Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Should I?

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Meteor_VII

So I have played through the game twice on 360 but I am getting an itch to play it again but I am curious if the game runs a ton better on pc if I should buy a pc version to have a better experience.

sir_gunblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By sir_gunblade
    Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I can't even run it (on a Mac) and I'm getting it. So hells yes. Is for charity!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

SR3 runs a billion times better on PC. I remember at least one time on the 360 version where the police and the gangs were all trying to kill each other, I was in the middle of it, and it got pretty rough. That wouldn't happen on PC.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By djou

A bit off topic, if you're itching to play an open world game on PC I would recommend Sleeping Dogs. The texture pack makes it look amazing and I'm sure there will be steep discounts over the holidays. Although definitely pick up the THQ humble bumble, if not for SR3 then the others, I did.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By duskvamp

@TheSouthernDandy said:

I can't even run it (on a Mac) and I'm getting it. So hells yes. Is for charity!

Bootcamp if you wanna play it, that's what I'm gonna do.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
    @DuskVamp

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Bootcamp if you wanna play it, that's what I'm gonna do.

I would but my Mac mini is underpowered and low on memory. My computer situation is kinda sad.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Subjugation

If you have the right hardware the game runs worlds better on PC. And it looks pretty great. And it's still SR3, what more do you need?

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Icemo

If your PC is not seven years old then yeah, saints row the third will run better than on xbox 360.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By clstirens

@believer258 said:

SR3 runs a billion times better on PC. I remember at least one time on the 360 version where the police and the gangs were all trying to kill each other, I was in the Midfle of it, and it got pretty rough. That wouldn't happen on PC.

Eh... PC version was, for quite a while, severely unoptimized on some AMD platforms. I could run BF3 at 1600x900 and High settings, but saints row would run pretty poorly at low settings, 1280x720.

Not sure how it is now.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

@clstirens said:

@believer258 said:

SR3 runs a billion times better on PC. I remember at least one time on the 360 version where the police and the gangs were all trying to kill each other, I was in the Midfle of it, and it got pretty rough. That wouldn't happen on PC.

Eh... PC version was, for quite a while, severely unoptimized on some AMD platforms. I could run BF3 at 1600x900 and High settings, but saints row would run pretty poorly at low settings, 1280x720.

Not sure how it is now.

I played about 45 minutes of it on a free-to-play weekend (HD 7770) and... it was fine.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By clstirens

@believer258 said:

@clstirens said:

@believer258 said:

Not sure how it is now.

I played about 45 minutes of it on a free-to-play weekend (HD 7770) and... it was fine.

Might have been because a lot of those users were on slightly older hardware. I had a 5870, and everything before the 6xxx series was produced before ATI was bought, and a lot of its staff replaced.

There were huge revisions to their Drivers (that overall helped immensely), so who knows.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Unless your financial situation is extremely dire, I think you should be able to justify sending $6 to charity to give it a try and not feel that bummed out if it doesn't work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.