Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shenmue III

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 19, 2019

Shenmue III is the third game in the Shenmue franchise.

Shenmue 3 tops $6.3 million, sets new record

• 55 results
    mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@cameron: Can I just ask, did you back the project?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Seeing a lot of people telling me 2 million would not be enough money for me to get the Shenmue 3 that "I want". Well for 15 years we asked him for a movie, a comic, a script, a post it note with some scribbles on it, anything. What I want and what many of the people that actually care about Shenmue 3 want, is more story and at the very least, CLOSURE. What kind of price can you put on that? Let people alone to enjoy a small victory. At the end of the day, the people that will complain when Shenmue 3 does come out are not the people that have been waiting all this time anyways.

Avanzato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

First post funding update is now up.

It's Yu Suzuki's thank you message and a few people are already asking for things, one person complained the message was too late already.

This is going to be great!

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@mrcraggle: No, I don't trust Yu Suzuki enough to risk my money on the project. He undoubtedly has amazing ideas, but that doesn't tend to go well with a limited budget. I know he ran one of Sega's best studios for ages, but I'm not sure how that will translate into a relatively small project with huge fan expectations. Peter Molyneux's recent disasters have made me very wary of people with big ideas (and a history of making great games), but no realistic sense of what it will cost to make them real.

My concerns are more about the way people are running game development campaigns on Kickstarter generally, I just think Shenmue 3 is a good example of a trend that worries me.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I backed at the $500 tier.I probably won't follow much of the actual development and kickstarter drama though.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to the angry comments from kids who've never played a Shenmue game and have no idea what they gave their money for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.