, 2013 for $6.99, How the Saints Saved Christmas parodies old light-hearted Christmas movies.
The Boss, who refuses to believe in the spirit of Christmas, is visited by a time-traveling post-apocalyptic version of Shaundi, who warns the crew that an evil warlord named Clawz threatens to destroy Christmas (along with everything else). Reluctantly, the Boss must learn of the true spirit of Christmas, rescue Santa Claus from the simulation, and prevent Clawz from taking over the North Pole.
- Unlockable Weapons: Crimson Cowboy, North Pole, Xmas Dubstep
- Unlockable Vehicles: Sleigh One, Gingerbread Van, Dasher, Slayer, Jolly Compton
- Unlockable Outfits: Xmas Sweater, Elf Suit
- Unlockable Homies: Future Shaundi, Mrs. Claus, Clawz, Gingerbread Men, Santa
- Unlockable Activities: Genki Holiday Special, Naughty and Nice
- Commander-in-Chief Pack - Originally a pre-order bonus (and later released for $1.99 on September 25, 2013). Includes three patriotic U.S. content: 'Merica weapon, the Screaming Eagle VTOL vehicle, and the Uncle Sam outfit.
- Team Fortress 2 Pack - A pre-order exclusive for the Steam version. Includes three weapons based on Valve's Team Fortress 2: TF2 Flamethrower, TF2 Rainblower, and TF2 RPG.
- The Rectifier - Originally an exclusive bonus for purchasing the Season Pass (and later released for $0.99 on February 11, 2014). Includes the Rectifier Probe weapon.
- Executive Privilege Pack - Released for $2.99 on August 19, 2013. Includes seven unlocked cheats: All Super Upgrades, 100% Super Powers, Car Mass Hole, Never Die, Infinite Ammo, and Unlimited Clip.
- Dubstep Gun (Remix) Pack - Released for $2.99 on September 3, 2013. Includes the Dubstep Gun (DLC Remix) weapon, which must be separately upgraded and includes four skins: Classical (playing Ride of the Valkyries), Oktoberfest (playing polka), Dethmettal (playing death metal), and Swingtime (playing big band).
- GAT V Pack - Released for $2.99 on September 16, 2013 (and free for one day on Steam). Includes the Johnny Gat costume, Aisha costume, Knifethrower weapon, and Reynolds .50 HMG weapon.
- Wild West Pack - Released for $2.99 on September 17, 2013. Includes cowboy-themed content: the Old West outfit, Old West Dress outfit, Western Revolver weapon, and Western Shotgun weapon.
- Volition Comics Pack - Released for $2.99 on September 25, 2013. Includes two superhero outfits: Iron Rogue and Queen Amazonia.
- Grass Roots Pack - Released for $2.99 on September 27, 2013.
- The Super Saints Pack - Released for $2.99 on October 29, 2013. Includes a variety of superhero outfits.
- Bradygames Pack - Released for $0.99 on October 29, 2013. Includes an alternate skin for the Heavy SMG (the BG-40, with four variants).
- Pirate's Booty Pack - Released for $2.99 on November 5, 2013. Includes content based on pirates: the Deck Swabber outfit (which is split into different pieces of clothing), Scallywagon vehicle, and Flintlock weapon skins (for the Heavy Pistol and Sniper Rifle).
- Thank You Pack - Released for free on November 12, 2013. Includes a variety of clothing pieces (Apocalyptic Goggles, Pop Hat, Double-O Tux, Pop Star, Road Barbarian, and All I Got Was This Lousy Tee) and two weapon skins (Oppressor Minigun for the Lasergun Arm and Oppressor Minelayer for the Minethrower Arm).
- Element of Destruction Pack - Released for $2.99 on November 26, 2013. Includes four explosion-themed superpower variants: Explosive Chain Blast, Telekinetic Time Bomb, Explosive Buff, and Airstrike Stomp.
- Zinyak Attack Pack - Released for $1.99 on November 26, 2013. Includes costumes based on the game's antagonists: two Zin Solder outfits, a Warden outfit, and a Zinyak costume.
- Child's Play Pack - Released for $2.99 (with proceeds going to the Child's Play charity) on December 12, 2013. Is no longer available on Steam. Includes the Digital Dino outfit, Robo Chimp outfit, and Retro Racer vehicle.
