Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Section 8

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Section 8 is a Sci-Fi first-person shooter that allows players to dynamically alter the flow of combat utilizing tactical assets and on-demand vehicle delivery. Your mission is to scout and secure difficult locations using the most advanced arsenal of military hardware known to man.

$15 on PSN. Worth it?

JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By JeevesPleez

Like the title says, Section 8 is $15 on the PSN Store in the Special Offers section. Does anyone still play it? Is it even worth getting?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Not from what I heard. It had massive hype then did not live up to iy. 

JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JeevesPleez

Yeah, that's what I heard too. Still, it looks interesting enough for $15 if anyone is still playing, that is.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By yinstarrunner
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " Not from what I heard. It had massive hype then did not live up to iy.  "
    Massive hype? Where the hell was all this "massive hype"? 

Don't get it, the game sold horribly.  It had some interesting ideas but the online community is probably really, really thin by now.  And multiplayer is the only reason to play it, so... there you go.  You might get a few good games out of it with people who also bought it on sale, but don't expect any of them to stick around for more than a few days/weeks.
    MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By MikeinSC

The game itself wasn't bad....but, yeah, the online community is assuredly dead as all royal hell now.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @yinstarrunner said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    Massive hype? Where the hell was all this "massive hype"?   Don't get it, the game sold horribly.  It had some interesting ideas but the online community is probably really, really thin by now.  And multiplayer is the only reason to play it, so... there you go.  You might get a few good games out of it with people who also bought it on sale, but don't expect any of them to stick around for more than a few days/weeks. "
    The devs hyped up the spawn any where thing. That is what I mean. 
    JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JeevesPleez
    @bitcloud: Popular and better? How so?

@The_Laughing_Man:
    You have to admit, though. That spawn-in is actually pretty cool.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @JeevesPleez said:
    " @bitcloud: Popular and better? How so?

@The_Laughing_Man: You have to admit, though. That spawn-in is actually pretty cool. "
    O yes. It was a great idea. But the game was horrible. 
    JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JeevesPleez
    @bitcloud: Hmm. Well, that gives me hope. I'll sleep on it, and see what I think tomorrow.

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @JeevesPleez said:
    @The_Laughing_Man: You have to admit, though. That spawn-in is actually pretty cool. "
    O yes. It was a great idea. But the game was horrible.  "

lol
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @JeevesPleez said:
    " @bitcloud: Hmm. Well, that gives me hope. I'll sleep on it, and see what I think tomorrow.

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @JeevesPleez said:
    lol "
    AHAHAH I crushed you when I spawned...wait..wtf why do I run so janky...
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @JeevesPleez said:

I seem to 'quote you for da truth' a lot these days...or at least that's what it feels like.

But yes, the spawning is actually really fun, but once you hit the ground you'll want to shoot yourself...
    Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fierrze

I tried the demo on 360 and it seemed pretty fun and I just bought this from PSN and waiting for playing it later today. 

If someone wants to play some, add me PSN: Fierrze

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By c1337us

Section 8 is pretty average. $15 might be a little too high.

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fierrze

Oh come on it was 10€ for a game that was sold with full price.

stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By stafax
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @JeevesPleez said:

So, have you even played the game or not? From those two comments, it seems that you never even played the game, but you want to go ahead and dismiss it as horrible just because the game wasn't popular. Section 8 is actually really fun, and it was the best $15 I spent on PSN.  It was even $10 a few weeks ago.  How about you try out a game before you bash it.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @stafax said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @JeevesPleez said:

