Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Seaman

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 29, 1999

Using the Dreamcast microphone, Seaman allows players to raise a witty fish-like creature with some guidance from Leonard Nimoy.

Seaman: Day Twenty-Two

JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Edited By JohnTheGamer

Apparently the tadpole creatures are formally known as “tadmen.”   I adjust their environment to be at a cool 21 degrees. As I chat with some of the tadmen they begin asking me questions about my health. They know I’m an Aries without me telling them, apparently all the knowledge that Poseidon and Studmuffin knew, is passed along.

One of them tells me that we don’t realize how easy we have it nowadays. He begins to tell me about the ancient Egyptians and how they had no heaters or pharmacies. The manual for the game explains that the Seamen are thought to be the “helpers” to past civilizations. He also tells me that instead of talking to him I should be taking in the harvest, since its fall. He continues on with the Egypt talk, asking if I’m seen the pyramids and if I can even imagine building them.

He is on a bit about how we have had to evolve over time and that nowadays we are too relaxed and have it so easy. He talks about people with glasses; in the past we would’ve been a lion’s lunch. He finishes off with a few minute story about how we invented the greatest tool five of six thousand years ago, language. Later came Pythagoras and logic and many kinds of theories, soon after, mathematics, technology and industry. We started out pretty helpless but we invented these things to rely on, he reminds me to never rely on these too much.

JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By JohnTheGamer

Apparently the tadpole creatures are formally known as “tadmen.”   I adjust their environment to be at a cool 21 degrees. As I chat with some of the tadmen they begin asking me questions about my health. They know I’m an Aries without me telling them, apparently all the knowledge that Poseidon and Studmuffin knew, is passed along.

One of them tells me that we don’t realize how easy we have it nowadays. He begins to tell me about the ancient Egyptians and how they had no heaters or pharmacies. The manual for the game explains that the Seamen are thought to be the “helpers” to past civilizations. He also tells me that instead of talking to him I should be taking in the harvest, since its fall. He continues on with the Egypt talk, asking if I’m seen the pyramids and if I can even imagine building them.

He is on a bit about how we have had to evolve over time and that nowadays we are too relaxed and have it so easy. He talks about people with glasses; in the past we would’ve been a lion’s lunch. He finishes off with a few minute story about how we invented the greatest tool five of six thousand years ago, language. Later came Pythagoras and logic and many kinds of theories, soon after, mathematics, technology and industry. We started out pretty helpless but we invented these things to rely on, he reminds me to never rely on these too much.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

I would say "Okay I'll live without technology starting with this tank's heater" =p

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I wear glasses. I guess I would be food for the lions back in the day.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By DanielJW

Well he's right. I should be taking in the harvest, not posting here.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By hatking
    @Bigandtasty said:
    "I would say "Okay I'll live without technology starting with this tank's heater" =p "

lol yeah
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Such an insightful young lad...err...tad, ain't he? 

It's good to know you've got them talking to you at least, unlike their son-of-a-bitch dad Poseidon.  I think I like these tadmen.  Let's hope they don't go all blood-sucking crazy!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Would be nice if you could take videos/pics for this >_>

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.