- Anime Pack - Released for $2.99 on January 7, 2014. Includes anime-themed content: Shonen outfit, Shojo Cutie outfit, Eastern Angles hairstyle, Totes Kawaii hairstyle, Braver Sword weapon variant (for the Energy Sword), and Kaiju-XL weapon variant (for the Disintegrator).
- Stone Age Pack - Released for $2.99 on January 14, 2014. Includes prehistoric-themed content: Prehistoric Pretty outfit, Stone Age Stud outfit, and Stoned vehicle.
- Bling Bling Pack - Released for $9.99 on February 5, 2014. Includes four money-themed superpower variants: Make It Rain Stomp, Midas Touch Buff, Bling Blast, and Shakedown Telekinesis.
- College Daze Pack - Released for $2.99 on February 5, 2014. Includes content based on college fraternities/sororities: the Collegiate Casual outfit, Sorority Chic outfit, and Shayne's Barstool Racer vehicle.
- Game On Pack - Released for $2.99 on February 5, 2014. Includes content based on golf (with the Golf Club weapon, Fore! outfit, Pebble Beach Special hat, and Puck Truck vehicle) and hockey (with the Hockey Stick weapon, Waffle-Boarder outfit, and Goalie mask).
- GameStop Warped Weapon Challenge - Released for $0.99 on February 5, 2014. Includes the winning entry of the GameStop Warped Weapon Challenge: the Polarizer.
- Reverse Cosplay Pack - Released for free on February 5, 2014. Includes two outfits based on the winning entries of the Reverse Cosplay contest: Genki Space Pimp and Freckle Bitch.
- Awolnation - "Burn It Down"
- Beware of Darkness - "Howl"
- Black Bananas - "Rad Times"
- FIDLAR - "No Waves"
- In Flames - "Deliver Us"
- Lissy Trullie - "It's Only You, Isn't It?"
- Neon Trees - "Teenage Sounds"
- Papa Roach - "Still Swinging"
- Terraplane Sun - "Get Me Golden"
- The Black Cadillacs - "Choke"
- The Bronx - "Along For The Ride"
- The Datsuns - "System Overload"
- The Features - "How It Starts"
- Walk the Moon - "Tightrope"
- We Were Promised Jetpacks - "Circles and Squares"
- A$AP Rocky - "Goldie"
- Atmosphere - "Until The Nipple's Gone"
- El-P - "The Full Retard"
- Jerry James - "Donald Trump Walk"
- Kendrick Lamar - "Swimming Pools (Drank)"
- Killer Mike - "Go!"
- KOVAS - "Grape Drink"
- Machine Gun Kelly (ft. Cassie) - "Warning Shot"
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (ft. Eighty4 Fly) - "Gold"
- Najee The 1 (ft. DB2) - "Elevated"
- Pause - "Caroline"
- Quake City Mobsters - "Money On My Mind"
- Sum - "City Pop"
- The Cool Kids (ft. Travis Barker) - "Sour Apples"
- Weekend Money - "Yellow"
- Alex Metric - "Prophecies"
- Apashe - "Eat My Apple"
- Congorock - "Ivory (Bloody Beetroots Mix)"
- Datsik - "Bonafide Hustler"
- Datsik and Excision - "Vindicate"
- Doctor P - "Flying Spaghetti Monster"
- Flux Pavilion - "Blow the Roof"
- Gigamesh (ft. Jana Nyberg) - "All My Life"
- Junkie XL - "Giraffe"
- Kill Paris - "Slap Me"
- Nero - "Promises"
- The Bloody Beetroots - "The Source"
- The Knocks & Fred Falke - "Geronimo"
- Vitalic - "Stamina"
- Watch the Duck - "Poppin' Off"
|The Mix 107.77|
- Aerosmith - "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"
- Biz Markie - "Just A Friend"
- Blur - "Song 2"
- Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain"
- EMF - "Unbelievable"
- Haddaway - "What Is Love"
- Men Without Hats - "The Safety Dance"
- Montell Jordan - "This Is How We Do It"
- OutKast - "B.O.B."
- Paula Abdul - "Opposites Attract"
- Robert Palmer - "Simply Irresistible"
- Stan Bush - "The Touch"
- The Pharcyde - "Oh Shit"
- The Presidents Of The United States Of America - "Lump"
- The Romantics - "Talking in Your Sleep"
- Thin Lizzy - "The Boys Are Back In Town"
|Mad Decent 106.9|
- Bonde Do Role (ft. Ce'cile) - "Brazilian Boys"
- Clockwork - "Titan"
- Dillon Francis - "I.D.G.A.F.O.S."
