Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadows of the Damned

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

As demon hunter Garcia "F**king" Hotspur, players must venture into Hell itself in order to rescue Paula, Garcia's innocent girlfriend, from the sadistic torments of Fleming, the Lord of Demons.

Exploitable Glitch!

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By the_hiro_abides

If you pick up a red gem before you hit a check point, you get another chance to get it again! After it saves from One Eye Willy, die or quit to reload. When it starts up again, check the same spot and voila, another upgrade!

I first noticed this in Act 4-5 Suburban Nightmares near the end before the church. There are 2 red gems in this area and I died while playing Legion Hunter on my second play through. I just checked one of the spots with the demon pubes and noticed it was locked again and went through the process again. And behind the door was the red gem again.

Anyway, this helps fix my spec of only upgrading health and the light shot before upgrading damage on any of the guns.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

Doesn't a checkpoint just reset? Meaning if you collect it, die, then reload you are just collecting it as if it were the first time again?

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Getz

I wonder if you can get the red gem achievement this way... I don't think I really need extra help beating the game, but not having to search out every last gem for that achievement would sure be nice.

the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the_hiro_abides

@VelvetLore04: I meant

• Collect Red Gem
    • Check point
    • Reload
    • Collect Red Gem again

Not every spot is exploitable. But in Act 4-5 you can glitch it twice. So I got 6 instead of 2.

the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Update!

Using the glitch makes some of the load times a little weird. Mostly that the Paper doll of Garcia in the load screen stop. But the music is still playing.

As for the gem achievement, supposedly 38 to be found and 42 has to be bought from Christopher.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I always loved glitching games till they broke. Like cheating so many times in San Andreas, all the cars were permanently set on overdrive. It was great.

Bubbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Bubbly
    @wolf_blitzer85: lol I remember in San Andreas I used so many cheats that Mad Dogg would immediately jump off of the building and it was impossible to complete that mission. Had to start a new game.
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_hiro_abides

So I found this glitch on Youtube. I can verify it is an infinitely repeatable glitch even on the hardest difficulty of "Satanic Hell". Basically you are using 2 different check points. The second checkpoint, right after reloading the game, if you turn around (and I would hit the open button) on the door that should be closed will start the scene of darkness being spewed from the hand. It will pull you into the room where you can collect the gem again and then use the checkpoint near the entrance of the room that is invisible except for it's Z's.

Anyway, it's hard to explain. Just watch the video.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ajamafalous

@the_hiro_abides said:

If you pick up a red gem before you hit a check point, you get another chance to get it again! After it saves from One Eye Willy, die or quit to reload. When it starts up again, check the same spot and voila, another upgrade!

I first noticed this in Act 4-5 Suburban Nightmares near the end before the church. There are 2 red gems in this area and I died while playing Legion Hunter on my second play through. I just checked one of the spots with the demon pubes and noticed it was locked again and went through the process again. And behind the door was the red gem again.

Anyway, this helps fix my spec of only upgrading health and the light shot before upgrading damage on any of the guns.

@the_hiro_abides said:

@the_hiro_abides said:

I just checked one of the spots with the demon pubes and noticed it was locked again and went through the process again.

@the_hiro_abides said:

I just checked one of the spots with the demon pubes and noticed it was locked again

@the_hiro_abides said:

I just checked one of the spots with the demon pubes

@the_hiro_abides said:

one of the spots with the demon pubes

@the_hiro_abides said:

demon pubes

the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the_hiro_abides

@ajamafalous: That's what they're called! But seriously I was waiting for somebody to emphasize demon pubes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.