Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Any way to clear the map on a new game?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rorie

I want to play this again, without the golden guns or having the entire map revealed. I've tried starting new games, saving them to memory cards, and even deleting the game entirely and re-downloading it, but no matter what I do, the damn map is always revealed entirely when I try to start it again, and I'd prefer to start fresh. It also keeps my level intact on a new game. 
    Anyone ever figure out a way to turn off this little "feature"? I want to do a real new game, not a new game+. 

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rorie

I tried signing into another profile but it only lets me play the trial version of the game, even though I have the full thing on my HDD. Frustrating. 

EVHKwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By EVHKwick

Try clearing your cache, maybe? Only thing I think of that might work if deleting your save doesn't.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fallen189
    @Rorie said:
    " I tried signing into another profile but it only lets me play the trial version of the game, even though I have the full thing on my HDD. Frustrating.  "
    It'll be linked to your gamertag. It's not like the PS3 where any profile can play anygame. It seems like a very strange hindsight that you can't delete the map however. Have you tried deleting the savegame and wiping the cache of your 360?
    megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By megasoum

When you say deleting the game was it only the game file or the actual game save? You can see both in the memory section of the settings. Make sure the save file is deleted.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By ReyGitano

Your level and map being revealed sounds like they are tied to your gamertag. As for playing it with another gamertag to start over new, you have to be on the xbox you brought the game on, not just the harddrive you installed it to. Sorry Rorie. You can always transfer your licences to your current Xbox. 

Bit of a warning, you can only transfer license rights between xbox's once a year.  
    But look, virtual puppy... actually this one seems sad... sorry.
    But look, virtual puppy... actually this one seems sad... sorry.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By williamhenry
    @Fallen189 said:
    " @Rorie said:
    " I tried signing into another profile but it only lets me play the trial version of the game, even though I have the full thing on my HDD. Frustrating.  "
    It'll be linked to your gamertag. It's not like the PS3 where any profile can play anygame. It seems like a very strange hindsight that you can't delete the map however. Have you tried deleting the savegame and wiping the cache of your 360? "
    Its linked to the gamertag and the console its license is tied to. So as long as the license is assigned to his current console, any profile on said console can play the game. I do it all the time with games I bought with different profiles. The games are all tied to the same console so I can play them with any gamertag.

Rorie, did you happen to originally purchase the game on a different console? If so, you'll have to do a license transfer at xbox.com. If you transfer the license to your current console, any profile on your system can play the game.
    HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HumanityPlague

You might be stuck, with the full map.  If you bought the game on another console, you could try re-authorizing all of your 360 games with your current console.  This would allow you to re-authorize your current console with all of your licenses.  The other solution would be to buy the game with your other gamertag (something MS would probably love).  Here's the page about the license tool thing:  

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

Be aware you can only transfer once a year.  But if you did transfer the game would be locked to your console, and you could use other profiles to play your games.  I'm pretty sure anyway. 

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fallen189
    @DivineCC said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " @Rorie said:
    It'll be linked to your gamertag. It's not like the PS3 where any profile can play anygame. It seems like a very strange hindsight that you can't delete the map however. Have you tried deleting the savegame and wiping the cache of your 360? "
    Its linked to the gamertag and the console its license is tied to. So as long as the license is assigned to his current console, any profile on said console can play the game. I do it all the time with games I bought with different profiles. The games are all tied to the same console so I can play them with any gamertag.Rorie, did you happen to originally purchase the game on a different console? If so, you'll have to do a license transfer at xbox.com. If you transfer the license to your current console, any profile on your system can play the game. "
    Oh pardon me, I haven't played the xbox in quite a long time! I still think what I said stands however. It'd be nice if Rorie could clarify what he's tried, however!
    NickyDubz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By NickyDubz

Yah I'm with @hack745 try that but I recently started playing again great game

Avatar image for pullarius_capax
    Pullarius_Capax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Pullarius_Capax

What level are you? At level 20 i think the map is automatically revealed i don't think there is any way to change that.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By sparklykiss
    @Rorie: The way I fix that issue is you need two controllers.

My sister has her own 360 and I can't play her Trials HD, Monday Night Combat, or Shadow Complex downloads unless I sign in as her on the first controller and on my account for the second one. You'll have to be viewing the dashboard of controller one, but you take control as controller two and you should be able to load it up from there and play on your other account. After that, you can sign out from the first controller and keep on playing. It's always worked for me and it's how I share games with friends and such. =)
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Evilsbane

The only way is to play the game with a different profile on your Xbox 360.
    Sorry Rorie I dug around and found A lot of things telling me You cannot do what you want, so different profile or no dice, take 3 puppies and call me in the morning.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rorie
    @Sparklykiss: This worked, thanks, after I transferred the license! And to think that all of this would be workaroundable if the game simply let you start a real, new game. 
    sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sparklykiss
    @Rorie: :D
    That's awesome, super glad it worked for you. :D Just know if you want to start completely fresh in the future you'll have to keep making new accounts. :P
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Evilsbane
    @Sparklykiss said:
    " @Rorie: The way I fix that issue is you need two controllers.

My sister has her own 360 and I can't play her Trials HD, Monday Night Combat, or Shadow Complex downloads unless I sign in as her on the first controller and on my account for the second one. You'll have to be viewing the dashboard of controller one, but you take control as controller two and you should be able to load it up from there and play on your other account. After that, you can sign out from the first controller and keep on playing. It's always worked for me and it's how I share games with friends and such. =)
    "
    DUDE your the man! I thought it was neigh impossible! Thanks for the info.
    sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sparklykiss
    @Evilsbane: No problem! =) I've been using that little trick for a long time. (But then I figured out how to share a game with other Xbox 360s instead. =D)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.