- Dillon Francis (ft. Simon Lord) - "Messages"
- Diplo (ft. Nicky Da B) - "Express Yourself"
- DJ Snake (ft. Alesia) - "Bird Machine"
- Djemba Djemba - "I Just Go"
- ETC!ETC! and Brillz - "Swoop"
- ETC!ETC!, Brillz and Diplo (ft. Whiskey Pete) - "Bueller"
- GTA (ft. DJ Funk) - "Booty Bounce"
- Jahan Lennon - "Can't Ruin My Fun"
- LIZ (ft. RiFF RAFF) - "Underdogs"
- RiFF RAFF - "Rookie Of The Year"
- Three Loco - "Beer"
- Toadally Krossed Out (ft. RiFF RAFF) - "Cray"
- Yellow Claw - "W.O.L.F."
- Zeds Dead - "Demons"
|Four 20 103.6|
- Jamericans - "Cease & Seckle"
- Charly Black & J Capri - "Whine & Kotch"
- Delroy Wilson - "You Never Get Away"
- Dennis Brown - "Milk and Honey"
- Early B - "History Of Jamaica"
- Easy Star All-Stars - "One Likkle Draw"
- Eek-A-Mouse - "Wa-Do-Dem"
- Max Romeo - "Juks"
- Ranking Dread - "Fattie Boom Boom"
- Super Beagle - "Dust A Sound Boy"
- Tenor Saw - "Ring The Alarm"
- The In Crowd - "Mango Walk"
- Toots And The Maytals - "Pressure Drop (Ska Version)"
- Wayne Smith - "Under Mi Sleng Teng"
- Frederic Chopin - "Grande Valse Brilliante in Eb Major, Op. 18"
- Georges Bizet - "Carmen Suite No. 1: Aragonaise"
- Georges Bizet - "Carmen Suite No. 1: Les Toreadors"
- Georges Bizet - "Habanera (From Carmen)"
- George Frideric Handel - "Music for the Royal Fireworks"
- Gioachino Rossini - "Largo Al Factotum (From The Barber Of Seville)"
- Giuseppe Verdi - "La Donna e Mobile (From Rigoletto)"
- Gustav Holst - "The Planets, 1st Movement: Mars"
- Jacques Offenbach - "Orpheus in the Underworld: Infernal Galop"
- Johann Sebastian Bach - "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor"
- Johann Strauss II - "Die Fledermaus, Overture"
- Johann Strauss Sr. - "Radetzky March"
- John Philip Sousa - "The Liberty Bell"
- Ludwig van Beethoven - "Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 (Ode to Joy)"
- Modest Mussorgsky - "A Night on Bare Mountain"
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - "Swan Lake, Op.20: Finale"
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - "The Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a: Overture"
Special Editions / Versions
Hail to the Chief Edition / Pre-order Bonus
Pre-orders for the game on launch will receive a DLC pack that includes the 'MERICA Weapon and Uncle Sam Suit and a Screaming Eagle Jet.
Super Dangerous Wub Wub Edition
For $99.99 pre-orders of this limited edition can recieve:
- A "Hail to the Chief" edition of Saints Row IV game
- 12" Dubstep Gun Replica
- Statue of Johnny Gat
- Pocket Sized Doomsday Dubstep button
Commander in Chief Edition / Pre-Order Steam Exclusive
Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV:
The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher.
PC System Requirements
|Minimum|| ||Recommended|| |
|OS:||Windows Vista (x86 or x64) with SP2||OS:||Windows 7 (x86 or x64), Windows 8 compatible|
|Processor:||Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 | AMD Athlon II x3||Processor:||Intel i3 2100T | AMD Phenom II x4 or higher|
|Memory:||2 GB RAM||Memory:||4 GB RAM|
|HDD Space:||10 GB available space||HDD Space:||10 GB available space|
|Video Card:||NVIDIA GTX 260 | AMD Radeon HD 5800 series||Video Card:||NVIDIA GTX 560 | AMD Radeon HD 6800 series or higher|
|DirectX:||Version 10||DirectX:||Version 11|
Log in to comment