So, have you even played the game or not? From those two comments, it seems that you never even played the game, but you want to go ahead and dismiss it as horrible just because the game wasn't popular. Section 8 is actually really fun, and it was the best $15 I spent on PSN.  It was even $10 a few weeks ago.  How about you try out a game before you bash it. "
    This topic is three months old. When I put that second post yes I had played it. And I stand with what I said. The only good idea was the spawn in way. 
    stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By stafax
    @The_Laughing_Man:   Yes this topic is over 3 months old, but both those comments I quoted are both marked as 3 months and 3 weeks old, so they had to have been posted within a week from each other.  Saying you "heard" a game is like this, and then saying it's horrible not even a week later indicated to me that you didn't even play the game, that's why I asked.  If you tried it and didn't like it, fine, you're entitled to that, but horrible? Is that your definition of horrible? I admit that Section 8 has its problems, but there are so many worse games out there. 
    And I still think you're selling the game short by saying that the spawn was the only good idea.  How many other games have multiple mission objectives going on at once?  Killzone 2 is the only other game with multiple objectives, but those go through a rotation rather than all going on at once.  Jet packs haven't been used much in FPS since Tribes (Halo Reach and KZ3 aren't out yet).  I don't think the overdrive running is in any other fps, or at least that I can think of.  You didn't find the game fun, fine, I can dig that, I sure found it fun but I know it's not a game for everyone.  I'll even go another step further and say it's an ugly looking game as well. But it's definitely a lot more creative than a unique way of spawning.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @stafax said:

" @The_Laughing_Man:   Yes this topic is over 3 months old, but both those comments I quoted are both marked as 3 months and 3 weeks old, so they had to have been posted within a week from each other.  Saying you "heard" a game is like this, and then saying it's horrible not even a week later indicated to me that you didn't even play the game, that's why I asked.  If you tried it and didn't like it, fine, you're entitled to that, but horrible? Is that your definition of horrible? I admit that Section 8 has its problems, but there are so many worse games out there. And I still think you're selling the game short by saying that the spawn was the only good idea.  How many other games have multiple mission objectives going on at once?  Killzone 2 is the only other game with multiple objectives, but those go through a rotation rather than all going on at once.  Jet packs haven't been used much in FPS since Tribes (Halo Reach and KZ3 aren't out yet).  I don't think the overdrive running is in any other fps, or at least that I can think of.  You didn't find the game fun, fine, I can dig that, I sure found it fun but I know it's not a game for everyone.  I'll even go another step further and say it's an ugly looking game as well. But it's definitely a lot more creative than a unique way of spawning. "

Clunky controls. Semi bad shooting. Are some of the things. It was pretty ugly. I had FPS issues at some parts. As for more then one objective? MAG did it and did it pretty well.  The game did not live up to the hype they gave it.  
    stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By stafax
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @stafax said:

" @The_Laughing_Man:   Yes this topic is over 3 months old, but both those comments I quoted are both marked as 3 months and 3 weeks old, so they had to have been posted within a week from each other.  Saying you "heard" a game is like this, and then saying it's horrible not even a week later indicated to me that you didn't even play the game, that's why I asked.  If you tried it and didn't like it, fine, you're entitled to that, but horrible? Is that your definition of horrible? I admit that Section 8 has its problems, but there are so many worse games out there. And I still think you're selling the game short by saying that the spawn was the only good idea.  How many other games have multiple mission objectives going on at once?  Killzone 2 is the only other game with multiple objectives, but those go through a rotation rather than all going on at once.  Jet packs haven't been used much in FPS since Tribes (Halo Reach and KZ3 aren't out yet).  I don't think the overdrive running is in any other fps, or at least that I can think of.  You didn't find the game fun, fine, I can dig that, I sure found it fun but I know it's not a game for everyone.  I'll even go another step further and say it's an ugly looking game as well. But it's definitely a lot more creative than a unique way of spawning. "

Clunky controls. Semi bad shooting. Are some of the things. It was pretty ugly. I had FPS issues at some parts. As for more then one objective? MAG did it and did it pretty well.  The game did not live up to the hype they gave it.   "
    I don't get why you thought this game was hyped. I seen a few developer interviews before the game came out, and yeah they tried to sell their game, all developers do that. But this game had almost no hype at all.  Lots of people never even heard of this game, and it came out around the same time as Halo ODST.  How can you say a game that came out on 360/PC at the same time as Halo ODST had hype?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.